Camaro Concept Pic

Started by TBR, January 07, 2006, 02:00:23 PM

ifcar

Hmm, I hate it. Tiny headlights, pointy front end, Dakota-esque rear fender bulge.  

cozmik

It looks kind of Kappa based in those two new shots. The porportions at least look very similar to the Solstice/Sky. Could make sense though, Kappa is a small inexpensive RWD platform, make it a little larger and we know people other than GM has made a V8 fit, so it could be a Kappa based concept.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

GMPenguin

QuoteI think 95% of it looks great, but is anyone bothered by the pointed front end, the skinny side mirrors and the lack of door handles.  I'm sure there's a way to open the doors, but I don't see it.  Just small complaints, the rest looks really good.
Ditto.

I liked this much better. :wub:

By the way, here's more info with interior:

http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_...camaro_concept/

Run Away

ciciusss

QuoteHmm, I hate it. Tiny headlights, pointy front end, Dakota-esque rear fender bulge.
This coming from a person who has a minivan and a Scion xB, which already is being marked with the Aztec and Element as the modern day equivalents of the VW Thing and AMC Pacer to name a couple of car design tragedies from the past. :P  

Catman

I think the pointy front end looks awesome. B)  

ciciusss

QuoteI think it looks terrible, honestly.? I think I might even like the Challenger more than this.

But, it might just be the color.? At the very least, the Mustang is much better looking.
Perhaps it is a bit overstyled, but remember it's just a concept car.

The Mustang is a lot more slab-sided and tall than this car, I like it much better.

I'm guessing you don't like the 1969 model, so you don't "get it". Unlike the Challenger, this actually improves the proportions of the original car.

Pretty much like most of the Camaro concept and like a couple of people have already said I too am kind of ambivalent about the back end. On the other hand, that first generation Camaro is just absolutely awesome. :rockon:  

footoflead

WOW, that is amazing in that color...i would buy that

Chevy needs to have something to compete with the mustang, the GTO is a mustang slayer but they are two cars that dont belong racing together

I love that color,  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :wub:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

ifcar

QuoteHmm, I hate it. Tiny headlights, pointy front end, Dakota-esque rear fender bulge.
This coming from a person who has a minivan and a Scion xB, which already is being marked with the Aztec and Element as the modern day equivalents of the VW Thing and AMC Pacer to name a couple of car design tragedies from the past. :P
I don't have an xB.

But that vehicle isn't about style anyway. It's ugly because that's the most useful shape. GM had to go out of its way to make the Camaro ugly.

Catman

I don't have an xB.

But that vehicle isn't about style anyway. It's ugly because that's the most useful shape. GM had to go out of its way to make the Camaro ugly.
I suspect you're in the minority on this one IF.  I have the family gathering going on here right now and everyone's drooling over it.  I think it'll be a homerun.

ifcar

I never said it wouldn't be popular, I could tell that by essentially everyone else's responses.

I just can't stand it myself.  

Raza

QuoteI think it looks terrible, honestly.  I think I might even like the Challenger more than this.

But, it might just be the color.  At the very least, the Mustang is much better looking.
Perhaps it is a bit overstyled, but remember it's just a concept car.

The Mustang is a lot more slab-sided and tall than this car, I like it much better.

I'm guessing you don't like the 1969 model, so you don't "get it". Unlike the Challenger, this actually improves the proportions of the original car.

See, that's the thing.  I love the 69 Camaro, I just don't dig this one that much.  Seems overstyled to me.  But then I see it in silver, and I like it better.  Seems it was mostly the color.  The more I see it, the better it looks though.

Hey, I had the same reaction to the new Mustang.  I hated it at first, and love it now.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

Why do people keep saying "1969 Camaro", basically the same thing as the 1967 and 1968....

Raza

Probably because 1969 was the first year for the SS.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

It needs either a blacked out or a mesh grille.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Lebowski

I think the Big 3 have beat the retro idea to death.

For a retro car, it looks pretty good, but I'm getting sick of all the retro designs.  

footoflead

QuoteI think the Big 3 have beat the retro idea to death.

For a retro car, it looks pretty good, but I'm getting sick of all the retro designs.
AMEN :clap:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

SVT666

I can't believe I'm going to say this (I love Mustangs obviously), but that's a sweet ass SHOW car.  It's a little OVERstyled for production though.  If that were at the dealership I wouldn't buy it because of how overstyled it is.  However, I really like the pointy front end.  Smooth it out a bit and I would be hard pressed to decide between the Mustang, Challenger, and the Camaro.  And it really hurt me to say that.  

I hear there is a minor facelift coming for the Mustang in 2008 that is going to make it look more agressive.  

thewizard16

I like the body shape, it looks very nice, but I really don't like the front. The whole headlights beneath a overhang hood and strange little recessed grille doesn't work for me at all. I like it better than the Challenger concept (which I really do hate) but it's not something I'd want.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

L. ed foote

I'd rather this

With hidden headlights, of course
Member, Self Preservation Society

Raza

The more I see it, the more I like it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteI'd rather this

Attatch that front end to the actual concept, and it wouldn't look half bad.  B)  

Tom

TBR

QuoteI'd rather this

No thanks, that is just your stereotypical British GT car (TVR, Marcos, etc) with an older Camaro headlights and grill, it looks horrid.  

footoflead

QuoteI'd rather this

No thanks, that is just your stereotypical British GT car (TVR, Marcos, etc) with an older Camaro headlights and grill, it looks horrid.
Agreed, it looks like the british stole the Camaro and ass raped it...not a pretty site

HEMI666 is right, i would like to see something closer to what it will look like in production

but so far i'm liking the concept more and more :clap:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

VetteZ06

It looks gorgeous, especially in silver.

It'll never replace the Corvette as my favorite car, but it's awesome to see that the General still cares about the Camaro. Always loved that car.  :praise:  

footoflead

QuoteIt looks gorgeous, especially in silver.

It'll never replace the Corvette as my favorite car, but it's awesome to see that the General still cares about the Camaro. Always loved that car.  :praise:
:rockon:

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Catman