Audi R8 Revealed

Started by Jawad, September 27, 2006, 05:24:03 PM

Catman

:lol:  Another new sig!

Jawad, you're like the reporter who is always first to air the big story. :praise:  Glad we have you here.

Danish

I'm not feeling the front, although I think it will grow on me

The interrior is gorgeous :lol:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Catman

BTW, it looks pretty good.  It's very true to the concept.  Lots of black plastic going on there though.

Jawad

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 05:30:51 PM

Jawad, you're like the reporter who is always first to air the big story. :praise:  Glad we have you here.

Well I am a little surprised that people don't post much in the way of news around here.  But I don't mind doing it on my own.

Catman

Quote from: Jawad on September 27, 2006, 05:33:49 PM
Well I am a little surprised that people don't post much in the way of news around here.  But I don't mind doing it on my own.

Hey, we're not complaining.  In fact, it's greatly appreciated.  Keep up the good work. :clap:

giant_mtb

The R8?!  Really?  Haven't been seeing pics just like this for the past couple years or anything!  Honestly...I'm bored of this car.  They shoulda produced it a long time ago.  It's boring now.

Catman

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 27, 2006, 05:35:29 PM
The R8?!  Really?  Haven't been seeing pics just like this for the past couple years or anything!  Honestly...I'm bored of this car.  They shoulda produced it a long time ago.  It's boring now.

:rolleyes:

Raza

It's so beautiful I think I'm going to cry.

This might replace the RS2 as my dream car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Stunning inside and out, i'll take mine without the DSG though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

saxonyron

Quote from: Raza on September 27, 2006, 05:36:48 PM
It's so beautiful I think I'm going to cry.

I'm already crying!  Damn, they pulled it off, IMO.  I saw a few early guesstimates that looked a little funky.  The funk is gone - this thing is stunning. :rockon:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

*drooling*

BTW can anyone get a larger version of that picture? I want it as my background but running 1024x768 :banghead:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

JYODER240

Looking at it again, the front wheel needs pushed out about 1-2inches.

Raza

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on September 27, 2006, 05:41:53 PM
Stunning inside and out, i'll take mine without the DSG though.

"Two transmissions are available: a manual 6-speed gearbox or optionally the Audi R tronic sequential-shift gearbox. Here, too, the influence of the motorsport world is clearly evident, with a joystick gear-shift on the centre console and, most especially, the paddles mounted on the steering wheel, which are a long-established ergonomic feature in motorsport. The best illustration of this is once again the Le Mans winning Audi R8, which also enables the driver to change gear on the steering wheel."

Thank goodness it's not a BMW.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza on September 27, 2006, 05:47:51 PM
"Two transmissions are available: a manual 6-speed gearbox or optionally the Audi R tronic sequential-shift gearbox. Here, too, the influence of the motorsport world is clearly evident, with a joystick gear-shift on the centre console and, most especially, the paddles mounted on the steering wheel, which are a long-established ergonomic feature in motorsport. The best illustration of this is once again the Le Mans winning Audi R8, which also enables the driver to change gear on the steering wheel."

Thank goodness it's not a BMW.

Or Ferrari.

saxonyron

And thanks Jawad - you get the scoops out there.  We should all do a little more of that!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 05:43:37 PM
I'm already crying!  Damn, they pulled it off, IMO.  I saw a few early guesstimates that looked a little funky.  The funk is gone - this thing is stunning. :rockon:

New sig Ron? :praise:

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 05:50:11 PM
New sig Ron? :praise:

heh heh heh

Thanks, Greg!  I think it looks mighty fine!  At least until I get a chance to do something a little more artistic with my own ride! :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 05:53:58 PM
heh heh heh

Thanks, Greg!  I think it looks mighty fine!  At least until I get a chance to do something a little more artistic with my own ride! :lol:

What do you want for an Avatar.  Any ideas?

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 05:55:14 PM
What do you want for an Avatar. Any ideas?

At the risk of being an Audi troll :lol: I was thinking of the Audi rings.  I grabbed the front end shot of the R8 for now, but it really is too small to endure that much detail.  Hey, I appreciate the help.  (Especially since you already know of my (lack of) technical skills!)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

mazda6er

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 05:55:14 PM
What do you want for an Avatar.  Any ideas?
Family photo.

Some of the kids were missing though. :devil:

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

saxonyron

Quote from: mazda6er on September 27, 2006, 05:59:20 PM
Family photo.

Some of the kids were missing though. :devil:

LOL!? :lol:

That would be one blurry little avatar!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 05:58:19 PM
At the risk of being an Audi troll :lol: I was thinking of the Audi rings.  I grabbed the front end shot of the R8 for now, but it really is too small to endure that much detail.  Hey, I appreciate the help.  (Especially since you already know of my (lack of) technical skills!)

Damn, looking good!!!! :praise:

saxonyron

Sweet!!!!  How'd you do dat??  :lol:

Thanks, Greg!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 06:06:08 PM
Sweet!!!!  How'd you do dat??  :lol:

Thanks, Greg!

My laptop has all the toys. ;)

Catman

I'm liking that contrasting panel there.