Possible photos: 07 Camry

Started by ifcar, May 28, 2005, 06:42:46 PM

Raghavan

looks like toyota is also taking on the l-finesse design theme by lexus.

TBR

Wow, a Mazda 6 and Acura TL rip off, yet more original work from Toyota.  

ifcar

QuoteWow, a Mazda 6 and Acura TL rip off, yet more original work from Toyota.
I was thinking fat IS myself.  

Raghavan

there is acura RL in the taillights.

Raghavan

looks like a TSX from the front.

Catman

Raghavan

at least it doesn't look bland.

BMWDave

Quoteat least it doesn't look bland.
Thats correct.  But it looks like they ripped off a few cars in the process.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

which is even worse than being bland. :angry:  

BMWDave

which is even worse than being bland. :angry:
Yea.  I'll wait for more pictures to make a final decision.  If they rip it off an IS, I dont really fault them, since an IS is Toyota property.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

it looks like a TSX and RL combined.

Secret Chimp

What the hell is everyone talking about with this rip-off crap? It's drawing from the LF-A and LF-C concept cars and the Avalon. Taking styling from your company's own material, unprecedented!

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

QuoteWhat the hell is everyone talking about with this rip-off crap? It's drawing from the LF-A and LF-C concept cars and the Avalon. Taking styling from your company's own material, unprecedented!
well, the pics are bad quality, so you can't tell what they got the styling cues from.

ifcar

QuoteWhat the hell is everyone talking about with this rip-off crap? It's drawing from the LF-A and LF-C concept cars and the Avalon. Taking styling from your company's own material, unprecedented!
well, the pics are bad quality, so you can't tell what they got the styling cues from.
Yet you did. Three times, in fact.  <_<  

Raghavan

Yet you did. Three times, in fact.  <_<
that's what I thought it looked like....

TBR

Take off your Toyota bias glasses and look at those headlights and that grill again.  

Raghavan

Take off your Toyota bias glasses and look at those headlights and that grill again.
i thought he liked subaru?

TBR

Last time I checked you aren't limited to liking only one brand. His previous behavior on C/D and his defensive attitude in this thread have left me with the impression that he is too Toyota biased (we are all biased towards one brand or another, but there is a point where you can be too biased).  

ifcar

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't automatically make them biased.

TBR

Never said it did, but blindly defending a product because it is from your favorite company does. Tell me how the car in the spy pics looks like an Avalon.  

Raghavan

Last time I checked you aren't limited to liking only one brand. His previous behavior on C/D and his defensive attitude in this thread have left me with the impression that he is too Toyota biased (we are all biased towards one brand or another, but there is a point where you can be too biased).
i know that you aren't limited to only liking one brand, but i just didn't know he liked toyota.

Raghavan

Never said it did, but blindly defending a product because it is from your favorite company does. Tell me how the car in the spy pics looks like an Avalon.
it doesn't.

ifcar

Everyone sees their own things in pics, don't be so quick to jump on them.

TBR

it doesn't.
That is why I called him biased. I can see the IS in it, but I don't see one bit of Avalon.  

ifcar

I see a bit of Avalon in the width and roofline, and the entire front end bears some overall similarity (though everything is much smoother). Much more IS though, I agree, and a bit of Acuras.  

Secret Chimp

TBR, what the hell are you talking about? I see more LF-S, LF-A and Avalon in the car than I do any Honda products. I see the new Avalon in the tail lights. I didn't understand why everybody was saying it was ripping off of Honda, because I didn't see much Honda in the car. I was confused by everyone else's perspective and offered my own.
I'm not "blindly defending my favorite company". It's not a "bias," it's just an opinion that doesn't include any Honda products. It's still an opinion.
I really don't understand how you arrived at this position or why you have such a problem with my own take on the car's styling. Get your head out of your ass.

TBR

QuoteTBR, what the hell are you talking about? I see more LF-S, LF-A and Avalon in the car than I do any Honda products. I see the new Avalon in the tail lights. I didn't understand why everybody was saying it was ripping off of Honda, because I didn't see much Honda in the car. I was confused by everyone else's perspective and offered my own.
I'm not "blindly defending my favorite company". It's not a "bias," it's just an opinion that doesn't include any Honda products. It's still an opinion.
I really don't understand how you arrived at this position or why you have such a problem with my own take on the car's styling. Get your head out of your ass.
So you are honestly telling me that you see no Acura in that front fascia? If that is the case than so be it, but I for one see plenty of ripping off in that design.  

Raghavan

QuoteI see the new Avalon in the tail lights.
You don't see any RL?
and toyota needs to make that grille smaller.

Secret Chimp

QuoteTBR, what the hell are you talking about? I see more LF-S, LF-A and Avalon in the car than I do any Honda products. I see the new Avalon in the tail lights. I didn't understand why everybody was saying it was ripping off of Honda, because I didn't see much Honda in the car. I was confused by everyone else's perspective and offered my own.
So you are honestly telling me that you see no Acura in that front fascia? If that is the case than so be it, but I for one see plenty of ripping off in that design.
"Honestly"? Why would I LIE? My opinion doesn't match with yours, get over it.