Pics: 2006 Impreza

Started by ifcar, May 31, 2005, 05:34:41 AM

ifcar

Fire It Up

I expect the resale values of the last Imprezas to stay high for a while.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

mazda6er

To be honest, I kind of like it. The re-shaping of the grill looks pretty cool, and WAY better than on the Tribeca.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

I actually think it looks pretty good, much better than the pre-2004 models for sure (that is when it got the facelift, right?)  

Raza

QuoteI actually think it looks pretty good, much better than the pre-2004 models for sure (that is when it got the facelift, right?)
Definitely..it looks better than the bugeyes of yore, but not as good as the current model.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

Hey, that looks alright. I was worried after seeing some of the artist's renditions that have been flowing around the net.

But this looks quite nice. I wish they had redone the rear a bit more though. This still kind of seems like another facelift, until they whip up something brand new.

ifcar

QuoteHey, that looks alright. I was worried after seeing some of the artist's renditions that have been flowing around the net.

But this looks quite nice. I wish they had redone the rear a bit more though. This still kind of seems like another facelift, until they whip up something brand new.
Which is exactly what it is.  ;)  

BMWDave

This looks exactly like the 2 pictures I posted a while back.  very nice looking overall, and they didnt seem to mess it up with the airplane grille.  Good work subaru!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Not exactly, the headlights are completely different and the grille isn't identical either:

vs.

BMWDave

QuoteNot exactly, the headlights are completely different and the grille isn't identical either:

vs.
Its still very similar, just this version is better looking.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteNot exactly, the headlights are completely different and the grille isn't identical either:

vs.
The car you posted was an Impreza with modified Legacy headlights and a modified Tribeca grille. I think it was probably a coincidence that the pics came out looking somewhat similar, as the two biggest components (current Impreza and a B9 grille fit on a small-car body) were requirements in both designs.  

BMWDave

vs.
The car you posted was an Impreza with modified Legacy headlights and a modified Tribeca grille. I think it was probably a coincidence that the pics came out looking somewhat similar, as the two biggest components (current Impreza and a B9 grille fit on a small-car body) were requirements in both designs.
Either way, I am glad it came out this good looking.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

vs.
Either way, I am glad it came out this good looking.
Same.  

Catman

Hmm, I don't mind it. <_<  -_-  

Raghavan

Tom

Raghavan

QuoteBoy racers :rolleyes:
how, old man?

giant_mtb

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!*

Thank God they didn't butcher it the way all the chops and estimates were portraying!  It's not bad...I like it, but not as much as the current-gen.  I see they didn't change the tail-lights all that much...which is good.  The front-end upgrade is obviously noticeable but it is somewhat subtle...  The face of the car has more of a glaring look to it now.

Not bad...  :rockon:  

Fire It Up

Man, what are you people smoking?  :P  This thing looks like a fuckin Suzuki.  

Raghavan

QuoteMan, what are you people smoking?  :P  This thing looks like a fuckin Suzuki.
NO SWEARING, BITCH!! rokon.gif  rokon.gif  rokon.gif
GO TO YOUR ROOM!

giant_mtb

QuoteMan, what are you people smoking?  :P  This thing looks like a fuckin Suzuki.
Umm..not really.  :rolleyes:   The only major change is the front end...the grille, lights, and fascia...and it isn't too bad.  :angry:  

Raghavan

Quote*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!*

Thank God they didn't butcher it the way all the chops and estimates were portraying!  It's not bad...I like it, but not as much as the current-gen.  I see they didn't change the tail-lights all that much...which is good.  The front-end upgrade is obviously noticeable but it is somewhat subtle...  The face of the car has more of a glaring look to it now.

Not bad...  :rockon:
it looks much meaner than the current gen.

giant_mtb

Thank God they didn't butcher it the way all the chops and estimates were portraying!  It's not bad...I like it, but not as much as the current-gen.  I see they didn't change the tail-lights all that much...which is good.  The front-end upgrade is obviously noticeable but it is somewhat subtle...  The face of the car has more of a glaring look to it now.

Not bad...  :rockon:
Yeah exactly...I like it like that...well sort of.  The car already looks mean...with the the wing, wheels, and hood scoop...but this makeover made it look even meaner.

Raghavan

Thank God they didn't butcher it the way all the chops and estimates were portraying!  It's not bad...I like it, but not as much as the current-gen.  I see they didn't change the tail-lights all that much...which is good.  The front-end upgrade is obviously noticeable but it is somewhat subtle...  The face of the car has more of a glaring look to it now.

Not bad...  :rockon:
Yeah exactly...I like it like that...well sort of.  The car already looks mean...with the the wing, wheels, and hood scoop...but this makeover made it look even meaner.
when you see one in the rearview mirror, it looks like it says 'get outta the way!'

giant_mtb

Does anyone know about the engines and tranny's that are going to be offered in the vehicles?  Are they just gonna keep the standard 2.5 (in the 2.5 RS), the 2.0 Turbo (Sedan), and the 2.5 Turbo (STi)...?  Are they going to up the power output by at least a decade's worth of horses? (10-ish)

Raghavan

QuoteDoes anyone know about the engines and tranny's that are going to be offered in the vehicles?  Are they just gonna keep the standard 2.5 (in the 2.5 RS), the 2.0 Turbo (Sedan), and the 2.5 Turbo (STi)...?  Are they going to up the power output by at least a decade's worth of horses? (10-ish)
don't think so. it's just a mid cycle refresh.

Fire It Up

QuoteMan, what are you people smoking?  :P  This thing looks like a fuckin Suzuki.
Umm..not really.  :rolleyes:   The only major change is the front end...the grille, lights, and fascia...and it isn't too bad.  :angry:
Look...

^That^ is a combo of

this and

this.

giant_mtb

QuoteDoes anyone know about the engines and tranny's that are going to be offered in the vehicles?  Are they just gonna keep the standard 2.5 (in the 2.5 RS), the 2.0 Turbo (Sedan), and the 2.5 Turbo (STi)...?  Are they going to up the power output by at least a decade's worth of horses? (10-ish)
don't think so. it's just a mid cycle refresh.
Damn.

giant_mtb

QuoteMan, what are you people smoking?  :P  This thing looks like a fuckin Suzuki.
Look...

^That^ is a combo of

this and

this.
Ahhh I see your point.  It also has some Alfa written in the conclusion as well but it's not noticeably either or unless you really study it.  But good eye...you caught me.  ;)  

Raghavan

Look...

^That^ is a combo of

this and

this.
only the grille of the forenza looks similar.