I JUST SPIED THE 2007 C CLASS AND GOT A PIC!!!!!!!

Started by BMWDave, May 27, 2005, 01:37:52 PM

ifcar

QuoteWill CarSPIN be allowed to use prior spy shots and renderings to give a better idea of what the car looks like?
sure...why not..I'll give the credit where its due in the article for the Edmunds rendering, and the edmunds spy shot.
You're not required to get permission first? I'm not sure about this.
So then I will just post my picture.  I'll post links to the pictures that link directly to edmunds site...I'm sure you're allowed to do that.
Definitely. However, it couldn't hurt to ask The Car Connection for the use of some additional shots, and Edmunds or whoever for the use of that rendering, and it would make the article much more readable.  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

QuoteWill CarSPIN be allowed to use prior spy shots and renderings to give a better idea of what the car looks like?
sure...why not..I'll give the credit where its due in the article for the Edmunds rendering, and the edmunds spy shot.
So then I will just post my picture.  I'll post links to the pictures that link directly to edmunds site...I'm sure you're allowed to do that.
Definitely. However, it couldn't hurt to ask The Car Connection for the use of some additional shots, and Edmunds or whoever for the use of that rendering, and it would make the article much more readable.
that might take some time, though.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

that might take some time, though.
I'd say you're on the right track asking TurboDan.  

BMWDave

I'll post a thread with the article, I'll lock it so no one can reply, you look at it, and then tell me what you think.  ok?

2007 Honda S2000

TurboDan

Sure, I could drop an e-mail to Car Connection.  I'm sure they'd let us use it, since their URL is written right on the image - free promotion for them.

I'll drop them an e-mail tonight.  I'm going away on Sunday though, so I won't be able to work on the site for a week though.  I'll check in on the forums, of course - but Internet access on cruise ships ain't cheap!  

BMWDave

QuoteSure, I could drop an e-mail to Car Connection.  I'm sure they'd let us use it, since their URL is written right on the image - free promotion for them.

I'll drop them an e-mail tonight.  I'm going away on Sunday though, so I won't be able to work on the site for a week though.  I'll check in on the forums, of course - but Internet access on cruise ships ain't cheap!
I am going away for the weekend.  Listen, I'll send you the article by e-mail, and then you use it when you get permission and edit it.  Just say the spy shot is courtesy of Dave, or BMWDave, or something like that.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

You'll also have to ask AutomobileMag if you can use their rendering.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Dan, did you read the article?  It was quickly put together, and you may add stuff.  Just give me credit for the Spy pic.  And I'll delete the topic if you and Ifcar read it already.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I deleted it.  I will e-mail the article to you now.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteI'll post a thread with the article, I'll lock it so no one can reply, you look at it, and then tell me what you think.  ok?
hey, since when were you a mod? Congratulations, abuse your power as often as possible.  ;)   :rockon:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

Good article. A couple of recommendations:

1. Crop your spy pic closer to the actual vehicle, and then resize all three images to the same dimensions.
2. Add where you saw the car.

TurboDan

Huh?  Where is this article you speak of?

EDIT:  Just got it in my e-mail!  Reading it now...

BMWDave

QuoteGood article. A couple of recommendations:

1. Crop your spy pic closer to the actual vehicle, and then resize all three images to the same dimensions.
2. Add where you saw the car.
I dont have photoshop....can you do that for me??  I'd appreciate it.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteI'll post a thread with the article, I'll lock it so no one can reply, you look at it, and then tell me what you think.  ok?
hey, since when were you a mod? Congratulations, abuse your power as often as possible.  ;)   :rockon:
Lol, nah, I have to be just and uphold the law... :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Lorinser

Send it to a major car magazine and get lots of money!! :D  

ifcar

QuoteHows this?

That should be just fine. I can make them all share a certain dimension (you'll have to tell me a width or height), and it shouldn't get too blurry.  

Raghavan

Fire It Up

NY/C probably, I think he lives there (or in the area).

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

it just looks like a black car with black rims. can't really tell what it is...

TBR

QuoteIt looked a lot like like this rendering:

Am I the only one that sees a lot of Acura RL in the back of this rendering?  

mazda6er

No, I agree with you. I don't like the front of the car, by the way.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

can't see the back...

TBR

can't see the back...
I mean the general shape of the rear quarter panels which you can see.  

Raghavan

can't see the back...
I mean the general shape of the rear quarter panels which you can see.
o. not really. the c-pillar reminds me of the CLS.

BMWDave

Quotewhere did you see this, Dave?
I saw this in Paramus, NJ.  I dont think the picture is good enough to make money off of it, so I thought it would be nice to just post it here.  And Dan, did you get permission from The Car Connection?

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quoteit just looks like a black car with black rims. can't really tell what it is...
Disguised cars are usually black, with black rims.  I saw it up close and I have a mental image of it in my mind, but the picture was taken at 40 mph going in the opposite direction and I just swung the camera behind my head.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quotewhere did you see this, Dave?
I saw this in Paramus, NJ.  I dont think the picture is good enough to make money off of it, so I thought it would be nice to just post it here.  And Dan, did you get permission from The Car Connection?
how much can you make off of a good shot?