Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Damn that thing is badass. I think I'd almost take it over a non Z06 C6.

The staggered wheel size isn't so cool though. Wheels are too big in general I think.

giant_mtb

Looks like ahead-of-hood visibility will be a pain.

so cal cookie

I think the industry has beat retro to the point of absudity now, but that actually isn't bad.   B)
It definitly looks like past Camaros, but somehow looks modern and futuristic at the same time, something that can't be said of the Challenger and Mustang.

wjw

Looks great.

Hopefully the Camaro will make its return soon  B)  

BMWDave

This just in:

SOURCES: Chevy Camaro Will Go Into Production By 2009 After Hugely Successful Concept Debut
Date posted: 01-09-2006

DETROIT ? The Camaro is back?if only in concept form. But it may be in your driveway by 2009.

General Motors scored a major hit with the world's automotive press on Monday, unveiling a stunning reborn version of the classic Chevy Camaro nameplate, but this time with 400 horsepower, 30 miles per gallon on the highway and ? most famously ? a totally new look.

Camaro loyalists should be even more pleased to hear, according to unofficial word from GM suppliers, that the company plans to revive production of the Camaro in early 2009. GM reportedly plans to build a version of the car on the so-called Zeta Lite platform, which itself is an evolution of the rear-drive Pontiac GTO chassis and should easily accommodate the small-block V8.

GM says the Camaro concept pays homage to the original 1967 Camaro with nods to aircraft like the YF-22 to make it "instantly recognizable as an all-new car."

Officials said the design features a long hood, short deck and wide stance to present a performance appearance, backed up by a 400-hp aluminum small-block V8. Surprisingly, this beast will also offer great mileage as GM's "Active Fuel Management" technology allows drivers to operate with only four of the eight cylinders during highway cruising. This technology is currently featured on GM's Chevy Impala sedan and several 2006 sport-utilities and trucks.

The unveiling was a story in itself as a local marching band led the way for a parade of classic Camaros that snaked through a massive crowd of journalists who lined up early for a good seat.

What this means to you: If you like pony cars, likely a whole lot. The muscle car is back.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI'm really likeing the interior
Overall it looks pretty nice, but the gauges are HORRIBLE.

As for the production news: YES!!!! I might own one of these things in a few years :rockon:.

I think a new sig is in order!

mazda6er

For some reason, I think I would feel silly driving one of these.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT666

You know...the more I look at it, the less I like it.  Earlier I stated that I would have a hard time choosing between the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, but now it's back down to the Mustang and Challenger.

ichi_ban1

I'm not really a Chevy guy, but that looks pretty damn cool

Wake up and Drive an EVO

BRealistic

QuoteThis just in:

SOURCES: Chevy Camaro Will Go Into Production By 2009 After Hugely Successful Concept Debut

DETROIT ? The Camaro is back?if only in concept form. But it may be in your driveway by 2009.

General Motors scored a major hit with the world's automotive press on Monday, unveiling a stunning reborn version of the classic Chevy Camaro nameplate, but this time with 400 horsepower, 30 miles per gallon on the highway and ? most famously ? a totally new look.

Huh? Who wrote that garbage?

Anyways- interesting. It is definitely aggressive. Maybve a bit too aggressive- GM may be over reacting to the reaction of the under styled GTO.

Hmm. I see it as a squashed 69 Camaro, but with high flanks. Hmm. I am curious what a production version with the correct headroom and outward vision would look like.

footoflead

QuoteI'm really likeing the interior
Overall it looks pretty nice, but the gauges are HORRIBLE.

As for the production news: YES!!!! I might own one of these things in a few years :rockon:.

I think a new sig is in order!
Yeah, i didnt notice it at first but they are terrible,

hopefully that will under go some changes before production :crossfingers:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

They'd reflect quite a bit, wouldn't they?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

It's retro.

That's exactly the gauge setup of the '69 Camaro at work right now.
Form>Function on this car.

BMWDave

QuoteThis just in:

Huh? Who wrote that garbage?

Anyways- interesting. It is definitely aggressive. Maybve a bit too aggressive- GM may be over reacting to the reaction of the under styled GTO.

Hmm. I see it as a squashed 69 Camaro, but with high flanks. Hmm. I am curious what a production version with the correct headroom and outward vision would look like.
Edmunds :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

I retract my previous statement. This thing is too boxy and too retro.

These retro-mobiles certainly take away from

I'll take the GTO over this anyday. I shudder to think how overdone the GTO look when it gets re-done.

Well, I guess Billy Bob wants the new Camaro to look like the one sitting in his backyard on cement blocks. :lol: