NEW CAR BABY!!!!

Started by ro51092, November 05, 2006, 04:57:01 PM

ro51092

As many of you may know, I was planning on buying a BMW 328i.

Well, I bought an Audi A4 2.0T quattro.
:lol: :lol:

I'll tell you just why I made this move: The 328i with a manual transmission was like a 2-3 month wait, and I needed the car in less than a month. The Audi was available in a stick in about a month. Secondly, the Audi dealer gave me an amazing deal. $369 for 24 months with $0 down, whereas the BMW was $505 with $3500 down.

Anyway, it wasn't my first choice, but it was my second, and still a good choice. I was initially going to drop the extra cash on the BMW, because I liked it better, but then I asked myself if I liked it THAT much better. The wait for MT killed it completely. Next time for sure.

I pick it up on December 2nd. The wait will KILL me.

BTW, this is a lot like MTL_A4 SJ_GTI's situation when he bought his A4.

EDIT: My bad, it was $0 down. Some weekend special. Price slipped my mind. Makes the deal even juicier. :praise:

SVT_Power

The TL gone yet? Wow that's almost a $150/month difference.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

mazda6er

Congratulations  :rockon:

What color and options and all that?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ro51092

Quote from: M_power on November 05, 2006, 04:58:46 PM
The TL gone yet? Wow that's almost a $150/month difference.

It's not gone yet, I'm taking delivery of the A4 on December 2nd.

And yeah, if the difference was like $50 or $70 more (I am not sure about $100-possibly) I would've gone with the 3. But, I don't know if it was $150 a month better than the A4, that adds up to $3600 saved by going with the Audi. And with the wait for stickshift, it killed the deal.

ro51092

Quote from: mazda6er on November 05, 2006, 05:02:01 PM
Congratulations  :rockon:

What color and options and all that?

Black on black

Looks just like this:

It's pretty standard, just has the premium package.

Raza

$369 a month!?

You got an awesome deal, mate.  At that price, I might pick one up.

I'm so proud of you.

Give it some time, and then once you're broken in, I'll get you some mods.  Did you get the sport suspension?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ro51092

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 05:24:00 PM
$369 a month!?

You got an awesome deal, mate.  At that price, I might pick one up.

I'm so proud of you.

Give it some time, and then once you're broken in, I'll get you some mods.  Did you get the sport suspension?

It is an awesome deal :praise:

and yeah, it has the sport suspension too.

nickdrinkwater

Congratulations!  Great choice, and beautiful car.  And congratulations on getting the 'stick' as you guys call it.  I'm sure it will be a blast to drive.

Hope to own an Audi one day.  Make sure you post pics when it comes!

SVT_Power

Whose the other person on the board with a A4 2.0t
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FlatBlackCaddy

congrats, have fun trying to keep that daily driven black car clean.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 05:28:05 PM

Morego can get you up to 272bhp for around $700, I think.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 05:45:37 PM
Morego can get you up to 272bhp for around $700, I think.

Sounds like he leased it though

SVT_Power

ro51092

Quote from: M_power on November 05, 2006, 06:03:54 PM

Yeah, I did. I did that with the intent of purchasing a BMW next. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. It is VERY possible that i will just purchase this one over. I don't want to be stuck with a crappy car for a long time. I can live with a crappy car for 2 years (I hope the A4 isn't- knock on wood). Just look at how I put up with the TL.  :praise:

SVT_Power

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 06:08:31 PM
Yeah, I did. I did that with the intent of purchasing a BMW next. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. It is VERY possible that i will just purchase this one over. I don't want to be stuck with a crappy car for a long time. I can live with a crappy car for 2 years (I hope the A4 isn't- knock on wood). Just look at how I put up with the TL.  :praise:

Surprised you didn't get it "stolen and set on fire"  :lol:

cawimmer430

You should have bought an Infiniti G35. :praise:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice ride. Show us some pics soon.  :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Raza

Quote from: M_power on November 05, 2006, 06:03:54 PM

It's a chip reflash.  It can be returned to stock.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ro51092

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 05, 2006, 06:15:58 PM

DAMN. I forgot about the Infiniti G35. It would OWN the Audi. In fact, it is so reliable that it will last longer than the Earth will. If I bought it, I would never have to buy another car for the rest of my life!

Infiniti G35

:lol:

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 06:38:27 PM
It's a chip reflash.  It can be returned to stock.

Really? I always thought it never really went back to normal

Raghavan

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 06:50:37 PM
DAMN. I forgot about the Infiniti G35. It would OWN the Audi. In fact, it is so reliable that it will last longer than the Earth will. If I bought it, I would never have to buy another car for the rest of my life!

Infiniti G35

Uh oh, looks like someone didn't do their research.
:rolleyes: :lol:

JYODER240

Congrats man, thats a great deal on a good car :ohyeah:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

AKL

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 05, 2006, 06:15:58 PM

Jake Miller hacked Wimmers account!

Congrads on your purchase, great car and great price. I can only afford a used A4  :(
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

SVT_Power

Quote from: AKL on November 05, 2006, 08:06:23 PM
Jake Miller hacked Wimmers account! Wimmer hacked Jake Miller's account!

Congrads on your purchase, great car and great price. I can only afford a used A4  :(

saxonyron

Quote from: M_power on November 05, 2006, 07:25:59 PM
I always remember it as saxomoron :lol: :lol:

I'm gonna hurt you, boy!? :rage:  :devil:

Eh, I'll let you pass this one time.  ;) 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 05:28:05 PM

Congratulations!!   :ohyeah:  I know you were heading for the BMW, but I'm glad this deal worked out for you.  You got the right combination, too.  The sport suspension is key, and the premium package is kind of essential or you won't feel like you're driving a luxury car.  You should have some real good times with this car.  Not a bad place to be for the next couple years! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on November 05, 2006, 08:34:21 PM
I'm gonna hurt you, boy!  :rage:  :devil:

Eh, I'll let you pass this one time.  ;) 

moron :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P