6 Points!!!

Started by cozmik, January 27, 2006, 12:53:23 PM

sparkplug

QuoteI got the call today. No job. They didn't say anything about the points, it was that I had 3 tickets period. Said they wanted to hire me but can't until May when the one ticket drops off my record due to how their insurance works with sales people.  :banghead:
Wow - sorry to hear that :(
And I'm even sorrier than he is.

But look on the bright side. You probably find a job before me.

Raza

Sorry, Matt.  Do you want me and Shovel to pay them a visit?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

That's retarded.  I've never heard of someone not getting a job because of routine speeding tickets.

That sucks man.

dazzleman

QuoteThat's retarded.  I've never heard of someone not getting a job because of routine speeding tickets.

That sucks man.
I agree.  It's completely absurd, in my opinion.

I'm very sorry to hear it, Matt.  Best of luck as you continue your job search.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cozmik

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I am going to try not to get any more tickets and try again in May. The guy said he would hold onto my application till then.

And yes, get the shovel Raza!  :devil:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

J86

invest in a radar dectector!

Thats hard knocks, sorry to hear it dude.

cozmik

Quoteinvest in a radar dectector!

First ticket I didn't have it cause it was a test drive, second ticket was in VA and you can't use them, 3rd ticket was in PA, and only the staties can have radar, so the local used a stop watch.  :rolleyes:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

dazzleman

Quoteinvest in a radar dectector!

First ticket I didn't have it cause it was a test drive, second ticket was in VA and you can't use them, 3rd ticket was in PA, and only the staties can have radar, so the local used a stop watch.  :rolleyes:
Matt, what state is your license in?

I can't believe tickets from several different states showed up on your driving record.

How fast were you going when you got each of these tickets?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

mazda6er

Well it sounds like you're highly qualified since they wanted to hire you anyway but couldn't because of their policy. I bet you'll find something even better before May rolls around anyhow, and if not you've got your ace in the hole, so to speak.  :wave: :praise:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TurboDan

QuoteMatt, what state is your license in?

I can't believe tickets from several different states showed up on your driving record.

How fast were you going when you got each of these tickets?
His license is in Delaware.  I can't believe all those tickets showed up either.  NYS doesn't let any other state show up on your record - only Quebec.

cozmik

Here is the record (with my address and things of that nature removed of course):

Tom

You should get a commercial driver's liscense.  I hope to get one someday along with a motorcycle liscense.  Boo ya.  And a liscense to kill.

93JC

Liscense?

License or licence my friend.

SaltyDog

They spell it that way in the Great States ;)  

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

giant_mtb

Hello Matt White of age 20 with blue eyes that is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.  :devil:

I think I might attempt an identity theft here!  :ph34r:  :D  

TBR

QuoteThey spell it that way in the Great States ;)
They do?!? I have always spelled it License, as does the Texas DMV  

mazda6er

You're only 20 Matt? Why did I think you were like 28? <_<
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

dazzleman

QuoteHere is the record (with my address and things of that nature removed of course):

Dude, I can't believe they're still holding that 2003 ticket against you.  That's a pretty old one, but I guess it will stay there until it's 3 years old.

It sucks that tickets from all those neighboring states show up on your license.  As Dan said, NY State doesn't put out-of-state tickets on your driving record.  I never got an out-of-state ticket when I had my NY license, but some of the my friends got out-of-state tickets, and they were 'freebies.'

I didn't realize you were so young.  For some reason, I thought you were a little older.

cozmik

QuoteHello Matt White of age 20 with blue eyes that is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.  :devil:

I think I might attempt an identity theft here!  :ph34r:  :D
I'm actually 6'2 and 180 lbs (now), just so that you're more up to date on things. Don't want you to fail or anything.  :P  

dazzleman

QuoteHello Matt White of age 20 with blue eyes that is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.  :devil:

I think I might attempt an identity theft here!  :ph34r:  :D
I'm actually 6'2 and 180 lbs (now), just so that you're more up to date on things. Don't want you to fail or anything.  :P
What happened to the address and license number?

How do you expect me to get anywhere stealing your identity without that?  Going around claiming your tickets as my own sure isn't going to get me access to credit under your name.  You need to give me more than that, man.  :lol:  

SaltyDog

QuoteThey spell it that way in the Great States ;)
They do?!? I have always spelled it License, as does the Texas DMV
Just joking...I suppose it is spelled "license" if everyone says so.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

cozmik

QuoteHello Matt White of age 20 with blue eyes that is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.? :devil:

I think I might attempt an identity theft here!? :ph34r:? :D

How do you expect me to get anywhere stealing your identity without that?  Going around claiming your tickets as my own sure isn't going to get me access to credit under your name.  You need to give me more than that, man.  :lol:
C'mon now, what you really need is my social security number.

I'll let you guys guess!

Here's a hint: the first number is a number between 0 and 9. Same with the second and third number.  :devil:  

the nameless one

QuoteHere is the record (with my address and things of that nature removed of course):

Dude, I can't believe they're still holding that 2003 ticket against you.  That's a pretty old one, but I guess it will stay there until it's 3 years old.

It sucks that tickets from all those neighboring states show up on your license.  As Dan said, NY State doesn't put out-of-state tickets on your driving record.  I never got an out-of-state ticket when I had my NY license, but some of the my friends got out-of-state tickets, and they were 'freebies.'

I didn't realize you were so young.  For some reason, I thought you were a little older.
I'd be removing a  bit more info than that if I were you. It doesn't take much info for identity theft to become an issue.
*Post consists of personal opinion only and does not constitute information released in an official capacity*

*   Heeyyyyyyyyyy did YOU know that you have NO First Amendment right to discuss ANYTHING even remotely related to your workplace? I didn't! I do now! Aint freedom grand? What is the point of a work-related internet forum if you can't legally DISCUSS anything work related? Maybe we can exchange baking recipes. What fun! *

* Don't look behind the curtain; don't dig too deep or ask too many questions; don't seek to expand your knowledge of how things REALLY work; "they" only want you to hear "their" official version of reality*

*"They " can be anyone. Take your pick. I know who MY "they" is. Who is yours?*

cozmik

I'd be removing a  bit more info than that if I were you. It doesn't take much info for identity theft to become an issue.
I removed all reference numbers from the documents. My birthdate is on the forums even, my height and weight are incorrect, and most people know my name anyways. My city and zipcode aren't even listed, and the number of Matthew Whites in my state are many, so I'm not really too concerned.

dazzleman

QuoteI removed all reference numbers from the documents. My birthdate is on the forums even, my height and weight are incorrect, and most people know my name anyways. My city and zipcode aren't even listed, and the number of Matthew Whites in my state are many, so I'm not really too concerned.
Hey man, I just got a license under the name Matthew White, and I've already racked up 2 tickets under that name.   :lol:   This will be great for my driving record... :P  

cozmik

QuoteI removed all reference numbers from the documents. My birthdate is on the forums even, my height and weight are incorrect, and most people know my name anyways. My city and zipcode aren't even listed, and the number of Matthew Whites in my state are many, so I'm not really too concerned.
Hey man, I just got a license under the name Matthew White, and I've already racked up 2 tickets under that name.   :lol:   This will be great for my driving record... :P
:angry:  :lol:  :P  

ifcar

QuoteHello Matt White of age 20 with blue eyes that is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.  :devil:

I think I might attempt an identity theft here!  :ph34r:  :D

C'mon now, what you really need is my social security number.

I'll let you guys guess!

Here's a hint: the first number is a number between 0 and 9. Same with the second and third number.  :devil:
220 35 7924?

It has to be close, it matches the hint.  :ph34r:  

dazzleman

I got a solicitation from an auto insurance company inviting me to get an online quote from their website.

I decided to play with it a little bit, in order to find out how much routine speeding tickets cost in additional premiums if they're on your record at the time the insurance is purchased.

I got 3 quotes for the same car and the same hypothetical male driver about 40 years old.  The first quote had no violations, the second quote had one ticket for 16-29 mph over the speed limit in the past 3 years, and the third quote had 2 tickets in the past 3 years for 16-29 mph over the speed limit.

The clean license guy was offered a rate of $536 every six months.  With one ticket, it increased to $702, and with two tickets, it went to $828 every six months.

Not as bad as I would have thought, actually.

dazzleman

Hey Matt, I just noticed that you actually got a ticket on your 18th birthday.  Hah, that's one heck of a birthday present, man.

My brother got a speeding ticket one time on his birthday also, so don't feel bad.  :lol:  

Raza

Daz, it was on his 18th birthday on a test drive.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.