8. Kia Forte
7. Nissan Altima
6. Dodge Charger (Hemi RWD)
5. Kia Rio
4. Chevrolet Spark
3. Hyundai Accent
2. Dodge Challenger (RWD)
1. Mitsubishi Mirage

I find it hilarious that the Altima, a relatively safe car, is in the top ten. Altima drivers are just trash. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

In addition to pickup trucks, tweaker jalopies and Tacomas/4Runners, Altimas are indeed an inexplicable mega favorite of abysmal drivers.

AutobahnSHO

I'm surprised the WRX isn't on there. I read they're continuously one of the most wrecked....
Will

veeman

I think sometimes Nissan has really good lease deals on Nissan Altimas.  Plus they look masculine.  So if someone wants a Charger but can't afford it, they may get a much more affordable Altima lease. 

Probably the same kind of customers who used to drive Mitsubishi Galants a decade or two ago.

Laconian

I think Motor Trend is being pedantic about what constitutes a car. None of these are trucks.

The RAM truck is definitely the number one killer of vehicles and people. The DUI rate of RAM drivers is about an order of magnitude worse than other marques.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on September 04, 2023, 04:05:38 PMI think Motor Trend is being pedantic about what constitutes a car. None of these are trucks.

The RAM truck is definitely the number one killer of vehicles and people. The DUI rate of RAM drivers is about an order of magnitude worse than other marques.

Probably, but truck is not car. :lol:

Laconian

MotorTrend is keeping its factoid powder dry for another ad-filled listicle.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on September 04, 2023, 04:48:12 PMMotorTrend is keeping its factoid powder dry for another ad-filled listicle.

I can't wait

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 04, 2023, 04:50:08 PMI can't wait

This user craves engaging content experiences punctuated by relevant advertising impressions!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on September 04, 2023, 04:52:22 PMThis user craves engaging content experiences punctuated by relevant advertising impressions!

I must know best cars for seniors.

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on September 03, 2023, 09:55:02 PMIn addition to pickup trucks, tweaker jalopies and Tacomas/4Runners, Altimas are indeed an inexplicable mega favorite of abysmal drivers.

Hey now, I'm a good Taco driver. 

GoCougs

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 05, 2023, 01:53:37 PMHey now, I'm a good Taco driver. 

I'm sure most are. I live in an area with loads of neuvo rich/spoiled teens, and the last few years, the Tacoma and 4Runner seem to have taken the place of the WRX, Jetta and Civic for said demographic. Can spot 'em half a mile away - overly shiny/polished, some goofy ass add-on lights, driving with the running lights on during the day.

r0tor

Quote from: GoCougs on September 06, 2023, 01:21:06 AMI'm sure most are. I live in an area with loads of neuvo rich/spoiled teens, and the last few years, the Tacoma and 4Runner seem to have taken the place of the WRX, Jetta and Civic for said demographic. Can spot 'em half a mile away - overly shiny/polished, some goofy ass add-on lights, driving with the running lights on during the day.

Forgot the gigantic 'murican flag in the bed
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Quote from: GoCougs on September 06, 2023, 01:21:06 AMI'm sure most are. I live in an area with loads of neuvo rich/spoiled teens, and the last few years, the Tacoma and 4Runner seem to have taken the place of the WRX, Jetta and Civic for said demographic. Can spot 'em half a mile away - overly shiny/polished, some goofy ass add-on lights, driving with the running lights on during the day.
God I feel bad now. All I could afford for my son was a used 2000 Civic Coupe. I am a horrible parent.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

giant_mtb

True enough. 

veeman

A week ago while returning from a Friday morning garbage dump run, I almost got hit head on by a white GM lifted brodozer pick up.  Residential 25 mph street and the douchebag must have been going 50 mph and was completely in the oncoming traffic lane because he had swerved to avoid a kid on a bike. I, in the oncoming traffic lane, came to a complete stop and the douchebag swerved back into his lane and missed me by about 20 feet. The area has rolling hills and the road is curvy. 

I would have died in my Veloster if he hit me dead on. 

GoCougs

How US cultured decayed to this point is just so sad and pathetic. LE literally does nothing.

r0tor

So the moral of this story is you will die in a small car in the USA
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on September 06, 2023, 10:10:07 AMHow US cultured decayed to this point is just so sad and pathetic. LE literally does nothing.

The only solution would be to have cameras everywhere.  Cops can't be everywhere and see everything all the time. 

All the more reason to always have a dashcam in your vehicle.  Not only to protect yourself in an accident, but also as a way to report instances of blatant reckless driving.  Cops will usually follow up on stuff like that if they have video proof of somebody doing something ridiculous and they have the time to go do a little knockity-knock at the registered owners' door.

veeman

Quote from: r0tor on September 06, 2023, 10:35:57 AMSo the moral of this story is you will die in a small car in the USA

Although govt does not advertise it, because they want people to buy fuel efficient smaller cars, driving a small car has a statistically higher chance of fatality than a large car per miles driven.  More than twice as high.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/are-bigger-cars-safer/amp/

CaminoRacer

Quote from: veeman on September 06, 2023, 03:19:04 PMAlthough govt does not advertise it, because they want people to buy fuel efficient smaller cars, driving a small car has a statistically higher chance of fatality than a large car per miles driven.  More than twice as high.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/are-bigger-cars-safer/amp/

In my experience, I definitely have a higher chance of being murdered in my Miata by a lifted pickup. And it's only getting worse. Government needs to limit the hood height.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

:hesaid: Bumper height mismatch is totally out of control.

GoCougs

If you choose to drive something like this you've got some problems:

veeman

Quote from: GoCougs on September 06, 2023, 08:59:20 PMIf you choose to drive something like this you've got some problems:

Nah.

Outside of the low profile tires, it's the perfect vehicle for wide American road highway cruising and suburban dwelling for wealthy families with more than 2 kids. It's also good for American jobs because it has kept Cadillac and including it's lesser Chevy/GMC brethren, GM from going bankrupt. The negative environmental impact of its production is less than that of an EV. The carbon footprint of wealthy people is always much higher. Houses, personal transportation, travel, leisure activities, etc. Plus probably > 50% of these are bought by husbands for their wives who demand the above vehicle and difficult/impossible to not acquiesce to that demand given the husband drives an equivalently expensive German luxury saloon and might also have a sports car, the husband works 80 hr weeks while the wife mostly stays at home and tends to the kids, and the very true mantra of happy wife equals happy life. 

GoCougs

Quote from: veeman on September 07, 2023, 06:06:58 AMNah.

Outside of the low profile tires, it's the perfect vehicle for wide American road highway cruising and suburban dwelling for wealthy families with more than 2 kids. It's also good for American jobs because it has kept Cadillac and including it's lesser Chevy/GMC brethren, GM from going bankrupt. The negative environmental impact of its production is less than that of an EV. The carbon footprint of wealthy people is always much higher. Houses, personal transportation, travel, leisure activities, etc. Plus probably > 50% of these are bought by husbands for their wives who demand the above vehicle and difficult/impossible to not acquiesce to that demand given the husband drives an equivalently expensive German luxury saloon and might also have a sports car, the husband works 80 hr weeks while the wife mostly stays at home and tends to the kids, and the very true mantra of happy wife equals happy life. 

You've codified like 17 such problems.

CaminoRacer

People would be better drivers if they weren't surrounded by such a huge insulated steel cage. I'm much more attentive in the El Camino, for example.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

veeman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 07, 2023, 08:17:44 AMPeople would be better drivers if they weren't surrounded by such a huge insulated steel cage. I'm much more attentive in the El Camino, for example.

When the Cybertruck (eventually) is for sale and Ford gets its act together regarding the Lightning, 0 to 60 mph in 3 or 4 seconds for these vehicles will be bad for all other drivers. That much mass will be very difficult to control on anything but a flat straight road.   

Morris Minor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 07, 2023, 08:17:44 AMPeople would be better drivers if they weren't surrounded by such a huge insulated steel cage. I'm much more attentive in the El Camino, for example.
We could replace steering wheel airbags with 8-inch sharp barbed steel spikes. People would drive very carefully.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Laconian

I was nearly hit three times today in the Miata. People don't check their blindspots and they don't use blinkers except at the last possible millisecond. It's horrendous. The size arms race is making driving fun cars into a deathwish.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on September 07, 2023, 04:00:24 PMI was nearly hit three times today in the Miata. People don't check their blindspots and they don't use blinkers except at the last possible millisecond. It's horrendous. The size arms race is making driving fun cars into a deathwish.

TUNDRA