Hey Raza.... watch these before you buy that Abarth:

Started by 12,000 RPM, May 16, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 23, 2014, 02:38:54 PM
Accord link you posted is to an automatic sedan- pretty much the opposite of what Raza wants.

And why not end the speculation and just post what you drive? Who let you drive their M3? Where did you drive it? Since when does how a car drives equate to all that matters about buying/owning it? Who in here said the GTI/500 were comparable to an M3 performance wise? Lol. You can't make new strawmen until you dig yourself out of the hole your  old ones made.

Let's try this again, because you seem to have a hard time reading.

I don't think the GTI is a bargin of any sort, I made the comparison to an Accord V6 as a car that offers MORE practicality, performance and fuel economy - I provided a comparison of both vehicles that proved my point. If Raza wants a sporty car, why is he picking the VW that is a hatchback with the most boring engine in existence? Who knows.
The M3 is better in every single objective performance measurement and can be had near GTI prices. Again no one stated the GTI was on the M3's level, just simply there are USED cars that are better deals than a fucking factory riced shitbox. How you twisted this into some drawn out argument where I you believed I claimed the Golf competes with the M3, I don't know.
Finally, again  what do you know of what I personally drive or what I drove?

Back up from the keyboard and take a deep breath and try not to get so emotinally invested in an arguement about cars. You like your shitty little Rabbit, great, I don't.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 23, 2014, 02:42:10 PM
Raza doesn't want an Accord V6 automatic or an M3 or cars like them. In fact, here is how he is approaching this purchase in his own words.

So what exactly IS your point?

What's yours? Where in that criteria did he state that the car can't be used? Pre owned cars don't have warrantys? I'm opening up the discussion from 2 subpar cars into other options, aand just because YOU don't agree, doesn't make it wrong; just shut up and enjoy your shit sandwich.
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

68_427

In what world is a 16K Abarth similarly priced to an e90/2 M3?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Char

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 02:49:57 PM
Let's try this again, because you seem to have a hard time reading.

I don't think the GTI is a bargin of any sort, I made the comparison to an Accord V6 as a car that offers MORE practicality, performance and fuel economy - I provided a comparison of both vehicles that proved my point.
Again, no way Raza would buy an automatic anything. So the sedan is out. Even if it wasn't though, for single dude whose current ride is a 2 seater, what added practicality does the Accord add that the GTI doesn't? The GTI can haul the same 5 passengers, and is more versatile for carrying cargo/stuff. Also, Raza wants a city car... so the GTI/500's better city gas mileage and easier parking are more relevant than the Accord V6's ????? or the M3's ????????

Not to mention, the only performance metrics an Accord V6 matches the GTI in is in a straight line. Lol @ the skidpad grip and braking.

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 02:49:57 PMIf Raza wants a sporty car, why is he picking the VW that is a hatchback with the most boring engine in existence? Who knows.
For a new, stickshift, performance oriented, city friendly car, what other choices does he have?

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 02:49:57 PMThe M3 is better in every single objective performance measurement and can be had near GTI prices.
Lol, because objective performance measurements are the driving metrics behind this purchase, right? Or just your bench racing based "automotive enthusiasm".

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 02:49:57 PMAgain no one stated the GTI was on the M3's level, just simply there are USED cars that are better deals than a fucking factory riced shitbox. How you twisted this into some drawn out argument where I you believed I claimed the Golf competes with the M3, I don't know.
You didn't claim it was on the level, you just claimed everyone who disagreed with you did.

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 02:55:30 PM
What's yours? Where in that criteria did he state that the car can't be used?
In the part where he said his brother convinced him to buy new.

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 03:08:09 PM
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/abarth/

:rolleyes:
Lol... a fully loaded Abarth is $26K. Where is Raza going to get an E90 M3 with a warranty for anywhere close to that?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Raza is getting a screaming deal in a 2013 Abarth, for like 16K.

12,000 RPM

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Char

Quote from: 68_427 on May 23, 2014, 03:40:46 PM
Brand new 2013s are 16-17K near me as well.

They would have to pay me to drive that car. I knew a girl who gave me a hand job at a wedding who drove one of those.

Char

Quote from: CJ on May 23, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
Notice how the current bid is over $30,000?  Unless you're just not very good at math, that's nearly double what he'd be paying for this Abarth.
I know you're either too lazy or just stupid - I'll go with stupid
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_vxp=mtr&_nkw=BMW+m3&_dcat=6131&Body%2520Type=Sedan&rt=nc

Plenty can be found around the 30K range at this point - again, the point wasn't that the M3 is the perfect option (it is if your a heterosexual male who likes cars) but rather there are better options than a shitty Fiat and GTI.
Again, I am basing this on the brand new prices of both the GTI and 500. I would even buy an E46 M3 for half as much.

CJ

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 03:57:28 PM
I know you're either too lazy or just stupid - I'll go with stupid
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_vxp=mtr&_nkw=BMW+m3&_dcat=6131&Body%2520Type=Sedan&rt=nc

Plenty can be found around the 30K range at this point - again, the point wasn't that the M3 is the perfect option (it is if your a heterosexual male who likes cars) but rather there are better options than a shitty Fiat and GTI.
Again, I am basing this on the brand new prices of both the GTI and 500. I would even buy an E46 M3 for half as much.

The brand new price of this Abarth is $16,000.  Tell me how I'm wrong. 

CALL_911

Quote from: 2o6 on May 23, 2014, 01:48:38 PM
He really reminds me of Me, Rags, Ro, and all of us young people when we used to pretend we knew shit when we were like 15.

hahaha i feel that

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Char

Quote from: CJ on May 23, 2014, 04:15:00 PM

The brand new price of this Abarth is $16,000.  Tell me how I'm wrong.

I can't, but in what universe a 25K GTI in the same price range as a Abarth?
No matter what, the M cars are better in every way imaginable, no matter the price.

2o6

Char

Quote from: 2o6 on May 23, 2014, 05:37:07 PM
This guy is either 15 years old, or cougs.

You keep on posting this, we'll see how tired you get of it until you move to your next insult.

2o6

Char

Quote from: 2o6 on May 23, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
Like I said, he's either 15, or GoCougs.

No, you said

Quote from: 2o6 on May 23, 2014, 05:30:39 PM
I'm telling you, this guy drives a beat to shit 325e.

Make up your mind already.  :rolleyes:

12,000 RPM

Either way, :wtf: @ suggesting an E9x M3/Honda Accord sedan as reasonable alternatives to a 16k, low key, fun, small city car

:wtf: @ handjobs as well, I will bet she didn't even finish

:wtf: @ telling other people what they should buy and like, but being too scared to admit to what you drive

:wtf: @ someone letting a 15 year old drive an E90 M3 enthusiastically

SO.
MUCH.
FAIL.

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 23, 2014, 06:11:29 PM
Either way, :wtf: @ suggesting an E9x M3/Honda Accord sedan as reasonable alternatives to a 16k, low key, fun, small city car

:wtf: @ telling other people what they should buy and like, but being too scared to admit to what you drive

:wtf: @ someone letting a 15 year old drive an E90 M3 enthusiastically

SO.
MUCH.
FAIL.

Owning a Fiat 500 and knowing I paid my hard earned currency to purchase it would have me embarrassed, then I again, I suppose Raza is too, which is why he needs the approval of strangers to justify his purchase.

68_427

If he's afraid of being embarrassed he can hop into his BMW...
'racecar is die'
no

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 06:32:13 PM
Owning a Fiat 500 and knowing I paid my hard earned currency to purchase it would have me embarrassed, then I again, I suppose Raza is too, which is why he needs the approval of strangers to justify his purchase.

No, I'm fairly certain you're immune to embarassment.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 06:32:13 PM
Do you know what it feels like to pay your hard earned currency to purchase any car?

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 23, 2014, 06:50:50 PM
Do you know what it feels like to pay your hard earned currency to purchase any car?

Every single one of them that I've owned. And when I purchased my most recent one, I never considered a VW (despite their massive depreciation) or a Fiat.

Oh and Raza, have fun jumping from one woman's car to another. That'll teach me  ;)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 07:13:40 PM
Every single one of them that I've owned. And when I purchased my most recent one, I never considered a VW (despite their massive depreciation) or a Fiat.

Oh and Raza, have fun jumping from one woman's car to another. That'll teach me  ;)

All this and sexual insecurity too?

You're like the gift that keeps on giving.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 23, 2014, 07:13:40 PM

Name some..........

hotrodalex

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 23, 2014, 06:11:29 PM

Only knob she was touching was for the radio.

Raza

Guys, guys. DFTT. Currently you are FTT.

Whether he's 15 or just stupid, we'll never know for sure. It's possible that a Volkswagen hit his dog and then raped the dog's corpse in front of him at a young age, so he's been traumatized.

Plus, I totally just bought an E90 M3. It's perfect for driving in the snow and not sticking out like a sore thumb. And it's a hatchback and comes with a warranty too, so that's awesome.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ