Which would you pick?

BMW M5
12 (85.7%)
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

M5: V10, stealthy looks, and has a true manual!

BMWDave

The M5 is a much nicer car, from a sporting standpoint, and yet is totally docile around town.  The E55 can claim that much, but in the sporting department it is seriously lacking compared to the M5.  Car said that after driving the M5 the E55 felt like it had wooden steering.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

You do know that that interior pic is from the previous gen E55, right?

Anyhow, I guess I would have to take the M5 simply because it is a better driver's car. But, I would take a Quatrroporte or even a STS-V over both.  

BMWDave

QuoteYou do know that that interior pic is from the previous gen E55, right?

Anyhow, I guess I would have to take the M5 simply because it is a better driver's car. But, I would take a Quatrroporte or even a STS-V over both.
Its the only good interior picture that I can find.  And why would you take an STS-V over these?  The M5 beats it in every dimension except price.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Its the only good interior picture that I can find.  And why would you take an STS-V over these?  The M5 beats it in every dimension except price.
Who cares if it is the best pic you could find? It is completely useless because the current car has a completely different and much better interior.

It has to do with styling. The M5 is ugly imho and its interior isn't much better. As long as GM's engineers did as well with the suspension of the STS-V as they did with the CTS-V it should be plenty sporty.  

Raghavan

i'd probably take an STS-V over and E55.

BMWDave

Who cares if it is the best pic you could find? It is completely useless because the current car has a completely different and much better interior.

It has to do with styling. The M5 is ugly imho and its interior isn't much better. As long as GM's engineers did as well with the suspension of the STS-V as they did with the CTS-V it should be plenty sporty.
Please put in a better picture.  I tried very hard to find one and couldnt.  The CTS-V cannot touch the M5's handling dynamics, and the engine in the M5 is a lot better than the STS-V's.  The only think going for the Caddy is price.  (which is a considerable factor, I agree.).  But to argue that its a better driver's car is not true.  It may be plenty sporty, but its not better than an M5.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I'd take the E55 wagon, the better mix of practicality and sport.

BMWDave

Why?  Price?

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteI'd take the E55 wagon, the better mix of practicality and sport.
What about the new M5 Wagon?

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

The US is actually getting it? What's the pricing?

TBR

Please put in a better picture.  I tried very hard to find one and couldnt.  The CTS-V cannot touch the M5's handling dynamics, and the engine in the M5 is a lot better than the STS-V's.  The only think going for the Caddy is price.  (which is a considerable factor, I agree.).  But to argue that its a better driver's car is not true.  It may be plenty sporty, but its not better than an M5.
Why is it you have such a problem with people having an opinion that is different from yours? When spending this much money styling is important and I think the 5-series is just plain ugly and I don't care if you have a problem with it. Also, you didn't really try that hard (first page of results for "Mercedes E55 interior" at Google Images):

BMWDave

The US is actually getting it? What's the pricing?
Link

I believe the US is getting it.  And I assume it will be a little pricier than the saloon version.  

Check the link.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Why is it you have such a problem with people having an opinion that is different from yours? When spending this much money styling is important and I think the 5-series is just plain ugly and I don't care if you have a problem with it. Also, you didn't really try that hard (first page of results for "Mercedes E55 interior" at Google Images):
I saw that picture and figured it was too small.  And I am not angry with you...I'm just trying to understand your reasoning.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Why?  Price?
It looks better than the E55, it's pretty much the same in performance, and it's cheaper.

TBR

I saw that picture and figured it was too small.  And I am not angry with you...I'm just trying to understand your reasoning.
Then how come you had such a problem accepting my opinion?

BMWDave

Then how come you had such a problem excepting my opinion?
I dont.  I simply wanted to know why you came to that conlusion.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Damn it, you quoted me before I fixed my spelling mistake. :D

Anyway, I told you why I came to that conclusion in my first post, how many times do you want me to tell you that I think the 5-series is ugly both inside and outside?

And, so far you have attempted to get everyone who didn't vote for the M5 into a debate.  I am sorry, but I think your inner BMW troll is showing a bit too much right now.  

TBR

Also, a small picture is much better than one of a completely different interior.

BMWDave

Anyway, I told you why I came to that conclusion in my first post, how many times do you want me to tell you that I think the 5-series is ugly both inside and outside?

And, so far you have attempted to get everyone who didn't vote for the M5 into a debate.  I am sorry, but I think your inner BMW troll is showing a bit too much right now.
I'm merely trying to start conversations.  I'm asking them Why? and I'm not saying that the STS-v is junk or anything like that.  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteAlso, a small picture is much better than one of a completely different interior.
I didnt realize it was different.  The thumbnail picture looked the same, so I just got the link.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Who else thinks that the M5 wagon looks like a Vibe in this thumbnail pic?

Anyway, if this thing actually comes to the US, and if it's priced competitively against the E55 wagon, I'll change my vote. But until then, E55 for me.  

BMWDave

QuoteWho else thinks that the M5 wagon looks like a Vibe in this thumbnail pic?

Anyway, if this thing actually comes to the US, and if it's priced competitively against the E55 wagon, I'll change my vote. But until then, E55 for me.
I do think it looks like a Vibe, but its a tiny picture.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I'm merely trying to start conversations.  I'm asking them Why? and I'm not saying that the STS-v is junk or anything like that.
Then why were you so defensive?  

Raghavan

i thought it WAS a vibe. :lol:  

BMWDave

If I sounded defensive, I certainly didnt mean to.  Sometimes on Forums its hard to convey how you really feel, and I was just asking a question, nothing else.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

i thought it WAS a vibe. :lol:
So did I, and I even knew what page I was on.  

Raza

Hmm...I love the E55, but I'd take the M5 unless m other car was an M6 or Viper SRT-10.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteHmm...I love the E55, but I'd take the M5 unless m other car was an M6 or Viper SRT-10.
The M5 has a true manual. :praise: