Started by BMWDave, May 29, 2005, 04:31:13 PM

Which would you pick?

BMW M5
12 (85.7%)
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Raza

The E320 CDI is a better built car, but I'd go for the STR.  Can't argue with that kind of performance.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteM5 I think. I'd rather have something else though; the BMW is too weird looking, and the MB is auto and most likely not as fun for driving (acceleration and speed aside).
I drove my old neighbors 05 E55 and all I'll say is that it is one wicked machine.  Unless you are pretty good at controlling the rear end, always leave the traction control on.  The power is there and the rear is very happy even on dry pavement when the go pedal is caressed.  It is one extreme luxury ride.  I would like to drive the M5 to see how hard it is.
are you going to buy one?
No, the next car will be either an E320 CDI or the one I'm leaning toward the Jaguar S-Type R.  It's going to be at least 10 months before we look at cars though.

I will pose a question though.  Which one would you want and why, I know there are major differences but how would it play out for you?

Jaguar S Type R

E320 CDI

I would pick the S Type R.  Much faster, looks better (subjective), and the exhaust note is quite sweet.  Its a unique car, and the MB is sort of run of the mill.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteIts a unique car, and the MB is sort of run of the mill.
yes, the CDI is VERY run of the mill.... the CDI doesnt' even get new wheels! :rolleyes:  

R33 GT-R

So far some of the exact things I'm thinking on the CDI.  A big plus too would be Jaguar and Land Rover are together so no going to 2 different places for service.    
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raghavan

QuoteSo far some of the exact things I'm thinking on the CDI.  A big plus too would be Jaguar and Land Rover are together so no going to 2 different places for service.
get the jag.

BMWDave

QuoteSo far some of the exact things I'm thinking on the CDI.  A big plus too would be Jaguar and Land Rover are together so no going to 2 different places for service.
If you get the RR Sport supercharged, and the S Type R, then you would have two cars with pretty much the same engine.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteSo far some of the exact things I'm thinking on the CDI.  A big plus too would be Jaguar and Land Rover are together so no going to 2 different places for service.
If you get the RR Sport supercharged, and the S Type R, then you would have two cars with pretty much the same engine.
so?

R33 GT-R

QuoteSo far some of the exact things I'm thinking on the CDI.  A big plus too would be Jaguar and Land Rover are together so no going to 2 different places for service.
My point exactly as well as having a better relationship with the dealer.  

Raghavan

My point exactly as well as having a better relationship with the dealer.
most valuable customer of the year award. :lol:  

TBR

Will you be driving this car or will your wife be? If it is you, the S-type R all the way. But, if it is your wife than she probably doesn't care about performance all that much if at all in which case the E320 CDI makes more sense.  

BMWDave

QuoteWill you be driving this car or will your wife be? If it is you, the S-type R all the way. But, if it is your wife than she probably doesn't care about performance all that much if at all in which case the E320 CDI makes more sense.
Why?  The Jag is a perfectly comfortable car, and even if performance no object, the Mercedes isnt significantly better for his wife.  

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

My wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.  I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.

BMWDave

QuoteMy wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.  I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.
When would you plan on buying it?

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

QuoteMy wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.  I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.
We're about 10 months out on a new car.

TBR

QuoteWill you be driving this car or will your wife be? If it is you, the S-type R all the way. But, if it is your wife than she probably doesn't care about performance all that much if at all in which case the E320 CDI makes more sense.
Why?  The Jag is a perfectly comfortable car, and even if performance no object, the Mercedes isnt significantly better for his wife.
But the MB is even more comfortable. R33, if your wife will enjoy the power than the S-type R is definitely the way to go.  

Raghavan

QuoteMy wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.  I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.
congrats on the wife. :praise:  

Raghavan

QuoteMy wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.  I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.
you wanna buy both the RR and the STR?

BMWDave

QuoteMy wife will be driving it 70 to 30, she'll like the power, she rides a R6.? I'll drive it mainly on trips and a little around town.
you wanna buy both the RR and the STR?
It sure seems that way.

2007 Honda S2000