Saxonyron took the plunge on a new ride.

Started by saxonyron, February 18, 2006, 10:02:29 PM

BMWDave

Wow, shes a beauty!! Congrats!! :rockon:  I've never seen those wheels on an A4 before, I like them a lot :)  Its a very elegant ride B)  Enjoy it to the fullest!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

dazzleman

QuoteRon, is that you or the salesman standing next to the car in one of those pictures?

I doubt it's you because the guy doesn't look tall enough.

Nice looking car, BTW.? Best of luck with it.
Actually that's my Dad - he wanted to check out the new ride.  He's a Jeep Fan, running '01 and '05 Grand Cherokees - but he secretly loves Audis.  B)  (And he's around 6'5", even at 70 yrs old!  I hope I'm in half his shape when I'm 70! :rockon: )
That's the old man?  Wow, he dresses pretty young and appears to be in very good shape for his age, from what I can see.  Pretty cool.

What type of car does your dad drive?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

mazda6er

Looking very nice Sax! B) Enjoy it. That's pretty much the color of my car, and one of the best looking shades out there, IMO.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

QuoteRon, is that you or the salesman standing next to the car in one of those pictures?

I doubt it's you because the guy doesn't look tall enough.

Nice looking car, BTW.  Best of luck with it.
Actually that's my Dad - he wanted to check out the new ride.  He's a Jeep Fan, running '01 and '05 Grand Cherokees - but he secretly loves Audis.  B)  (And he's around 6'5", even at 70 yrs old!  I hope I'm in half his shape when I'm 70! :rockon: )
That's the old man?  Wow, he dresses pretty young and appears to be in very good shape for his age, from what I can see.  Pretty cool.

What type of car does your dad drive?
;)  

saxonyron

QuoteWow, shes a beauty!! Congrats!! :rockon:  I've never seen those wheels on an A4 before, I like them a lot :)  Its a very elegant ride B)  Enjoy it to the fullest!
Thanks Dave and Mazda6 - I'm dying to pick this up today!

(And thanks Iffy - yup, my dad's a Jeep guy!)

Yeah, my Dad's a young 70 - most people have him pegged 10 yrs younger.  He drives around with a football in his car and will challenge our crews to a game of catch.  He was playing volleyball at a cookout last summer and outlasted most of the kids.  Must be all that organic food my mom feeds him!  :rockon:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

cawimmer430

I'm sorry Ron but I don't understand your logic. It is well known that Infiniti will crush everyone else by 2010. You should have gone with the Nissan...eh Infiniti to be safe!  :(

:lol:

Nice ride and congrats! Post pictures- and lot's of them!  :praise:

EDIT: Just saw the pics! Nice. But it's no S4 (which real men drive) so...

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SJ_GTI

QuoteI'm sorry Ron but I don't understand your logic. It is well known that Infiniti will crush everyone else by 2010. You should have gone with the Nissan...eh Infiniti to be safe!  :(

To be fair, he still has 3-4 years before he will have to trade in and get an Infiniti though.

cawimmer430

QuoteI'm sorry Ron but I don't understand your logic. It is well known that Infiniti will crush everyone else by 2010. You should have gone with the Nissan...eh Infiniti to be safe!  :(

Nice ride and congrats! Post pictures- and lot's of them!  :praise:
To be fair, he still has 3-4 years before he will have to trade in and get an Infiniti though.
Yes, but the RESALE VALUE will be so low because everyone will be trading in their cars for Infiniti's. In 2010, no one will want a $150K Audi when you can get a 560-hp Infiniti M56 for $110K less! You'll end up pushing the Audi off a cliff in desperation to get rid of it. Better give it back to the Audi dealer Ron and head back to the Infiniti dealership.   :P  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colonel Cadillac

saxonyron

QuoteI'm sorry Ron but I don't understand your logic. It is well known that Infiniti will crush everyone else by 2010. You should have gone with the Nissan...eh Infiniti to be safe!  :(

EDIT: Just saw the pics! Nice. But it's no S4 (which real men drive) so...

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:
Wow!  Tough crowd!  :lol:  Although I have to admit, Christian, I somehow enjoyed being scolded by Claudia!  :praise:

And yes,  I'm aware of the worldwide Infiniti Conspiracy, but I'm gonna take my chances with the Germans again!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SJ_GTI

QuoteI have to admit, Christian, I somehow enjoyed being scolded by Claudia!
You probably have that in common with alot of posters.  

:wub:

JYODER240

QuoteI have to admit, Christian, I somehow enjoyed being scolded by Claudia!
You probably have that in common with alot of posters.  

:wub:

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Speed_Racer

Nice pics, Ron. I really like that darker gray color.

Did you buy that one at the Audi/Porsche dealer on Rt. 3?

Tom

Out of all the cars you looked at, that's the best looking imo.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

Looks like the big day is tomorrow.  :hammerhead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Drove all the way to Manchester NH DMV since Town Clerk's office was closed (nutty and annoying schedule - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays 7-9PM, Wed, Thur, Fri 8-1, etc.)  Figured I'd just go to headquarters, but nooooooo!  After waiting in line 30 minutes, the vacuous mass at the counter asks "Why are you here?" Me: "Uhhh, to register a new car."  She: "You need to go to your town clerk."  Me: "Town Clerk is closed yesterday and today." She: "Huh.  Too bad. " Me:  :rage:  :rage:  :wtf:  :rage:  :rage:  then decide to leave before I had a meltdown.  Go figure.  I've lived in the state 8 years, and maybe should have known it. News to me! In Mass. where I lived most of my adult life, all  these dealings were done at DMV.

Anyhow, I now have the plates and registration in hand, after waiting an hour at the Clerk's office this evening, and I'll be hitting the dealer first thing in the AM.

Baahh!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

RJM

QuoteLooks like the big day is tomorrow.  :hammerhead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Drove all the way to Manchester NH DMV since Town Clerk's office was closed (nutty and annoying schedule - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays 7-9PM, Wed, Thur, Fri 8-1, etc.)  Figured I'd just go to headquarters, but nooooooo!  After waiting in line 30 minutes, the vacuous mass at the counter asks "Why are you here?" Me: "Uhhh, to register a new car."  She: "You need to go to your town clerk."  Me: "Town Clerk is closed yesterday and today." She: "Huh.  Too bad. " Me:  :rage:  :rage:  :wtf:  :rage:  :rage:  then decide to leave before I had a meltdown.  Go figure.  I've lived in the state 8 years, and maybe should have known it. News to me! In Mass. where I lived most of my adult life, all  these dealings were done at DMV.

Anyhow, I now have the plates and registration in hand, after waiting an hour at the Clerk's office this evening, and I'll be hitting the dealer first thing in the AM.

Baahh!
Won't the dealer do this for you, or are you just doing it to save time??

Here the dealer places a temporary tag on the car while they take care of the registration process and mail the new plate to you.

Catman

In MA the dealer would have it registered right at the dealership. :rockon:   Not in NH though. :nono:    Still. :rage:  

J86

saxonyron

My company is in Mass, but I live in NH - so the registration is NH, owner is MA.  Dealer does it for my company all the time for in-state trucks. In fact, I never leave my desk to buy our trucks - a couple phone calls and they arrive next day all tagged and inspected.  This is a royal PITA!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

SJ_GTI

QuoteMy company is in Mass, but I live in NH - so the registration is NH, owner is MA.  Dealer does it for my company all the time for in-state trucks. In fact, I never leave my desk to buy our trucks - a couple phone calls and they arrive next day all tagged and inspected.  This is a royal PITA!
When I bought my car here in Montreal the Audi dealer (saleswoman) literally drove me to the SAAQ (DMV equivalent) and walked me through the registration. I bought my Audi "off-island" so english speakers weren't as common so it really helped to have the bi-lingual saleswoman help me fill everything out. Its one of the first things that really impressed me about this dealer and its also why I also go back to them for service even though they aren't the closest.

Last time I bought a car in the states (BMW Z3) the dealer did everything though. I just picked up the car.

saxonyron

QuoteBuy the car thru the company!
I did!  Did a sweet lease deal, actually.  A nice neat write-off.   I planned to buy, but the salesguy ran both sets of numbers, even including my 25,000 mi/yr and it came out over a hundred less per month. With the miles I put on, I'll basically always have a car payment, so the lease turned out to be the best route.  Besides, I get to swap out for a new ride in 2 yrs and Audi takes the big depreciation hit, plus the calculated rate is 2%, so it's cheap money.  (To pre-buy extra miles, it's the same 15 cents/mile.  A 2 yr old car is worth far less with 50 k miles than with 25 k miles, but Audi charges the same 15 cents for those "higher cost" miles.  Kind of complicated, but makes sense if you do it out on paper.  :lol: )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

I'm not going to try and make sense of it (not much of a numbers guy), but it sounds great!  So in two years you get to do it all over again...

TBR

If the car is owned by your business in MA why isn't it registered there? And, dealers here in Texas register cars right after purchase and slap a temp plate on them and the permanent one comes to them about a week later. At which point they call you and have you come in so they can put it on (though with only one exception we've always bought our cars out of town so the dealer normally forwards them to us).

so cal cookie

Sounds frustrating.

When you buy a car in California, the dealer takes care of registration, and  a paper is taped to the lower passenger corner of the windshield at the time of delivery.  
Then you have the plastic dealer advertising plates on the car for about a month, at which time your permanent plates arrive in the mail, and you pop 'em on.

saxonyron

QuoteIf the car is owned by your business in MA why isn't it registered there? And, dealers here in Texas register cars right after purchase and slap a temp plate on them and the permanent one comes to them about a week later. At which point they call you and have you come in so they can put it on (though with only one exception we've always bought our cars out of town so the dealer normally forwards them to us).
It needs to be registered in the state that it is garaged.  It's primarily an insurance thing, but the town also wants to collect its excise tax.  Besides, MA has a 5% sales tax plus excise tax.  NH has only excise tax.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

TBR

Well then I guess the extra day was probably worth it. I am stuck with a 8.25% sales tax (but no state income tax).

Raza

The wait is worth it, man.  How slick is the shifter?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

The shifter felt real nice - plus the clutch is amazingly light compared to my A6.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan