Started by BMWDave, May 29, 2005, 04:31:13 PM

Which would you pick?

BMW M5
12 (85.7%)
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Raza

QuoteHmm...I love the E55, but I'd take the M5 unless m other car was an M6 or Viper SRT-10.
The M5 has a true manual. :praise:
That's the reason.  If I had a second super fast car that had a stick, I'd rather have an E55 in case my damn trick knee acts up again on the golf course and I can't operate a clutch for a few days.  An auto as a second car would come in handy.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

A 530i with an AA Supercharger, along with $30K in my pocket which could go to the purchase of an '01 325i Convertible, also with the AA Superchager.

BEAT THAT.

Raghavan

QuoteA 530i with an AA Supercharger, along with $30K in my pocket which could go to the purchase of an '01 325i Convertible, also with the AA Superchager.

BEAT THAT.
Fine. How about i just take the money and buy a Ford Racing Focus with RWD, a Tremec 6-speed manual, and a 5.0 liter 450hp V8?

BMWDave

QuoteA 530i with an AA Supercharger, along with $30K in my pocket which could go to the purchase of an '01 325i Convertible, also with the AA Superchager.

BEAT THAT.
Fine. How about i just take the money and buy a Ford Racing Focus with RWD, a Tremec 6-speed manual, and a 5.0 liter 450hp V8?
I'd still rather have the two Bimmers with the AAs.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Submariner

BEAT THAT.
For some reason, converting a Focus to RWD just screams rice.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

R33 GT-R

QuoteYou do know that that interior pic is from the previous gen E55, right?

Anyhow, I guess I would have to take the M5 simply because it is a better driver's car. But, I would take a Quatrroporte or even a STS-V over both.
Its the only good interior picture that I can find.  And why would you take an STS-V over these?  The M5 beats it in every dimension except price.
Here's a better one.

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Run Away

M5 with SMG for me.
I just don't know what a normal manual would feel like with all that power...it just seems like it would feel too heavy if it could withstand that power, and too fragile if it couldn't.

E55 is nice too of course, but the M5 is just more my style. The E55 is a muscle car with handling, the M5 is more like a screaming exotic.

Raghavan

BEAT THAT.
I'd still rather have the two Bimmers with the AAs.
and i'd have a sleeper Focus capable of smoking those two BMW's.

Raghavan

BEAT THAT.
how?

Fire It Up

BEAT THAT.
Uhm, what?  :rolleyes:  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Fire It Up

M5 I think. I'd rather have something else though; the BMW is too weird looking, and the MB is auto and most likely not as fun for driving (acceleration and speed aside).  

Raghavan

QuoteM5 I think. I'd rather have something else though; the BMW is too weird looking, and the MB is auto and most likely not as fun for driving (acceleration and speed aside).
Ford Racing Focus RS8?

R33 GT-R

QuoteM5 I think. I'd rather have something else though; the BMW is too weird looking, and the MB is auto and most likely not as fun for driving (acceleration and speed aside).
I drove my old neighbors 05 E55 and all I'll say is that it is one wicked machine.  Unless you are pretty good at controlling the rear end, always leave the traction control on.  The power is there and the rear is very happy even on dry pavement when the go pedal is caressed.  It is one extreme luxury ride.  I would like to drive the M5 to see how hard it is.

Raghavan

I drove my old neighbors 05 E55 and all I'll say is that it is one wicked machine.  Unless you are pretty good at controlling the rear end, always leave the traction control on.  The power is there and the rear is very happy even on dry pavement when the go pedal is caressed.  It is one extreme luxury ride.  I would like to drive the M5 to see how hard it is.
are you going to buy one?

BMWDave

He said he's buying an RR Sport...thats more than enough, dont you think?  And R33, post pictures when you get it, even though I've probably told you 100 times :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

He said he's buying an RR Sport...thats more than enough, dont you think?  And R33, post pictures when you get it, even though I've probably told you 100 times :lol:
he doesn't have to do anything for you after you've called him a post whore about a bajillion times!!!! :angry:  :angry:  rokon.gif  rokon.gif
:lol:  :lol:  

BMWDave

he doesn't have to do anything for you after you've called him a post whore about a bajillion times!!!! :angry:  :angry:  rokon.gif  rokon.gif
I'm sure he would post pictures without a problem.  He knows I am a fan of LR, and he would enjoy showing off his new car to someone who would truly appreciate it.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

I'm sure he would post pictures without a problem.  He knows I am a fan of LR, and he would enjoy showing off his new car to someone who would truly appreciate it.
anyone but you. rokon.gif  rokon.gif
:lol:  

R33 GT-R

Will do Dave.   :praise:  

R33 GT-R

No, the next car will be either an E320 CDI or the one I'm leaning toward the Jaguar S-Type R.  It's going to be at least 10 months before we look at cars though.

I will pose a question though.  Which one would you want and why, I know there are major differences but how would it play out for you?

Jaguar S Type R

E320 CDI

Raghavan

No, the next car will be either an E320 CDI or the one I'm leaning toward the Jaguar S-Type R.  It's going to be at least 10 months before we look at cars though.

I will pose a question though.  Which one would you want and why, I know there are major differences but how would it play out for you?

Jaguar S Type R

E320 CDI

S type R. Much sexier and better performer. :praise:  

Run Away

Benz, complete with the banged up rear end.:P

No, STR, in black or British Racing Green. B)

Raghavan

QuoteBenz, complete with the banged up rear end.:P

:praise:  

R33 GT-R

that was a good pic, he he.  :)

Fire It Up

Why a C320CDI instead of a C55?

R33 GT-R

QuoteWhy a C320CDI instead of a C55?
E320 CDI, 2 cars 2 different reasons.