Cars we can all agree on?

Started by Madman, November 12, 2014, 03:07:01 PM

2o6

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 12, 2014, 03:54:51 PM
Mazda 3

(Dart is a sharper drive, and although I don't think it's a bad car, I don't understand the love affair with it.)

GTI/GLI

Elise

MR2

NSX

MK1 Focus

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on November 13, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

What? I liked it. It drives sharp and has a high quality interior and attractive pricing.

I just didn't think it was all that. (It's sharp, but not the damn second coming that the enthusiast crowd make it to be, and the interior accommodations are tight)

The Fiesta ST is the problem I have with the Mazda 3. A Mazda 3 equipped the way I would want it to be would be the same price as a Fiesta ST which is 1000% more engaging and has roughly the same interior space.
No it doesn't.  The Fiesta ST is tiny inside.  The Mazda 3 is virtually the same size inside as my G37.

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on November 13, 2014, 10:09:08 AM
No it doesn't.  The Fiesta ST is tiny inside.  The Mazda 3 is virtually the same size inside as my G37.

I said roughly.

And the G37 isn't that roomy either....

Listen, you like it. That's great. I don't see the hype.

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 13, 2014, 09:42:53 AM
Go drive one. :huh:
I don't fit.  I have a long torso and the windshield header is directly in my line of vision.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on November 13, 2014, 10:10:22 AM
I said roughly.

And the G37 isn't that roomy either....

Listen, you like it. That's great. I don't see the hype.
So, you're wrong. 

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on November 13, 2014, 10:11:50 AM
So, you're wrong.

No. A lot of people, reviews included, have complained about the tight interior.

I don't understand why saying a car is small inside makes you so damn bothered.

Byteme

Quote from: SVT666 on November 12, 2014, 05:37:00 PM
The only people who have anything bad to say about the 3 or 6 have never driven them.  You may not adore the 6, but you do like it, right?

Not true.  I dislike the interior, especially the screen sitting on the dash like a wart on a woman's face, owned an 06 and have driven a new one.  That alone would move me to the 6.

Payman

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SVT666 on November 13, 2014, 10:10:33 AM
I don't fit.  I have a long torso and the windshield header is directly in my line of vision.

Tilt the seat back :huh:

So for everyone who isn't freakishly tall, no one who has been in the driverseat of a Miata doesn't want one.

(New one is going to rock the sales unbelievably- many people don't get them because they've looked "too girlie".)
Will

SVT666

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SVT666 on November 13, 2014, 02:50:01 PM
Do you honestly think I didn't try that?

:huh:   You're cuckoo enough to not like Miatas, so why would I assume you're crazy enough to not tilt the seat back :lol:
Will

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 13, 2014, 04:02:02 PM
:huh:   You're cuckoo enough to not like Miatas, so why would I assume you're crazy enough to not tilt the seat back :lol:
I don't like the Miata because I can't see through the windshield.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Onslaught

I don't think it's possible to agree on all cars. I can't stand some of the ones you guys love.

FlatBlackCaddy

I'm pretty sure the closest we would ever get to all agreeing on something would be the miata or maybe the atom. The rest have too much competition that leads to too much subjective preferences.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

1974 Dodge Monaco

Everyone here hates it! Except me!  :rockon:  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 2o6 on November 13, 2014, 10:05:15 AM
(Dart is a sharper drive, and although I don't think it's a bad car, I don't understand the love affair with it.)

GTI/GLI

Elise

MR2

NSX

MK1 Focus

I, surprisingly, agree with your list. Some reservations about the current gen GLI however.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Onslaught on November 13, 2014, 06:03:27 PM
I don't think it's possible to agree on all cars. I can't stand some of the ones you guys love.

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 13, 2014, 06:30:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the closest we would ever get to all agreeing on something would be the miata or maybe the atom. The rest have too much competition that leads to too much subjective preferences.

Not that tough I think. I like/respect a lot of cars. I do prefer BMWs (obviously!) but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate lots of other makes and models.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Gotta-Qik-C7

I think we should add the S2000 to the list.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

SVT32V

Quote from: SVT666 on November 13, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
I don't like the Miata because I can't see through the windshield.

I don't care for the miata because they are always so damn slow, I want some punch in the right pedal.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT32V on November 14, 2014, 06:22:28 AM
I don't care for the miata because they are always so damn slow, I want some punch in the right pedal.
:golfclap:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SVT32V on November 14, 2014, 06:22:28 AM

I can see where you're coming from, issue is that others with punch lose it during the corners. Miata keeps right pedal in the down position.
Will

veeman

I've never heard of anyone say anything bad about the Porsche Boxter or Porsche Cayman.  I don't think anyone who posts on this forum owns one though.

I really haven't seen anyone rag on Accord sedans, either in 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder form.

Although not talked about much, I've never seen anyone dislike a Toyota Tacoma.

12,000 RPM

I dont like to come to a consensus just for the sake of coming to a consensus.

Never been a fan of the A5/S5/RS5 or the R8. x5's back seat is useless, and it doesn't look good. I am also thinking it might be HEAVIER than the x4, making it completely redundant. I saw an R8 at one of my old jobs. It was too wide. I also think it's too heavy. Struggling to come up with a reason to get one over a 911.

Speaking of 911s, that's a must. Tons of heritage, value, and variety. Great street AND track car, decent enough looking, in comfy company with anything from a 458 Speciale to a GT-R depending on which one you choose. Easily my favorite car and a "must agree".
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs