FFFFFFFFFFFFFF..... 91 in a 65 in Jersey

Started by 12,000 RPM, December 07, 2013, 04:35:54 PM

12,000 RPM

What the fuck am I gonna do

Its so easy to speed in this damn car. And damn near everyone else in Jersey drives that fast. Lot of folks got ambushed with me
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CJ

Pay attention to your speed and this won't happen.

MX793

Is there reciprocity between NJ and NC?  If not, then there's no points on your license.  Just pay the fine.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CJ on December 07, 2013, 04:52:34 PM
I accept full responibility.

12,000 RPM

Who did I blame? I accept full responsibility for what I did.

Quote from: MX793 on December 07, 2013, 05:00:19 PM
Is there reciprocity between NJ and NC?  If not, then there's no points on your license.  Just pay the fine.
There is reciprocity between most states including NC and NJ

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 05:10:31 PM
Who did I blame? I accept full responsibility for what I did.
There is reciprocity between most states including NC and NJ

I guess that's on of the perks of being a NY resident.  With the exception of drug/alcohol related offenses (or any ticket issued in Ontario or Quebec), out of state tickets/violations don't end up on your driving record.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 05:35:23 PM
I gave them my NY license

Don't beat yourself up about it.  That's a damn fine ticket.

If you gave them your NY license, you should be fine.  You'll do well if you choose to go to court.  You have a likeable disposition and present well.   But you probably don't have to go.

Don't sweat it, man.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

12,000 RPM

I can't go to court. Its in Jersey. I am thinking about hiring a lawyer

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 05:35:23 PM
I gave them my NY license

As long as you pay the fine then it will probably never show up on your record.

Do you have licenses for both NY and NC?  If so, I'd be more concerned that they find out you're an NC resident and have an NC license but gave them a NY license.  I'm pretty sure you can't have licenses in two different states.
Needs more Jiggawatts

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 06:01:11 PM
I can't go to court. Its in Jersey. I am thinking about hiring a lawyer

When did this happen?

What you need most now is information to make a clear-headed decision.  The first question is, was your speed fast enough that the charge was more serious than speeding?  I imagine that you could tell that by looking at the ticket.

If you gave the cop your NY license, I already know that it won't translate unless it's a more serious charge like drunk driving.  So that's one thing you don't need to worry about.

The fact that you weren't taken off in 'cuffs leads me to believe that it's no more serious than a heavy speeding ticket that will, at worst, carry a heavy fine.

One you determine that the fine is the only issue, then it just becomes an issue of whether the fine is high enough that you could save money by hiring a lawyer.  Unless it's a really steep fine, that's doubtful.  People don't hire lawyers to get them out of fines; they hire lawyers because they're in danger of penalties more serious than a fine (Cougs excepted, of course).

Just be cool about it, man, and get all your information together.  I think you'll find that it's not that big a deal once you get all the facts.  Considering how much you can speed without getting busted, it's really cheap entertainment when you look at it over the long run.  Think that way and keep a positive attitude about it.  If I can do anything at all to help, let me know.  We're your buddies here.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Did you ever see "Guy Code?"  This is a major violation.  If the dude wants a lecture, he'll go to some older female relative.  We're his buddies and should offer only support.  He didn't do anything really wrong.

S204STi

What does the ticket state?  Summons required?

12,000 RPM

I just dont want my insurance to spike. Thats the main thing. Thats really the only thing. I'd rather pay a lawyer $1000 and get no points than just pay the fine and have my shit spike. I was like 4 months away from my bike crash clearing.

The ticket is in the car... I will look at it tomorrow.

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 06:56:10 PM
I just dont want my insurance to spike. Thats the main thing. Thats really the only thing. I'd rather pay a lawyer $1000 and get no points than just pay the fine and have my shit spike. I was like 4 months away from my bike crash clearing.

If the ticket doesn't show up on your license,  I don't think you need to worry about insurance.   They'll never know about it.

I got an out of state speeding ticket about 6 months ago.  DMV told me it wouldn't go on my driving record.  I was glad to get a freebie.  I don't think you need to worry.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

thewizard16

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 06:56:10 PM

My most significant ticket was in Wisconsin (technically my license was "suspended" in Wisconsin for 90 days due to it) and it never showed up on my insurance. Out of state tickets seem to not show up very often unless it's a criminal penalty.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

dazzleman

Quote from: thewizard16 on December 07, 2013, 09:27:34 PM
My most significant ticket was in Wisconsin (technically my license was "suspended" in Wisconsin for 90 days due to it) and it never showed up on my insurance. Out of state tickets seem to not show up very often unless it's a criminal penalty.

How fast were you going?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: dazzleman on December 07, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
If the ticket doesn't show up on your license,  I don't think you need to worry about insurance.   They'll never know about it.

I got an out of state speeding ticket about 6 months ago.  DMV told me it wouldn't go on my driving record.  I was glad to get a freebie.  I don't think you need to worry.
I am scared to ask anyone anything as they might go digging. I guess I can ask anonymously

Gotta-Qik-C7

In some cities/states 20+ over the limit is a mandatory court appearance...
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on December 07, 2013, 10:16:28 PM
In some cities/states 20+ over the limit is a mandatory court appearance...

It varies by state.  In New York, it's 30+ over the speed limit.  In CT, it's over 85 mph.

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 10:08:33 PM
I am scared to ask anyone anything as they might go digging. I guess I can ask anonymously

Dude, if you want to send me a scan of the ticket privately, I'll look it over and inquire on your behalf (not using your name) if you'd like.

I've had a few buddies with New York licenses who have gotten speeding tickets outside New York in recent years, and they were the ones who told me that only a couple of Canadian provinces are reciprocal with New York in terms of violations appearing on your license.  The NYS DMV website is pretty clear about it. 

Don't get confused about the much broader compact among states to suspend home state licenses of drivers who fail to answer out-of-state tickets.  Many people think that means violations are reciprocal among those states, but that's not true.  The home state only gets informed if you fail to pay the ticket or appear in court to get it dismissed.

You really need to take a closer look at the ticket.  As I said, I can help look it over for you if you'd like.  But just the fact that he gave you a ticket and let you drive off makes me think the ticket is no more serious than speeding.  Heavy speeding, yes, but not at the next level.

Is this your first ticket?  I don't remember you ever mentioning one before.  Trust me, by the 5th or 6th, they get a lot easier to deal with.... :lol:

When I got my ticket in New York back in late May, I checked the CT DMV website to see about out-of-state violations, but it was very vague.  So I emailed my question to the DMV and they came back telling me it would not appear on my license as long as I paid it.

thewizard16

Quote from: dazzleman on December 07, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
How fast were you going?
93 in a 70 if I remember correctly. It was a few years ago.

92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

dazzleman

Quote from: thewizard16 on December 07, 2013, 11:22:16 PM
93 in a 70 if I remember correctly. It was a few years ago.

Good job, man.  Consider me impressed.  :rockon:

hounddog

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 07, 2013, 04:35:54 PM
Lot of folks got ambushed with me
By "ambushed" do you mean, "Posted speed signs in accordance with state and possibly federal laws"? 

Yeah, I hate when they do that.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on December 07, 2013, 11:41:51 PM
By "ambushed" do you mean, "Posted speed signs in accordance with state and possibly federal laws"? 

Yeah, I hate when they do that.

You know what he meant.  This isn't the time to bust balls.

hounddog

Quote from: dazzleman on December 07, 2013, 11:51:39 PM
You know what he meant.  This isn't the time to bust balls.
What is this, the Little Old Ladies Knitting Club?

FYI, Dave, it is always time to bust balls in ManLand.

I think you may be looking for this thread, Dave:

http://www.carspin.net/index.php?topic=30005.0
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on December 08, 2013, 01:10:42 AM
What is this, the Little Old Ladies Knitting Club?

FYI, Dave, it is always time to bust balls in ManLand.

I think you may be looking for this thread, Dave:

http://www.carspin.net/index.php?topic=30005.0

:lol: Great to have you back, Tony...

Sporty's ticket is something he should be proud of.  If it were me, I'd frame it... :evildude:

hounddog

Quote from: dazzleman on December 08, 2013, 02:17:21 AM
:lol: Great to have you back, Tony...

Sporty's ticket is something he should be proud of.  If it were me, I'd frame it... :evildude:
:lol: Thanks.  My being back is likely temporary, as I have found myself with considerable downtime lately with not feeling 100% and so on. 

I was not aware that was Sporty. 

Why did he start an entirely new account instead of just having the boss's rename it for him?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke