Is it wrong to own a sports car and not do regular track days in it?

Started by 12,000 RPM, December 15, 2014, 09:48:39 AM

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza  on December 16, 2014, 03:13:14 PM
Yeah, of course.  If I didn't, I'd drive some upstart Korean sofa cushion wannabe-Mercedes family car.

:golfclap:

Rupert

Driving on a track is like going to the gym. Boring and pointless. Give me the open road and a lifestyle that just includes exercise everyday.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on December 18, 2014, 12:08:01 AM
Driving on a track is like going to the gym. Boring and pointless. Give me the open road and a lifestyle that just includes exercise everyday.

Would be great, but I don't like the whole tickets/suspension/jobless/jail thing.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

I love going to the gym

I love being outdoors and all that shit too

But its fun to naturally modify your body and test your strength. To me at least.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on December 18, 2014, 12:08:01 AM

It's fun for a little while. Although eventually I want to drive somewhere else and not just go in circles.

MX793

Quote from: hotrodalex on December 18, 2014, 10:06:43 AM
It's fun for a little while. Although eventually I want to drive somewhere else and not just go in circles.

That's another issue.  Unless the track has multiple configurations and they run a different loop every track session, regular track days at the same track gets old.  Another reason I like AutoX is because even at the same venue, you will typically have different course layouts every event.  Granted, our local region runs at least half of our events on a shifter kart track that only has 2 very slightly different layouts, so after a season or two you've pretty much got it memorized.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5