ALFA GIULIA SPY PICS

Started by Yawn, June 23, 2015, 11:55:42 AM

12,000 RPM

Looks good. Maybe I'm projecting, but it might be the best looking entry in the segment, from what I can glean.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT666

If they didn't fuck up the front, this is going to be gorgeous.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: SVT666 on June 23, 2015, 12:08:53 PM
If they didn't fuck up the front, this is going to be gorgeous.

Alfas usually are. Let´s hope is competitive on everything else.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

At first glance it could pass for a Mazda 6 sedan, especially in that first shot (not a bad thing). Looks good.

And it "looks" RWD. Didn't Alfa say it was bringing back a whole lineup of RWD cars?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Yawn

Do you think the front will be similar to the 159?

Payman

Alfa's front end experiments have been hit and miss. Much anticipation to see the front of this one, as it'll likely dictate the language for the NA line-up.

12,000 RPM

I am going to pin all my hopes and dreams on this oen. FCA literally cant afford to fuck this one up. Has to be perfect top to bottom. Rumor has it there will be a V6TT option, which is OK here as Alfa has next to no history with V8s... HEMI would make no sense... Ferrari/Maserati NA V8 is getting phased out and their V8TT would be mondo overkill

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 23, 2015, 01:41:27 PM
I am going to pin all my hopes and dreams on this oen. FCA literally cant afford to fuck this one up. Has to be perfect top to bottom. Rumor has it there will be a V6TT option, which is OK here as Alfa has next to no history with V8s... HEMI would make no sense... Ferrari/Maserati NA V8 is getting phased out and their V8TT would be mondo overkill

Pinning hopes and dreams on anything Italian is not the best strategy (except Ferrari).

I do hope it turns out well.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

AltinD

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 23, 2015, 12:27:16 PM
And it "looks" RWD. Didn't Alfa say it was bringing back a whole lineup of RWD cars?

Yes, it's a RWD platform

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

12,000 RPM

Looks like a RWD TLX with the Charger's side and an Alfa nose

Not sure how I feel about this one.

Yawn

The reveal is tonight in Italy. We will have the pics in a few hours then..

2o6

AutobahnSHO

back looks like an Optima or whatnot.
Will

MrH

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2015, 09:12:01 AM
Dead on arrival.

+1, sadly.  I want this thing to be great, but I just know it won't be.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Payman

I like it... not love, but like. The interior is fantastic, with 60s style gauge cluster in a modern setting. The 510 hp Ferrari tuned 3.0 V6 will surely make it a compelling choice over an M3 or Caddy CTS-V. It's going to be great to have Alfa back, and there's nothing wrong with more choices in the marketplace.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2015, 09:12:01 AM
Dead on arrival.
I feel like its early to say that... need to know the pricing and all that fun stuff.

I think a foray into this segment at this stage in the game is a default mistake, but I think this has more going for it than the ATS/XE.

Why do you feel it is DOA? Im genuinely interested, your opinions are almost always well thought out.

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2015, 11:15:29 AM
I feel like its early to say that... need to know the pricing and all that fun stuff.

I think a foray into this segment at this stage in the game is a default mistake, but I think this has more going for it than the ATS/XE.

Why do you feel it is DOA? Im genuinely interested, your opinions are almost always well thought out.

- It's fugly

- if it's using the Multiair engines as base engines, they can't hold a candle to the 320 or any VAG power plant in regards to usability and refinement

- it's fugly

- it's less unique than the ATS or XE

- Chrysler has bad quality, Fiat has worse

- poor dealer network

The old 159 would have been an easier sell; a sort of Italian Audi, and it being FWD based would have been easier to make. And the 159 was significantly prettier than this car.

This car has a new platform, and Fiat's got to somehow convince people to not buy an F30 or A4 and take a chance on a ugly car with an unknown reputation.

2o6

at least GM has the leverage and other things to use the Alpha platform.

I can't see anyone buying this over an IS, 3 series, A4 or even an ATS or XE. This segment is a waste of time.

SVT666

There is something odd about the headlight design that makes the entire front end look a little strange.  Otherwise, it's beautiful.  If I ignore the headlights, it's the best looking car in it's class, by far.  Hopefully the nose looks better in person.

SJ_GTI

It looks good IMHO. Can't say much else at this point though.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2015, 11:27:11 AM

I can't see anyone buying this over an IS, 3 series, A4 or even an ATS or XE. This segment is a waste of time.

The fact that a lot of people clearly love how it looks is reason enough if it's even remotely competitive.

ifcar

But how will it look with a front plate, I wonder, either U.S. or European size?

I guess like this?

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on June 24, 2015, 12:08:38 PM
But how will it look with a front plate, I wonder, either U.S. or European size?

Is that a real image?  If so, yowza.  I want one. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

The weird shape of the headlights is already growing on me.  I hope it drives well.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza  on June 24, 2015, 12:25:25 PM
Is that a real image?  If so, yowza.  I want one.

It is real.

Haven't seen any good interior shots yet...just stuff from people taking pictures from the outside (with the windows up).