2016 Volt

Started by ifcar, January 12, 2015, 05:21:18 AM

SVT666

I've never seen a vagina that looks like that.

r0tor

Quote from: SVT666 on January 13, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

Come on... You even fiddle with the round thing near the top
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MexicoCityM3

I don't get all the hate. I think this new one looks better inside & out, plus the specs extend the usage envelope quite a bit. I'd consider this for daily driving if it were available here.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

SVT666

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on January 13, 2015, 04:20:35 PM
I don't get all the hate. I think this new one looks better inside & out, plus the specs extend the usage envelope quite a bit. I'd consider this for daily driving if it were available here.
It looks like a $20K car on the outside.  Inside is nice, but the outside doesn't look any nicer than a Mazda3.

Tave

Exterior looks like GM copied a Hyundai vs GM conservatively copied a Prius (1st Gen). Mild improvement.

Interior looks like the new Buicks. Huge improvement.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on January 13, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

All vaginas should have cup holders.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 13, 2015, 07:30:25 PM
All vaginas should have cup holders.

Most of them come with two. They even usually have two feet so they can walk to the fridge and fetch me another cold one.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Payman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 13, 2015, 07:52:24 PM
Most of them come with two. They even usually have two feet so they can walk to the fridge and fetch me another cold one.

There's even a built-in bottle opener right below the vadge.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rockraven on January 13, 2015, 07:54:48 PM
There's even a built-in bottle opener right below the vadge.

Not sure if want to use...
)*(
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

mzziaz

+1. I hope they make an Opel version of it.
Cuore Sportivo

12,000 RPM

It's not a sports car,  Benz CL fighter, Ford raptor, or Mazda mainstream sedan so the likelihood of it gaining favor hereare pretty slim. In real life though it's a good looking practical car with high tech, green credibility and low running costs. That's more important in my opinion
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 14, 2015, 07:20:17 AM
It's not a sports car,  Benz CL fighter, Ford raptor, or Mazda mainstream sedan so the likelihood of it gaining favor hereare pretty slim. In real life though it's a good looking practical car with high tech, green credibility and low running costs. That's more important in my opinion
The exterior looks like it has a $20K price tage, not a $40K price tag.  That's my beef with it.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 14, 2015, 07:20:17 AM

Also: not a Golf.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MX793

Quote from: SVT666 on January 14, 2015, 10:18:01 AM
The exterior looks like it has a $20K price tage, not a $40K price tag.  That's my beef with it.

That hybrid drivetrain is expensive.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SJ_GTI

Quote from: MX793 on January 14, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

I think GM has to bring down the cost of this powertrain to more "normal" price levels, but overall I think folks should be willing to pay more up front if they are going to save time and money (from not having to fill up on gas regularly). Who knows what that premium would be, but based on my experiences with the Prius, Toyota is charging a pretty hefty premium on what would normally be considered a pretty crappy economy car.  :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: MX793 on January 14, 2015, 02:41:38 PM
No kidding, but is it too much to ask for the exterior to be styled like a $40K car rather than a cheap econobox?

NomisR

Quote from: mzziaz on January 13, 2015, 11:19:06 PM
+1. I hope they make an Opel version of it.

This is what they should've made the Volt look like.. the Opel/Vauxhaul Ampera looks so much better than the Volt

NomisR

All black interior looks better..

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on January 14, 2015, 03:06:11 PM
No kidding, but is it too much to ask for the exterior to be styled like a $40K car rather than a cheap econobox?
Are there other FWD $40K cars that look like a million bucks? A3, CLA, to a lesser degree the TLX dont look super expensive. To be fair neither does a base F30. In any case complaining about the exterior misses the point. Its really more like a 30K car compared to a typical 40K car if you can run on electric only.

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 14, 2015, 06:43:01 PM
Are there other FWD $40K cars that look like a million bucks? A3, CLA, to a lesser degree the TLX dont look super expensive. To be fair neither does a base F30. In any case complaining about the exterior misses the point. Its really more like a 30K car compared to a typical 40K car if you can run on electric only.
This thing is in the same price range as base 3 series, C class, and A4. Yes, those cars have exteriors that look more upscale.  Stop being so obtuse.

2o6

The price is 40k, but its not a luxury car. The technology drives the price up so high.

SVT666

You're totally missing the point.  The new styling is generic econobox. I don't care what drives the price up, if it costs 40 large, it should look 40 large.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: SVT666 on January 14, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
You're totally missing the point.  The new styling is generic econobox. I don't care what drives the price up, if it costs 40 large, it should look 40 large.

Clearly you are not the target demographic.  :lol:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on January 14, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
You're totally missing the point. 
:wtf: No, you are missing the point. People who buy this don't care about having a car that looks like it costs $40K. And even if it did you would find some other reason not to want it.

Plus when it's all said and done this thing will have total ownership costs closer to a $30 or maybe even $25K car depending on what gas prices rebound to and how power is available to you. My wife works for a power company that offers free parking and charging for EVs so for us this would pretty much be a $25-30K car no problem.

Not to mention the 3 and A4 look boring as shit. And saying the C class is in this price range is a stretch. It starts at 40K.

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 15, 2015, 06:33:42 AM
:wtf: No, you are missing the point. People who buy this don't care about having a car that looks like it costs $40K.

Sort of hard to use the "people who buy this" argument when that amount of people is next to nothing in the mainstream sedan market...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 15, 2015, 06:33:42 AM
:wtf: No, you are missing the point. People who buy this don't care about having a car that looks like it costs $40K. And even if it did you would find some other reason not to want it.
It's a CHevy and will likely have 15 recalls unless it kills me first.  Actually, I really dig the idea of the Volt for an everyday family car, but I don't want my $40K car to look like a car half the price.  Kia and Hyundai make cars that look more expensive than this car.

QuotePlus when it's all said and done this thing will have total ownership costs closer to a $30 or maybe even $25K car depending on what gas prices rebound to and how power is available to you. My wife works for a power company that offers free parking and charging for EVs so for us this would pretty much be a $25-30K car no problem.
That's Tesla math.

QuoteNot to mention the 3 and A4 look boring as shit. And saying the C class is in this price range is a stretch. It starts at 40K.
I think the 3 is a really sharp looking car.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on January 15, 2015, 08:42:45 AM
Sort of hard to use the "people who buy this" argument when that amount of people is next to nothing in the mainstream sedan market...
These people do exist though. They buy Priuses, VW TDIs and other hybrids/PHEVs/EVs/alternative fuel vehicles to make that market sustainable

Lets not entertain or imply the red herring that anything that doesn't hit top 10 sales volumes is a failure. The last Volt was moving 25K/yr despite being a materially worse car than this one, and it was not far off in sales from the likes of the CLA (27K last year in the USA), A3 (22K last year), ILX (17K), S60 (20K) etc. etc. Those, not the 3, A4, etc which will probably need to cost at least 50K to be equally equipped, are its real competitors.

Quote from: SVT666 on January 15, 2015, 10:11:58 AM
It's a CHevy and will likely have 15 recalls unless it kills me first.  Actually, I really dig the idea of the Volt for an everyday family car, but I don't want my $40K car to look like a car half the price.  Kia and Hyundai make cars that look more expensive than this car.
That's Tesla math.
I think the 3 is a really sharp looking car.
Seems difficult for you to understand but the concept of someone not needing to make a statement of conspicuous consumption with their auto purchases. A $40K Accord Hybrid looks like a $25K Accord with more accoutrements. Not to mention size and expense have always gone hand in hand and this car's purpose inherently limits its size. If u want to fool people u dont know into thinking u have a lot of money u can buy a new Genesis for the same money, or roll the dice on a W221 S-Class. But again u miss the point- who is cross shopping cars like those with new Volts?  :hmm:

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 15, 2015, 10:34:27 AM
These people do exist though. They buy Priuses, VW TDIs and other hybrids/PHEVs/EVs/alternative fuel vehicles to make that market sustainable

Lets not entertain or imply the red herring that anything that doesn't hit top 10 sales volumes is a failure. The last Volt was moving 25K/yr despite being a materially worse car than this one, and it was not far off in sales from the likes of the CLA (27K last year in the USA), A3 (22K last year), ILX (17K), S60 (20K) etc. etc. Those, not the 3, A4, etc which will probably need to cost at least 50K to be equally equipped, are its real competitors.
Seems difficult for you to understand but the concept of someone not needing to make a statement of conspicuous consumption with their auto purchases. A $40K Accord Hybrid looks like a $25K Accord with more accoutrements. Not to mention size and expense have always gone hand in hand and this car's purpose inherently limits its size. If u want to fool people u dont know into thinking u have a lot of money u can buy a new Genesis for the same money, or roll the dice on a W221 S-Class. But again u miss the point- who is cross shopping cars like those with new Volts?  :hmm:
The point keeps flying right over your head. 

12,000 RPM

Wat, that you completely misunderstand the Volt because of its MSRP? No I am getting that perfectly.

Your point is kind of like saying a Chevy 3500HD is stupid because it doesnt look as expensive as a 3 series. IOW not really a point at all.

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 15, 2015, 11:00:17 AM
Wat, that you completely misunderstand the Volt because of its MSRP? No I am getting that perfectly.

Your point is kind of like saying a Chevy 3500HD is stupid because it doesnt look as expensive as a 3 series. IOW not really a point at all.
A Chevy 3500 HD DOES look as expensive as a 3 series.