Camaro Concept Pic

Started by TBR, January 07, 2006, 02:00:23 PM

TBR

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...4&page_number=1

Supposedly there is a video there as well, though I can't seem to find it :(. But, the picture is AWESOME, this is about the only GM product that I can actually see myself driving and buying. :)

280Z Turbo

Makes the Challenger look like a turd.

It blends cues from every Camaro gen while making something new and original. It draws heavily from the 1969 model, but they didn't try to make it a carbon copy like Dodge did with their hideous Challenger.

The biggest advantage with this over the Challenger is the low slung proportions and sharp edges.

Catman

That's perfect retro right there. B)  

jadewolf123

What a great looking vehicle, I think the retro touches are done better than in the Mustang, and definetely better than the Challenger. :rockon:  :rockon:  
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Catman

It's retro but I definately appreciate some of the edge to the body.  It's not all swoopy like the Challenger.

Raza

I think it looks terrible, honestly.  I think I might even like the Challenger more than this.

But, it might just be the color.  At the very least, the Mustang is much better looking.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Hehe, R&T took the article down.  Looks like they jumped the gun.  If the pic disappears I copied it. ;)  

footoflead

QuoteHehe, R&T took the article down.  Looks like they jumped the gun.  If the pic disappears I copied it. ;)
Hehe... :thumbsup:  :pullover:  :thumbsup:

I'm kinda neutral on it, dont love it or hate it yet, same thing on the mustang

stupid ford starting a f***king retro revolution  :rolleyes:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

I wouldn't say Ford started it...
New Beetle was first I beleive....
Then came the T-bird.

At leats they're doing some real performance cars retro, not pansy cars.

280Z Turbo

QuoteHehe, R&T took the article down.? Looks like they jumped the gun.? If the pic disappears I copied it. ;)
Hehe... :thumbsup:  :pullover:  :thumbsup:

I'm kinda neutral on it, dont love it or hate it yet, same thing on the mustang

stupid ford starting a f***king retro revolution  :rolleyes:
I'd say that it was Chrysler with the Prowler in 1997 and then the PT Cruiser in 2001.

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

I think I like it.  :ph34r:  

cozmik

I like it, kind of. I could do without the pointiness of the front and the hood. Otherwise it doesn't look too bad on the outside. I definitely prefer it to the Mustang and the Challenger. I'm interested to see the interior of the concept though (and more importantly, what the real one is, should it be created). The Mustang falls flat on it's face with the interior.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Tom

I think 95% of it looks great, but is anyone bothered by the pointed front end, the skinny side mirrors and the lack of door handles.  I'm sure there's a way to open the doors, but I don't see it.  Just small complaints, the rest looks really good.

giant_mtb

QuoteI think 95% of it looks great, but is anyone bothered by the pointed front end, the skinny side mirrors and the lack of door handles.  I'm sure there's a way to open the doors, but I don't see it.  Just small complaints, the rest looks really good.
Little silver strips where the handles usually are are probalby the door handles on this car as well.  ;)  

Run Away

I don't like the little vent in front of the cowl hood...
Car is cool though.

Personally I like the mirrors.

Catman

The mirrors and door handles are obviously show items for the concept.  I like the pointy front, it's unique. B)  

280Z Turbo

QuoteI think it looks terrible, honestly.  I think I might even like the Challenger more than this.

But, it might just be the color.  At the very least, the Mustang is much better looking.
Perhaps it is a bit overstyled, but remember it's just a concept car.

The Mustang is a lot more slab-sided and tall than this car, I like it much better.

I'm guessing you don't like the 1969 model, so you don't "get it". Unlike the Challenger, this actually improves the proportions of the original car.

Catman

Look at the 69 there, this new one looks like the perfect retro. B)  

Tom

QuoteI think 95% of it looks great, but is anyone bothered by the pointed front end, the skinny side mirrors and the lack of door handles.  I'm sure there's a way to open the doors, but I don't see it.  Just small complaints, the rest looks really good.
Little silver strips where the handles usually are are probalby the door handles on this car as well.  ;)
I thought that was a glare or something, since something bright is shining on the car.  I don't know, looked too skinny to be door handles and the silver doesn't match.

cozmik

I guess the reason why I like this concept better than the Mustang and Challenger is that it still manages to look very modern, even if it is drawing some cues from the past. The Challenger is by far the most retro of the 3, the Mustang sit somewhere in the middle, and this concept here is the most modern looking design of the bunch.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

so cal cookie

Not too bad.  
Final production version cleaned up a little bit would be really nice. And this is about the perfect retro kind of look.

giant_mtb

QuoteI think 95% of it looks great, but is anyone bothered by the pointed front end, the skinny side mirrors and the lack of door handles.  I'm sure there's a way to open the doors, but I don't see it.  Just small complaints, the rest looks really good.
I thought that was a glare or something, since something bright is shining on the car.  I don't know, looked too skinny to be door handles and the silver doesn't match.
Don't worry, I thought they were a bit odd as well.   :banghead:  

93JC

I p00p on this concept. Ugly. Uglier than As ugly as Challenger.

Mustang > Challenger > Camaro competition

(edited)

Colonel Cadillac

They need to fix up the rear, which I bet can be pretty simple. Besides for the rear, I really like it :D  

giant_mtb

Looks too much like the Vette in that pose, as does the entire rear.

TBR

I agree, the rear is too rounded. Give it some straight lines and it will be fine.  

Shane

The new Camaro is sensational.  I like the rear especially and it's nod to it's big brother the 'Vette.  It's thoroughly modern, makes the Mustang look old fashioned.  

Rupert

I like the GTO more every time I see a car like this. Let the poor Camaro RIP.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA