Daylight Savings Time

Started by Eye of the Tiger, October 20, 2016, 08:36:17 PM

DST?

Keep DST. I don't even notice it because my digital clocks set themselves.
1 (8.3%)
Keep DST. I like resetting my clocks twice per year. I have to wind them anyway.
1 (8.3%)
Get rid of DST. It ruins my sleep pattern twice per year, and it does nothing to save daylight.
6 (50%)
Get rid of DST. I just hate everything.
2 (16.7%)
V6 Camcord
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Eye of the Tiger

I seriously have no idea why we have DST, but it pisses me off twice per year. If there is a single industry or religion that would like to throw their daily schedule off by an hour twice per year, then how about they change the numbers on their schedules, rather than changing time, itself?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Keep DST and never switch back
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 20, 2016, 08:46:51 PM
Keep DST and never switch back

Fine. I don't care, as long as time doesn't changem

Rupert

DST makes me happy in the summer and sad in the winter, or is it the opposite. Either way, keep that shit.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on October 20, 2016, 09:05:39 PM
DST makes me happy in the summer and sad in the winter, or is it the opposite. Either way, keep that shit.

Sense is not made. You don't even know.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on October 20, 2016, 09:35:30 PM
I just don't give a fuck.  :huh:

You should. You have to reset all three thousand of your analog watches.

Raza

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 20, 2016, 09:42:34 PM
You should. You have to reset all three thousand of your analog watches.

Really, it's only the digital and analog/digital ones I have to reset, and whatever mechanical watch I'm wearing that day. I don't have a winder anymore, so I let my mechanical watches run down when I'm not wearing them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on October 21, 2016, 05:15:57 AM
Really, it's only the digital and analog/digital ones I have to reset, and whatever mechanical watch I'm wearing that day. I don't have a winder anymore, so I let my mechanical watches run down when I'm not wearing them.

All of my watches are dead. I haven't worn a watch since I was a truck driver.
I let my Westclox Baby Ben run down on the weekends, fo shizzle.

Lebowski

They should leave it DST year round probably. Getting dark early sucks.

12,000 RPM

They need to get rid of it. Nobody farms anymore. My car has 50W xenon headlights and roads have street lights. It's OK
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 21, 2016, 06:06:05 AM
They need to get rid of it. Nobody farms anymore. My car has 50W xenon headlights and roads have street lights. It's OK

DST wasn't created for farmers.  Farmers don't work a standard shift.  They have always tailored their working hours to the available daylight and the agriculture industry generally opposes DST.  It was created to serve those in more industrious trades, working standard "9-5s".  The practice is most beneficial to retailers and the tourism sector.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rupert

Quote from: Lebowski on October 21, 2016, 05:52:28 AM
They should leave it DST year round probably. Getting dark early sucks.

Getting light at 9 am is unacceptable.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Don't forget to change your fucking clocks.

Rupert

What about my regular clocks?

/dad joke

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

shp4man

Eye of the Tiger

Dammit, it's 2:00 again. Bullshit.

Morris Minor

Daylight saving kills people.  Be careful on the roads next week as people get used to it.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

This is what the time change does to people. I went to Walfart today to get some damn groceries, like an idiot. I hate that place, but anyway. As I'm about to leave the self-checkout, there a guy blocking the only exit with his cart right in the middle. I say "excuse me" like a normal person. He turns around looks me straight in the eye, then turns back around and just stands there without moving an inch. After waiting a few more seconds, I take my cart and slam it through the gap, shoving his to the side. Fuck DST.

Eye of the Tiger

I just went out to get a sammich, not a 15 minute drive, and passed THREE cars with no lights.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 06, 2016, 05:06:37 PM
I just went out to get a sammich, not a 15 minute drive, and passed THREE cars with no lights.

Dude I flashed my lights at two people the other day. Neither of them got the hint. 

I also saw some lady pull onto the highway with nothing but her parking lights on.

Fuckers like that deserve tickets.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 07, 2016, 10:40:15 AM
Dude I flashed my lights at two people the other day. Neither of them got the hint. 

I also saw some lady pull onto the highway with nothing but her parking lights on.

Assfucks.
However, I was kind of happy that I had a good excuse to lay on my Hella Supertones. WAAANNNNNNK!!!!!!

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 07, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
Assfucks.
However, I was kind of happy that I had a good excuse to lay on my Hella Supertones. WAAANNNNNNK!!!!!!

My horn doesn't work.  I have an air horn in my door pocket for drastic situations.

Though today I'm driving my mom's car cause I'm cleaning it for her.  Some dumbass lady in front of me couldn't drive and talk at the same time. She was all over the place and then decided "I'm gonna stop here to talk on my phone" so I had to stab the brakes. Mom's horn works just fine.  I tested it for a solid 5 seconds.

giant_mtb

Sunset today?   5:24pm.

IOW, it's darkening by 4:30. 

I could even drive half an hour and make it even worse by crossing time zones to 3:30 land.

Rupert

I've been using my super bright driving lights on my way home from work this week. They're very useful.

Rupert

You know, I think coming off DST fucks with my sleep all winter. I can go to bed at a pretty reasonable hour all summer, but around this time of year I start staying up way too late and never getting enough sleep. This year I noticed that so far it's corresponding exactly with the DST switch.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on November 10, 2016, 01:26:04 AM
You know, I think coming off DST fucks with my sleep all winter. I can go to bed at a pretty reasonable hour all summer, but around this time of year I start staying up way too late and never getting enough sleep. This year I noticed that so far it's corresponding exactly with the DST switch.

.........same.  3:40am...why am I up.

I guess I did nap for a couple hours earlier, but shit.  I'm a night-owl in general, but it's usually worse in the winter.  Doesn't help that I don't work much.

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 07, 2016, 10:40:15 AM

I saw a lady driving an Outback today with no rear lights. At first I thought she just forgot to turn her lights on, but I could clearly see light in front of her car, so I pulled up next to her at the next light to tell her that both of her rear lights were out.

Of course, she just had DRLs (which is what I saw) and had forgotten to turn on her real lights... :facepalm: