Lexus ES

Started by Catman, January 29, 2006, 08:34:28 PM

TBR

Raza

Quotenah, i like the airbags and abs just fine.

Actually, i don't have ABS, are the brakes on the '96 dx in the rear disc or drum?  I've never replaced those...
The rear are definitely drum, since the 2002's rears were still drum.
I jumped into this thread, what kind of car are you talking about? By the DX extension I'm thinking Civic or Camry, perhaps?
I'm fairly sure we were talking about the Honda Civic.  When he said DX, I assumed Civic, and I was referencing my friend's 2002 Civic (the greatest handling car of all time, according to him, but he went from a 91 Regal to that, so I should forgive him  :rolleyes: ) when I said they still had rear drums.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

It is definitely an Accord.

thewizard16

Why the hell do all these different cars use the same trim extensions? Sure there are a limited number of letter combinations involving X (since they all love the letter X) but try something else!  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

Toyota moved away from "x", the only major brands that still use that designation consistently are Honda and Hyundai.

thewizard16

QuoteToyota moved away from "x", the only major brands that still use that designation consistently are Honda and Hyundai.
XLE, XLS, XL, XRS, XR... those are all being used right now.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

QuoteToyota moved away from "x", the only major brands that still use that designation consistently are Honda and Hyundai.
And Infiniti, and Lexus, and BMW.  

J86

My Accord, although the thread was originally about a Lex, I think.

ifcar

I forgot about the Toyotas, but they aren't used across the board. And the X in BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti is an AWD designation, not really a trim name.  

TBR

I forgot about the Toyotas, but they aren't used across the board. And the X in BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti is an AWD designation, not really a trim name.
What about the FX and QX, both are available with RWD.

giant_mtb

Don't forget Ford with the XLT lines of its Explorers, F-series, etc.  :thumbsup:  

TBR

They also use XL and XLS of course.

TBR

GMC also uses the XL designation.

ifcar

"XL" almost makes sense, as "Extended Length". X is commonly used for AWD, Infiniti also picked it up to differniate its alphanumerical cars from SUVs (there is no FX35 x).

Forgot Ford.  

TBR

Quote"XL" almost makes sense, as "Extended Length". X is commonly used for AWD, Infiniti also picked it up to differniate its alphanumerical cars from SUVs (there is no FX35 x).

Forgot Ford.
It all makes sense, but I am just pointing out that more than just Honda and Hyundai still use X based designations.

Jeep also uses it.

ifcar

Honda uses it most, except for the Ridgeline's "RT" I believe every Honda trim has an "X".

giant_mtb

So just about every major manufacturer uses X.  We got it.  :D