Tuner Mustangs

Started by Nethead, December 04, 2006, 10:05:57 AM

Nethead

Vortech Superchargers is finally selling complete high-performance vehicles: One hundred 2007 Vortech Edition Mustangs will be built, with Vortech's 3 yr/36,000 powertrain warranty and their V2-SQ S-Trim gear-driven centrigal supercharger with air-to-water dual-pass charge cooler at 8 pounds of boost.  Ford racing springs, shocks, and swaybars.  BMR lower control arms and adjustable Panhard rod.  Baer 14" vented discs stopping 20" wheels with 255s in front and 295s in back. Custom leather and extra gauges.  Fortunately, only an underbumper spoiler in front and a ducktail spoiler in back are added outside, although a black chrome grille (which duplicates the Mustang GT's grille minus the galloping pony) replaces the stock grille.
The Vortech Edition Mustang joins this growing list of tuner Mustangs, in no particular order:
1. SVT (the GT500, FR500C/FR500GT4, FR500S, FR500GT/FR500GT3, and the FR500CJ)
2. Shelby (the Shelby CS8, Shelby CS6, Shelby GT, Shelby GT-H, Shelby GT Supercharged, the Fortieth Anniversary GT500, the GT500KR, the GT500 Super Snake, the Shelby 427 GT500, the Shelby GTR Jerry Titus Tribute, the Prudhomme Edition Super Snake, and the Terlingua Racing Team Mustang :wub:--available in a naturally-aspirated or supercharged V6)
3. Saleen (the S281, S281 Supercharged, S281 Extreme, S281RF (Red Flag),the Parnelli Jones Edition, twenty-five 600 HP 200 MPH "Bad Boy" Mustangs, the 580 HP H281 Heritage Edition, twenty-four American Flag S281s, the Saleen 550 available only to Ford GT owners, twenty-five S302-E 620 HP Sterling Edition Mustangs, the Dan Gurney Signature Edition, and the 420S)
4. Steeda (the Torch Red Q, QS6, Q335 Club Racer, Q400, Q525, & the Q650)
5. Kenny Brown (the CSR & the CSR-69)
6. Roush (the Sport, Stage I, Stage II, Stage III, 427R, Roadster, 427R Drag-Pak, 427R Trak-Pak, the Mustang Drag Pak (50 total), the Blackjack, the 428R (200 total), the 429R, the P-51A (510 HP), the RTC, and the RS3/C)
7. Foose (the Stallion, naturally-aspirated or supercharged)
8. Xtreme Mustang Performance (the Crazy Horse Level I & Level II)
9. Cervini (the C300, C350, & the C500)
10. Dream Car Factory (the DCF 500 GT, 500 GT-S, & the 500 GT-R)
11. Fang Performance (the Street Pak, Track Pak, Track Pak II, & the Eliminator)
12. Black Widow Enterprises (the Ivan Tampi Edition)
13. Temple Performance Cars Legend Series (the Series I & the Series II in two versions)
14. Pure Power Motorsports (the Hubert Platt & Randy Payne Shadrach Mustang)
15. Cragar Wheels (the Cragar Special Edition)
16. Heritage Customs (the AJ Foyt Coyote Edition in Base and Supercharged versions)
17. GeigerCars of Germany (the GT520)
18. All-American Supercars (the Vortech Edition described above)
19. Shinoda Performance (the Boss Shinoda Mustang, in several stages from 350 HP to 750 HP)
20. Sanderson Sales & Marketing (the Custom Tribute Mustang)
21. Knudsen Automotive Design, LLC (the Rage Mustang)
22. Wheel to Wheel Powertrain (the AR500 Mustang with the Antonov two-stage supercharger)
23. Miller Motorsports Park (a race-prepared Mustang Challenge Car for $55,000--which may be marketed as the Mustang FR500S)
24. Hennessey Performance Engineering(the KR600 (a GT500 with a 2 yr/24,000 warranty), the KR 650, and the KR750 (750 HP/690 ft lbs, 11.2 @ 131 MPH, and 201 MPH top end)
25. Finishline Performance Design (the Dale Jarrett Performance Mustang)
26. Galpin Ford  (the Mustang Boss 302 available in Grabber Blue only--with a new 390 HP four-barrel-carburetored pushrod Boss 302, 4.56s, 20" Octane wheels, etc.)
27. Mark III Customs (the Mark III Mustang thru participating Ford dealerships)
28. Ultimate Autosports (the ES1, ES2, UPT, U66, U67, U68, and U69--bodykits, with optional superchargers or turbochargers, lowering springs, bigger wheels/tires, and custom interior pieces)
29. UK Garage of Milan, Italy (the U69--naturally-aspirated or 490 HP supercharged--with lots of '69/'70 Boss 302-looking body hardware and striping.  Possibly, this is a license-built Ultimate Autosports U69 mentioned above)
30. Big 3 Performance (the Street Comp Performance Package Mustang, with 650 HP)
31. Retrobuilt Super Cars (the RSC-GT Mustang with superchargers from either Roush, Paxton, or Vortech)
32. Guerin Engineering of Clearwater, FL (the Mustang GTS--very Mustang GT-R in appearance)
33. Blue Flame American Distributions Network is building naturally-aspirated or supercharged Mustangs for export to Japan (a Bullitt replica S197 and a Boss replica S197)
34. R&A Motorsports (the Twister Special Mustang--only 96 to be built, and only in Grabber Orange)  Tasteful aftermarket appearance options, mild performance options
35. Booze Brothers Performance (BBR) Limited Editions (the Pony or the Stallion, apparently)
36. Griggs Racing (the GR40ST, GR40TT, and GR40RT)
37. Ronaele (the 350R, 450R, 550R,. and 700R Monoceros)
38. Sherrod Conversions (the 300S and 500 JS)
39. Modular Power House (the Series 1, Series 2, and Series 2 Drag Pac)
40. The SMS (Steve Saleen's new company) 460 (460 HP-650 HP)
41. The 2009 1/2 Iacocca 45th Anniversay Edition Ford Mustang with a full fastback.  45 to be built to celebrate 45 years of continuous production.
42. The Reed Speed SSE twin-turbo, 700 HP 2010 Mustang thru Randall Reed Ford.
34.  Hurst Pace Car, 50 supercharged 2010 Mustang GT Premiums, with manual or automatic.
35.  Vaughn Gittin Jr's RTR and RTR-C (supercharged, with an all carbon-fiber body which reduces the overall weight to 3350 pounds).

Quite a list, and probably doesn't have 'em all... :praise:

This is a stampede, at the very least...Who would have thought just two years ago that a 500 HP GT500 would be sorta middle-of-the-pack in the Mustang tuner wars??  One of the 40-year-veteran SEMA VPs said it (the massive number of shops building Mustang tuner cars) "...is the greatest all-out avalanche in the history of aftermarket performance!  Not since the '32 Deuce flathead V8 has there been anything like this!"

The New Mustang Nation:  SCCA racing license not required, but VERY useful!
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

THIS is the golden age of the Mustang.  I love it.  I love it.  I love it.  I just wish I could afford to buy one.  :(

JYODER240

Even with 295rears this thing won't have enough traction. It will be a blast though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Nethead

HEMI666: Nah, Hemi, this is the SECOND golden age of the Mustang--the first one began on 4/17/64.   By 4/17/66, Ford had sold over 1,350,000 of 'em! 
Ford has made the Mustang young again, and those who couldn't enjoy the first golden age of the Mustang are now getting a second chance!  Life is goooooodddd!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 04, 2006, 11:51:00 AM
HEMI666: Nah, Hemi, this is the SECOND golden age of the Mustang--the first one began on 4/17/64.? ?By 4/17/66, Ford had sold over 1,350,000 of 'em!?
Ford has made the Mustang young again, and those who couldn't enjoy the first golden age of the Mustang are now getting a second chance!? Life is goooooodddd!
They may have sold more Mustang in the first few years of production, but never has there been so much selection, aftermarket, or interest in everything Mustang.

Nethead

JYoDeR240:  J.Y., Vortech has been melting tires since God played second base in Little League--note that their Mustang Vortech Edition has aftermarket lower control arms and an aftermarket adjustable Panhard rod.  They may not get a great deal of traction on street tires with 510 HP, but they'll build it so you can control it--well, most of it!  After forty-odd years, there's finally a car that Vortech thinks is great enough to bear their name (note their 3-year/36,000 mile warranty).  And they're right! 

Nethead

HEMI666: As we've come to expect from you, Hemi, every syllable of your posting is true!  SEMA records established years ago that Mustangs are the most-modified vehicles in the history of the Earth, and now it's a phenomenom!  Chip Foose alone is doing so much Mustang business that he's gone from 4 employees to 135--there's even a General Motors truck plant modifying Mustangs for him to keep their workers from being laid off!!!  Is that popularity, or what?  Hell, it's a feeding frenzy!!!

I wish Western Motorsports, Sean Hyland, and Multimatic would bring out their own Mustang versions so we could have annual "Battles of the Bad Boys" where the three of them each bring two of their Mustangs to a Canadian track (rotate the track each year, since Multimatic might have an unfair advantage at Mosport) and have at it for 200 miles!  Beats the pee out of NASCAR!  WooHoo!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 04, 2006, 12:14:33 PM
HEMI666: As we've come to expect from you, Hemi, every syllable of your posting is true!? SEMA records established years ago that Mustangs are the most-modified vehicles in the history of the Earth, and now it's a phenomenom!? Chip Foose alone is doing so much Mustang business that he's gone from 4 employees to 135--there's even a General Motors truck plant modifying Mustangs for him to keep their workers from being laid off!!!? Is that popularity, or what?? Hell, it's a feeding frenzy!!!

I wish Western Motorsports, Sean Hyland, and Multimatic would bring out their own Mustang versions so we could have annual "Battles of the Bad Boys" where the three of them each bring two of their Mustangs to a Canadian track (rotate the track each year, since Multimatic might have an unfair advantage at Mosport) and have at it for 200 miles!? Beats the pee out of NASCAR!? WooHoo!
Western Motorsports is a fairly small operation.  I think they only have 5 or 6 employees...including the two owners.  But, like you, I would love to see them produce their own cars.

LonghornTX

Nethead-

Do you have a link to any information or photos of this car?  I googled it and came up with nothing.  TIA
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Nethead

LonghornTX: Long, the details I gave were found at www.allfordmustangs.com in a press release by All-American SuperCars.  A google I did yesterday found the same press release in a coupla other locations, plus one original article about the Vortech Edition Mustang that commented on the equipment offered--but did not add any knowledge that you couldn't get from the press release.  Start with www.allfordmustangs.com, and google "Vortech Mustang" and similar terms 'til you find what you can--it may be a little early to find performance statistics (since it's Vortech, a sub-twelve-seconds quarter-mile may indeed be possible on the 295 Toyo Proxes found on the rear wheels.  The Steeda Q525 and this car ought to be very competitive with each other performance-wise!

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on December 05, 2006, 12:20:31 AM
Nethead-

Do you have a link to any information or photos of this car?? I googled it and came up with nothing.? TIA
Here you go:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/article_00774.shtml

FoMoJo

Quote from: Nethead on December 04, 2006, 11:51:00 AM
HEMI666: Nah, Hemi, this is the SECOND golden age of the Mustang--the first one began on 4/17/64.? ?By 4/17/66, Ford had sold over 1,350,000 of 'em!?
Ford has made the Mustang young again, and those who couldn't enjoy the first golden age of the Mustang are now getting a second chance!? Life is goooooodddd!
I agree, it's the second golden age of Mustangs.  I had two back then...a '66 and a '70 Mach I (351).  I'd love to get one of these new tuners but it's more of a fantasy than something that's really going to happen.  I'd also like to see the new BOSS that's rumoured to make an appearance...but it will have to go a long way to beat the original '69 and '70 in both appearance and impact.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 05, 2006, 09:53:05 AM
I agree, it's the second golden age of Mustangs.? I had two back then...a '66 and a '70 Mach I (351).? I'd love to get one of these new tuners but it's more of a fantasy than something that's really going to happen.? I'd also like to see the new BOSS that's rumoured to make an appearance...but it will have to go a long way to beat the original '69 and '70 in both appearance and impact.
It is most definitely the second Golden Age for the Mustang, however the choices, popularity, interest, and aftermarket support is at an all time high.

SVT666

We're also living in a time when a stock Mustang GT is faster then any of the mighty Mustangs produced in the 60s and 70s.

Nethead

HEMI666:  What we need here is a union of Western Motorsports, Multimatic, and Sean Hyland to build special edition Mustangs, first in Torch Red with a 20" high Torch Red Mapleleaf outlined in white on each flank!  Sean Hyland would be responsible for providing hot engines and transmissions; all handling & braking designs and hardware would be selected or manufactured by Multimatic; and WMS would handle the body, interior, and customization.  The Legal Dept of FoMoCo would study the contracts to see if the Aston Martin V12 could be an option, and in return the Canada Rocks Corporation would allow Aston Martin to have exclusive marketing rights outside North America.  Base engine would be the R50 version of the 5.0 'Cammer using Ford GT emissions gear to be street-legal.  Next up would be the Ford GT engine (Ford GTs don't need them anymore, huh?), and the top version would have either the full Koenigsegg CCX package that yields 806 HP and 678 feet pounds of torque or a Sean Hyland enhanced 6.0 V12 Vanquish engine.  If Aston won't exchange use of their V12 for marketing rights, then Canada Rocks Corporation would offer the same deal to Koenigsegg for the use of their 4700cc version of the 'Cammer, with the Koenigsegg shield offset to the right in that concave rear panel between the taillights.  And finally, the ultimate Canada Rocks Corporation Mustang would offer the Haldex 4WD (upgraded as necessary) from Volvo in addition to the engines mentioned here--an especially handy option in Canada, the northern US, northern Europe, and northern Asia.  Scott Maxwell and David Empringham would drive the lead car at LeMans...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 05, 2006, 10:13:24 AM
HEMI666:? What we need here is a union of Western Motorsports, Multimatic, and Sean Hyland to build special edition Mustangs, first in Torch Red with a 20" high Torch Red Mapleleaf outlined in white on each flank!? Sean Hyland would be responsible for providing hot engines and transmissions; all handling & braking designs and hardware would be selected or manufactured by Multimatic; and WMS would handle the body, interior, and customization.? The Legal Dept of FoMoCo would study the contracts to see if the Aston Martin V12 could be an option, and in return the Canada Rocks Corporation would allow Aston Martin to have exclusive marketing rights outside North America.? Base engine would be the R50 version of the 5.0 'Cammer using Ford GT emissions gear to be street-legal.? Next up would be the Ford GT engine (Ford GTs don't need them anymore, huh?), and the top version would have either the full Koenigsegg CCX package that yields 806 HP and 678 feet pounds of torque or a Sean Hyland enhanced 6.0 V12 Vanquish engine.? If Aston won't exchange use of their V12 for marketing rights, then Canada Rocks Corporation would offer the same deal to Koenigsegg for the use of their 4700cc version of the 'Cammer, with the Koenigsegg shield offset to the right in that concave rear panel between the taillights.? And finally, the ultimate Canada Rocks Corporation Mustang would offer the Haldex 4WD (upgraded as necessary) from Volvo in addition to the engines mentioned here--an especially handy option in Canada, the northern US, northern Europe, and northern Asia.? Scott Maxwell and David Empringham would drive the lead car at LeMans...
Sorry to have to disagree with you Nethead, but a Mustang is not a Mustangs with AWD.  Besides, I have my doubts that you could actually get even a 4.6L to mount transversely in a Mustang engine compartment, nevermind one that is blown or even the Aston Martin V12. 

Unfortunately your plan for the Canada Rocks Corporation (I totally dig the name) is not really all that possible since Western Motorsports is located in Calgary and Sean Hyland is 1700 miles away in Woodstock, Ontario and Multimatic is a 2 hours away from Sean Hyland in Toronto.  Only one person I know of could modify a Mustang correctly in both the interior and exterior customization and the performance aspect.....me.  Unfortunately I don't have the money, so your dreams of the ultimate Canadian production Mustang have been squashed.

BTW, have you seen the Sean Hyland GT500 engine package?

SHM 6.0L Shelby GT500 Longblock
All the great components found in the 6.0l shortblock, this SHM 6.0L Shelby Longblock features fully ported Ford GT heads, with advanced beehive springs, stainless oversize valves, hardened retainers, combustion chamber reshaping, valve intake and exhaust unshrouding, and a full polish for high performance street/race use. Comes complete from valve covers to oil pan.
$16995 Outright.

Nethead

HEMI666:? Cheer up, Hemidude!? Waaay back in 1964, Ol' Shel' was getting AC Ace bodies from somewhere in the United Kingdom (once upon a time, I would have known where exactly), 427 engines from Holman & Moody in Charlotte, NC, and assembled them into the greatest sports car up to that time in Riverside, CA.? These distances are comparable to the distances you have described in Canada--but there is minimal international red tape (basic Mustang bodies-in-white do come from Michigan--but Multimatic already knows how to deal with that since they import Mustang bodies-in-white to create FR500Cs).? It's gotta be easier than getting AC Ace bodies from the UK!!? Now, the Nethead here doesn't know where the Aston Martin V12 is created by Ford, but I will take a stab at Michigan somewhere.? 'Same for the V8s used in the Koenigseggs--the long blocks for these are probably shipped to Sweden from somewhere in Michigan, too.?
Start a public relations campaign in Canada for this venture via the www--it's time Canada showed the automotive world what native talent (WMS, Multimatic, and Sean Hyland) plus organizational skills (that would be you) can accomplish!? The Nethead here will accept a position in marketing.? Make sure that Mapleleaf is prominent (20" high sounds good for starters to the Nethead here) on the flank of every Canada Rocks Corporation Mustang!? Seek out Canadian sources for subcomponents whenever possible (WMS makes some terrific cold air intake hardware, for example) and broadcast that fact into every corner of Canada.? Offer internships to all Canadian engineering students to spend their summers creating, evaluating, and testing ideas on how to improve the CRC Mustang.? Offer interested high school students summer job opportunites in the assembly process.? Offer technical and vocational colleges the chance to offer their students hands-on welding, roll cage fabricating, intake polishing, engine blue-printing, automotive painting, yada yada yada courses at the CRC Mustang manufacturing facilities.? And then go gunning for those other tuner Mustangs I listed at the start of this thread!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 05, 2006, 12:40:15 PM
HEMI666:? Cheer up, Hemidude!? Waaay back in 1964, Ol' Shel' was getting AC Ace bodies from somewhere in the United Kingdom (once upon a time, I would have known where exactly), 427 engines from Holman & Moody in Charlotte, NC, and assembled them into the greatest sports car up to that time in Riverside, CA.? These distances are comparable to the distances you have described in Canada--but there is minimal international red tape (basic Mustang bodies-in-white do come from Michigan--but Multimatic already knows how to deal with that since they import Mustang bodies-in-white to create FR500Cs).? It's gotta be easier than getting AC Ace bodies from the UK!!? Now, the Nethead here doesn't know where the Aston Martin V12 is created by Ford, but I will take a stab at Michigan somewhere.? 'Same for the V8s used in the Koenigseggs--the long blocks for these are probably shipped to Sweden from somewhere in Michigan, too.?
Start a public relations campaign in Canada for this venture via the www--it's time Canada showed the automotive world what native talent (WMS, Multimatic, and Sean Hyland) plus organizational skills (that would be you) can accomplish!? The Nethead here will accept a position in marketing.? Make sure that Mapleleaf is prominent (20" high sounds good for starters to the Nethead here) on the flank of every Canada Rocks Corporation Mustang!? Seek out Canadian sources for subcomponents whenever possible (WMS makes some terrific cold air intake hardware, for example) and broadcast that fact into every corner of Canada.? Offer internships to all Canadian engineering students to spend their summers creating evaluating, and testing ideas on how to improve the CRC Mustang.? Offer interested high school students summer job opportunites in the assembly process.? Offer technical and vocational colleges the chance to offer their students hands-on welding, roll cage fabricating, intake polishing, engine blue-printing, automotive painting, yada yada yada courses at the CRC Mustang manufacturing facilities.? And then go gunning for those other tuner Mustangs I listed at the start of this thread!
You need somewhere to let all your energy out Nethead.  I've got the perfect logo for this company you want me to start.  I designed it and had it tattood on my upper arm.  I even got it copyrited.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Nethead on December 05, 2006, 08:13:18 AM
LonghornTX: Long, the details I gave were found at www.allfordmustangs.com in a press release by All-American SuperCars.  A google I did yesterday found the same press release in a coupla other locations, plus one original article about the Vortech Edition Mustang that commented on the equipment offered--but did not add any knowledge that you couldn't get from the press release.  Start with www.allfordmustangs.com, and google "Vortech Mustang" and similar terms 'til you find what you can--it may be a little early to find performance statistics (since it's Vortech, a sub-twelve-seconds quarter-mile may indeed be possible on the 295 Toyo Proxes found on the rear wheels.  The Steeda Q525 and this car ought to be very competitive with each other performance-wise!
Thanks, to bad they do not mention a price.  I assume ~50K, right?
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Nethead

HEMI666: Hemi, if it's good enough to be a tattoo, it's gotta be good!  The Nethead here figures it ain't "HEMI666", but beyond that it could be anything.  Since the logo has been copyrighted, you are safe sharing it with the forum brothers and sisters gathered here!
BTW, Mustangs have never been 4WD, but once upon a time they weren't four-wheel discs, either!  Nor OHC engines...Nor fuel-injected...yada yada yada.  All these upgrades gradually came to pass, and Canada Rocks Corporation has taken Mustangs another step forward by offering 4WD!  And why not a transfer case with at least two ratios and the reverse-cut Ford 8.8-incher from the front of 4WD Explorers?  (The Nethead prefers Ford 9-inchers--and just over a year ago some company whose name I have at home began offering the first reverse-cut 9" gears in history so that now the world's greatest and best differential can grace the front as well as the rear of your vehicle!).  I gotta git for now!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 05, 2006, 01:45:21 PM
HEMI666: Hemi, if it's good enough to be a tattoo, it's gotta be good!? The Nethead here figures it ain't "HEMI666", but beyond that it could be anything.? Since the logo has been copyrighted, you are safe sharing it with the forum brothers and sisters gathered here!
BTW, Mustangs have never been 4WD, but once upon a time they weren't four-wheel discs, either!? Nor OHC engines...Nor fuel-injected...yada yada yada.? All these upgrades gradually came to pass, and Canada Rocks Corporation has taken Mustangs another step forward by offering 4WD!? And why not a transfer case with at least two ratios and the reverse-cut Ford 8.8-incher from the front of 4WD Explorers?? (The Nethead prefers Ford 9-inchers--and just over a year ago some company whose name I have at home began offering the first reverse-cut 9" gears in history so that now the world's greatest and best differential can grace the front as well as the rear of your vehicle!).? I gotta git for now!
I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room for a diff in the front.  Besides it would make the car even more nose heavy, and that's the last thing the Mustang needs.  I would rather have a raw, rwd, V8, tire scorcher.  It's the one thing I have always loved about the Mustang, it's raw simplicity.

SVT666

I will share the tattoo when I get around to taking a picture of it.  :ohyeah:

SVT666

Alright, so here is my tattoo.  It's a little fuzzy cause I took the picture myself.  I don't really want it getting out because it is one of a kind and I would like ot keep it that way.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/hemi666/Tattoo.jpg

SVT_Power

Beard, semi-large, tattoo, ... are you American Hemi?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: M_power on December 05, 2006, 08:42:08 PM
Beard, semi-large, tattoo, ... are you American Hemi?
You don't recognize a maple leaf when you see one?  BTW, it's goatee.

FoMoJo

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 05, 2006, 08:38:24 PM
Alright, so here is my tattoo.? It's a little fuzzy cause I took the picture myself.? I don't really want it getting out because it is one of a kind and I would like ot keep it that way.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/hemi666/Tattoo.jpg

Nice stylization...it would look pretty good on the hood...sort of like the Firebird hood graphic...of a CRC Mustung :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Nethead

HEMI666:? GREAT tattoo--I can see why you're proud of it and why you want it to be exclusively yours!? I've never seen another one like it!

About 4WD--only as an option, of course.? It adds complexity, but 4WD also adds traction--not a trade-off everyone would make, and I doubt if the Nethead here would either since even 2WD is often above my modest means.? Nevertheless, all those tuner Mustangs are for the well-heeled--those seventy-five 900 HP twin-turbo Shadrach Mustangs that will be built go for $175,000 (more $$$ than Ford GTs)--so there are folks with the dough out there and they are fueling the tuner Mustang frenzy that seems to be everywhere (that 520 HP Mustang GT520 by GeigerCars.de is built in Germany where they don't even sell regular Mustangs)!
And speaking of the tuner Mustang frenzy, I happened across an ad for another one last night!? The Sanderson Sales and Marketing "Custom Tribute" Mustang--120 2006s and 2007s to be built offering 300 HP to 600 HP.? They are very much in the vein of the many tuner Mustangs that dress up a current S197 to resemble the G.T. 500s of 1967 and 1968--a la "Eleanor"--but Steve Sanderson (God bless him!) trashes that gaudy faux gas cap in the center of the recessed panel that contains the taillights!!? And like some others, Sanderson is also gonna re-issue 25 1967 and 1968 Mustangs that have been rotisserie restored and doubtless given the early G.T. 500 scoops treatment.? I've added the Custom Tribute Mustang to the list of tuner Mustangs in the opening posting to this thread.
Forty-two years and still goin' strong!

Nethead

FoMoJo:? Fo! Dude! Great to see you in this thread and in the CarSPIN forums!? I loved your postings in that cantankerous Car & Driver sorry excuse for a forum and I am delighted that you have joined us here!!? Actually, the C&D forums were OK, but it was such a pisser to use!
And Fo, thank you for using that Einstein quote--I had heard it and LOL'd decades ago, but like so many other things the gray cells where it was stored had committed suicide and left me lacking yet again!  That's one terrific quote!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on December 07, 2006, 07:00:38 AM
HEMI666:? GREAT tattoo--I can see why you're proud of it and why you want it to be exclusively yours!? I've never seen another one like it!
Thanks a lot.

QuoteAbout 4WD--only as an option, of course.? It adds complexity, but 4WD also adds traction--not a trade-off everyone would make, and I doubt if the Nethead here would either since even 2WD is often above my modest means.? Nevertheless, all those tuner Mustangs are for the well-heeled--those seventy-five 900 HP twin-turbo Shadrach Mustangs that will be built go for $175,000 (more $$$ than Ford GTs)--so there are folks with the dough out there and they are fueling the tuner Mustang frenzy that seems to be everywhere (that 520 HP Mustang GT520 by GeigerCars.de is built in Germany where they don't even sell regular Mustangs)!
I hear what you're saying, but here is what I would like to see.  I would like to see affordable tuner Mustangs.  Lowering kit and supercharger (400-425hp).  That's it, and sell it for $37K or $38K.  It can be done.  That way you open it up to a whole new demographic and Ford can still provide a warranty.  Otherwise people will spend the same amount and lose their warranty.  Offer options for wheels and rubber, a ducktail spoiler, spoiler delete, exhaust systems, rear seat deletes, strut tower braces, etc.  But the basic package would be what I described.  Saleen's base model is 320hp, but costs $20K more then a stock GT because you're paying for body kits, seats, etc. that don't make the car faster or more powerful. 

Nethead

HEMI666:? Terrific response, Hemi!? Yeah, gills, wings, scoops, aprons, vents, louvers and related feminine hygiene products crap up a lot of decent Mustangs!? For the Mustang you describe, Ford needs to work out a deal with Vortech Superchargers for volume production of just the Mustang you describe--Vortech provides a powertrain warranty of 3 yrs/36 mos on their Vortech Edition Mustang--including all the Ford powertrain parts (testimony to their confidence in their equipment and the basic hardware provided by Ford in every Mustang GT).? Vortechs ain't screwchargers, like Ford favors, but their centrifugals are hot, hot stuff!
1. Mustang GT--less the rear wing
2. Lowered suspension
3. Intercooled Vortech exactly as found on the Vortech Edition Mustang, chip calibrated per Vortech specs
4. Exhaust designed to get the most out of the 3-valve 281 with the Vortech centrifugal
5. Optional wheels & tires (optional, because some dudes & chicks will have sets of wheels and tires they want to use--possibly taken from the vehicle they will trade for this Mustang)
6. Serious window tint (once you have one of these, you become an instant celebrity and you want to avoid the prying photos of all the effin' papparazzi)
7. No faux gas cap in the rear, no "GT" side emblems, Bullitt fuel door optional?
8. Optional hood pins
9. Optional one-piece driveshaft with big universals--maybe not optional
10. 3.73 standard, other ratios optional
11. Clutch options?
12. Tremec 6060 optional?
13. Everything else is regulation Mustang GT, with audio delete, antenna delete, air conditioning delete, etc.
14. $35,000 with the 5-speed manual