Anti-VW Club

Started by Vinsanity, December 07, 2006, 04:36:58 PM

rohan

Black- no cream- no sugar.  You know - the way men drink coffee not some sissy boy hot cocoa.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

JYODER240

Quote from: rohan on December 11, 2006, 11:27:02 PM
Black- no cream- no sugar.? You know - the way men drink coffee not some sissy boy hot cocoa.

Thats the way my dad drinks it. Tastes like piss.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SJ_GTI

I actually drink Wawa coffee more than Starbucks coffee. My routine with starbucks was to grab a grande white mocha before I went to class (since there was one right between the parking garage and building my classes are in).

Wawa coffee is really good IMHO.

I was a big fan of Tim Horton's when I was in Montreal, but Wawa is better.  :rockon:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 12, 2006, 06:38:52 AM
I actually drink Wawa coffee more than Starbucks coffee. My routine with starbucks was to grab a grande white mocha before I went to class (since there was one right between the parking garage and building my classes are in).

Wawa coffee is really good IMHO.

I was a big fan of Tim Horton's when I was in Montreal, but Wawa is better. :rockon:

I generally take a venti White Chocolate Mocha Frap at Starbucks... btu lately I've taken to the Iced Cappuccino with a shot of French Vanilla. It's equally great-tasting at half the price of Starbucks. Also, Tim Horton's doesn't take credit or debit card... so I'm forced to use Starbucks whne I don't have any cash on me or in my car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 12, 2006, 06:51:19 AM
I generally take a venti White Chocolate Mocha Frap at Starbucks... btu lately I've taken to the Iced Cappuccino with a shot of French Vanilla.

Sounds to me like you generally take it up the ass.

QuoteAlso, Tim Horton's doesn't take credit or debit card... so I'm forced to use Starbucks whne I don't have any cash on me or in my car.

:confused:

Tim Hortons doesn't take debit or credit? What kind of ghetto do you live in anyway?

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 93JC on December 12, 2006, 07:57:59 AM

Tim Hortons doesn't take debit or credit? What kind of ghetto do you live in anyway?

Ouch!!!  :confused:

:lol:

The Pirate

Quote from: TurboDan on December 11, 2006, 11:13:49 PM
I like the Vanilla Bean Frappacino.  But, however, I absolutely REFUSE to refer to sizes in their "Starbucks language."  It's SMALL, MEDIUM, or LARGE!

I've been to several Starbucks where the employees themselves don't even understand the sizing.  I've ordered a venti before, and they are looking at the menu with a confused expression.  That's just bad.

So yeah, I go with small, medium, and large now too.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 11, 2006, 11:11:03 AM
Regarding the iPod, I actually think that is funny. Mac's are certainly "trendy" and VW absolutely tries to be (though I am not sure they succeed, outside of the interweb I have never met anyone that bought a VW because they thought it was "cool"). Raza has certainly made fun of me before because I do own a VW, I do own a Mac (though not an iPod yet  :P ), and I do like to stop at Starbucks for coffee on a regular basis.  :nono:

:lol:

You also have long hair.  Hippie!

But Starbucks, really?  We have fair trade coffee shops on campus, and even they are cheaper than Starbucks.  That said, I have hit a Starbucks now and then.  Four, maybe five times, I think.  Maybe a little more.  I was with a girl for a while who loved the place, so we would go there sometimes.  She always had a drink with whipped cream and and a straw, and I'd usually get a coffee.  If it were a Friday and I was awfully tired, I'd ask them to dump a shot of espresso in there.  That is the one thing I do like.  It's like extra strong coffee.  But the fair trade shops do that too.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 93JC on December 12, 2006, 07:57:59 AM

Tim Hortons has recently introduced a new "fast service motto" in Ontario... which includes not taking the time to go through debit/credit machines.

I live in a pretty nice part of Toronto actually so not a ghetto ;)

Raza

Quote from: rohan on December 11, 2006, 11:27:02 PM
Black- no cream- no sugar.  You know - the way men drink coffee not some sissy boy hot cocoa.

I used to drink it without cream for the longest time, and then black, and then we had Splenda arrive on the market. 

Also, Ikea rocks!

On top of that; Wawa.... :rockon:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza on December 12, 2006, 08:57:41 AM
Also, Ikea rocks!

well, there's one thing we agree on.

Alas, no Wawa here. oh well.

Raghavan

Maybe i should try another kind of Frap. at Starbucks for once....

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 12, 2006, 08:49:49 AM
Tim Hortons has recently introduced a new "fast service motto" in Ontario... which includes not taking the time to go through debit/credit machines.

I live in a pretty nice part of Toronto actually so not a ghetto ;)

Well, I don't understand why you wouldn't just pay cash anyway. What's the most you're going to spend on Timmy-Ho's: five bucks? Ten?

You might as well just go to a bank machine and get a twenty beforehand. There's got to be bank machines all over the place in Toronto. I don't have to walk further than a couple blocks from work or home to find a bank machine.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 12, 2006, 10:18:59 AM
well, there's one thing we agree on.

Alas, no Wawa here. oh well.

I'm in the middle of Pennsylvania right now, so there's no Wawa here, either.   :(

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza on December 12, 2006, 10:45:26 AM
I'm in the middle of Pennsylvania right now, so there's no Wawa here, either.? ?:(

That sucks.

I do recall missing Wawa when I was at Rutgers. They may have existed somewhere in that general area, but none were actually near campus (and I only drove my car on weekends or on very rare occasions...).

sandertheshark

Raza

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 12, 2006, 12:18:08 PM
That sucks.

I do recall missing Wawa when I was at Rutgers. They may have existed somewhere in that general area, but none were actually near campus (and I only drove my car on weekends or on very rare occasions...).

There was a Wawa right by Atco Raceway, as I recall.  They get flooded after the races let out, since everyone goes there to fill up.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sparkplug

A beer in the morning. A shot of whiskey at noon. And a pint of moonshine at dinner. Finally, AA afterwards. and say "Take me drunk, I'm home."

Nah, I'd rather have water.

What's this anti-VW rant. VW's are great cars. I just don't like any of them because they're made somewhere else usually by a foreign manufacture. Sometimes they break down and won't start. But really a safe vehicle is one that can't get in an accident anyway. Right??

TheIntrepid

Quote from: sparkplug on December 12, 2006, 09:32:57 PM
A beer in the morning. A shot of whiskey at noon. And a pint of moonshine at dinner. Finally, AA afterwards. and say "Take me drunk, I'm home."

Okay. :lol:

TurboDan

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 12, 2006, 12:18:08 PM
That sucks.

Wawa is expanding.  I used to only see them down by Long Beach Island.  There are now quite a few in Monmouth County.  I was told the heroes/subs/hoagies they sell there are pretty good. 

FlatBlackCaddy

Lets get back on topic here.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 29, 2006, 10:03:04 AM

My GTI wil pwn your MS6 biotch!!!!

Wawa hoagies aren't anything special, but they are relatively good for being in a convenience store.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 29, 2006, 10:03:04 AM

LOL

I cannot mess with any VWs beyond the A3 Jetta/Golf...except maaayyyyybe for the 1.8t pre-facelift B5 Passat.