Lexus ES

Started by Catman, January 29, 2006, 08:34:28 PM

TBR

It is going to be bloated with a side of Bangle butt. There aren't many cars I hate more than the ES...

JYODER240

QuoteIt is going to be bloated with a side of Bangle butt. There aren't many cars I hate more than the ES...
At least you dont have to drive them.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ifcar

The front end seems to be a cross between an IS and an RL.  

cawimmer430

Looks good, although I was instantly reminded of an Audi A6 with a "smaller grille" and "triangular lights". Looks good though. FWD? Where's Raghaven to b*tch about this?  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Lebowski

Looks kinda VWish.

Raza

I know I've seen that headlamp somewhere else.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

All the salesmen where saying how amazing it looks and how much better it is going to be than the competition. I asked them how they can tell that much from a few pics that barely show anything. One guys was like, "Dude, its made by Toyota!" I swear they treat new models like they are the second coming of Christ :rolleyes:  

cozmik

From the little portions that it shows, it has potential. Lexus is definietly doing a fine job at bringing a common design theme to their line up. I believe that was the one thing the European automakers said was preventing Lexus from being a real luxury maker... well, there ya have it.  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

ifcar

Undisguised photos inside and out:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2006/01/lexus-es-2007.html

Odd dash, it reminds me a bit of the new Eclipse. :blink:

giant_mtb

QuoteUndisguised photos inside and out:

That is one weird dash.  The first word(s) that popped into my head when I saw that were *double take* "What the..."  :ph34r:  

JYODER240

Still too bland and Camry-like, but much better than the current gen.

SJ_GTI

QuoteUndisguised photos inside and out:

That is one weird dash.  The first word(s) that popped into my head when I saw that were *double take* "What the..."  :ph34r:
It looks okay. Honestly I was under the impression that the new ES would be a little more different from the Camry...this actually appears closer to the 2007 camry than the current ES/Camry pair...?

It should be good competition for the Buick Lucerne and Cadillac DTS, but really not my type of car and I doubt it will bring in new customers to Lexus.

thewizard16

Looks pretty nice, but it's far too similar to the Camry. I agree that it may be closer to the new camry than the current models are to each other (in exterior looks). The interior is... interesting, and I don't forsee that dash ever appealing to me.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

so cal cookie

That dash is interesting. :blink:

This does seem a lot like the Camry/ES have become closer.  Now they both ride on an updated version of the current platform right?  Because that side shot looks almost identical to the current one with the roof line.

Catman

The car looks good inside and out and much more cohesive than the current design.  If the price is still in the mid thirties I might look at one in a couple years for my wife.

Raza

Looks terrible, inside and out.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

I think i like the interior of the outgoing model better. Regardless these will be a cash cow for Lexus.

NomisR

Looks like a decent car for those looking for a upscale Camry but from my experience with the previous models, I hate them.  I've driven those long distance and after about 2 hours, I just want to hop out of the car at 90mph screaming because I can't stand sitting there.  I don't know why.. maybe it was just the isolation from the road.. I simply can't stand driving it.  Hopefully, the new one would be better but I have a feeling it'll be the same.

Catman

Check out the roof there, is that a glass roof I spy?  Something is going on there. :blink:  

CaseyNPham

1. I like the current interior better
2. The shape of this car really resembles past generations, not including the current model.
3. That interior is funky. I'd probably get used to it, although it's not TERRIBLE.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Catman

Guess I was right. :rockon:

JYODER240

I dont think I would like that roof very much. The inside would get way to hot in the summer.

Raza

QuoteGuess I was right. :rockon:

And I bet they're going to advertise it as if they were the first ones that made it up.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

^That or it somehow makes the car less poluting and better gas mileage :rolleyes:  

thewizard16

QuoteI dont think I would like that roof very much. The inside would get way to hot in the summer.
I'm sure it'll have a sunshade, I haven't been in a car with a moonroof that doesn't.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CaseyNPham

Wow, do you guys not like Lexus at all?
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

JYODER240

QuoteWow, do you guys not like Lexus at all?
IMO Lexus makes the best Luxury car if you dont care about performance, and want a car isolated from the road. If a car is a vehicle to get you from point A to point B a Lexus is probably the best car for you. However, we're enthusiasts here, we want cars more like BMW's that are both luxurious and sporty. We don't want to be isolated from the road and want a car more thats about balance, and fun to drive.

thewizard16

QuoteWow, do you guys not like Lexus at all?
IMO Lexus makes the best Luxury car if you dont care about performance, and want a car isolated from the road. If a car is a vehicle to get you from point A to point B a Lexus is probably the best car for you. However, we're enthusiasts here, we want cars more like BMW's that are both luxurious and sporty. We don't want to be isolated from the road and want a car more thats about balance, and fun to drive.
I like Lexus a lot, I think they make, overall, the highest quality, most high-tech, and reliable cars. Notice I included high-tech AND reliable in the same statement for those of you who love any toy that Mercedes releases that rarely works right for the first two years. However, I agree that they are certainly not the best luxury sport cars. I really like the new IS, for example, but I want it without it's limiting electronic toys. Lexus finally builds a car with some sporting ambition, and definite potential, and then tells the car not to use it's potential because it might upset the smoothness and such. That is dumb, and they should know better than to electronically limit virtually everything. Take those away, and I'd be very happy with that car, more so than a 3-series even, since that car isn't really appealing to me.  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

TurboDan

QuoteI think i like the interior of the outgoing model better. Regardless these will be a cash cow for Lexus.
Lexus has always had top-notch interiors.  I like the outer styling of this vehicle.  It will sell well for sure, but it's not sporty enough to pique my interest.  Mostly, it's an upgrade for people that have owned Camries for years and want something comparable but more luxurious.