Road Rage

Started by TheIntrepid, January 14, 2007, 12:39:39 PM

heelntoe

who said they'll catch up?
@heelntoe

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 25, 2007, 08:18:21 AM
Generally the Asian ones around here have knives. That wouldn't be too smart.

What are they going to do throw it out the window at me?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 25, 2007, 08:39:06 AM
What are they going to do throw it out the window at me?

Run you off the road and stab you?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 25, 2007, 08:47:35 AM
Run you off the road and stab you?

Do you think I live in Compton or something? And what am I going to to do unlock the doors for them?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 25, 2007, 08:49:48 AM
Do you think I live in Compton or something? And what am I going to to do unlock the doors for them?

:lol: :huh: I don't know where you live :P

heelntoe

right, but they have to be near you to be doing that.
@heelntoe

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 25, 2007, 08:00:39 AM
It's even better to pull up next to a ricer who has a girl in the passenger seat look over blow a kiss and then wink at her. The ricer will then try to race you. It fun to hit on his girl and then embarass his car.

That's always a classic as well. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

etypeJohn

Quote from: SaltyDog on January 24, 2007, 11:02:35 PM
My psych teacher was saying that all the media reports that road rage is on the rise is BS.? They show a few accounts of it happening in the area are want you to assume there are many other like cases.? In reality, they just got a clever new term for something that has been happening for as long as there have been cars and roads.? Studys show road rage is actually going down in recent years.

Whether it is on the rise, on the decline or steady there is still no excuse for driving like as ass.

James Young

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 23, 2007, 06:53:38 PM
btw, how did you know the Mustang was really the fuzz?

I could see his LA County uniform, complete with patches.
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

sparkplug

Quote from: James Young on January 25, 2007, 07:24:42 PM
I could see his LA County uniform, complete with patches.

maybe he just collects patches.

Nebtek2002

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2007, 06:00:02 AM
People who try to get "revenge" on people who don't drive curteously or try to "teach them manners" are as bad or worse than the poor drivers.

Amen to that!

And, incidentally, I've found that in most cases where your exit is to the left, you can never please the "teachers". If you signal and  get over within 1/2 mile of the exit, you're "one of those assholes who was told 3 miles ago to get over but instead waited 'til the last minute to cut me off."
If you get over 3 miles up the road, when you first learn that you need to exit left, then you're a "sonofabitchin left-lane camper".

In Iowa, where the State Patrol's greed is at cross-purposes with the Tourism Department's desire to make the State look "tourist friendly" if you have an out-of-state plate, you must drive at or below the limit, regardless of how fast the locals want to drive.

Unfortunately, if you're an out-of-stater driving eastbound I-80 in Des Moines and looking to exit to the left onto northbound I-35, the locals will scream bloody murder at you for doing no more than the limit despite the fact that they KNOW that there's a much lower limit for you than for them.

If you don't want me "camping" in your left lane enroute to my exit, lobby to get the official speed limit set up to the speed you locals actually want to drive and I'll drive that fast.

Raza

Left exits are rather rare where I live.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on January 26, 2007, 04:58:13 AM
Left exits are rather rare where I live.

There are a few off the DC Beltway.

The Pirate

Quote from: ifcar on January 26, 2007, 05:17:14 AM

Hehehe, I hate left exits on the beltway (and in general).  I was driving to FL for spring break one year (3 guys and luggage packed into my buddy's 1994 or so Chevy Cavalier) and we missed our exit because it was a left lane, and I didn't get over in time.  I took the next exit, and figured we'd double back and hit it again.  Didn't work, as we got lost and couldn't get back on the beltway.  We stopped at a gas station to fill up and get some directions (this was after cruising the streets in the area, trying to find how to get back on).  The guy gave us this way that avoided the rest of the bedlam, we ended up heading south on a county road of sorts, and then caught up with I-95 a bit later.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Nebtek2002

Quote from: ifcar on January 26, 2007, 05:17:14 AM

Ah, digression! The mention of DC reminds me of the time I got thoroughly lost in Alexandria.

I went into a mini-mart presided over by the prototype of "The Simpsons" Apu and asked how to get to the street I wanted.

"Apu" spun his body counterclockwise and said "Go around".
In that the first street I would have come to in following his instructions was little more than alley, I was inclined not to take it, but the man gestured "Go around" once again through the store window so emphatically and more-complex instructions got me into this mess to begin with , so I followed the simple "Go around" and hoped for the best.

The alley became a little-wider one-way street with "No Parking" signs on both sides,became a normal-looking two-way street ,and finally intersected with the street I was looking for.

Overexplainers got me lost. Two simple words got me out of it. There's a moral there somewhere.

dazzleman

Quote from: Nebtek2002 on January 26, 2007, 10:42:38 AM

Overexplainers got me lost. Two simple words got me out of it. There's a moral there somewhere.

I tend to be an overexplainer.  Greg (Catman) is actually great at summing things up in 5 words or less.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on January 26, 2007, 08:06:50 PM
I tend to be an overexplainer.

Yes the elderly do tend to ramble.

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on January 26, 2007, 08:06:50 PM
I tend to be an overexplainer.  Greg (Catman) is actually great at summing things up in 5 words or less.

Yeah, but he has a gun and handcuffs, so it doesn't count.

:lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

AKL

That's so true. But their shitty cars can't catch me  :ohyeah:

I see way to many here. I hate how their coffee can exhausts make SO MUCH noise.

---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

mazda6er

Anyone ever get the urge to just run down pedestrians? I mean, sure it seems illegal, but who really knows?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

omicron

No, Mark. Shasta's long gone. Pirate, too.

mazda6er

Quote from: omicron on January 26, 2007, 10:59:12 PM
No, Mark. Shasta's long gone. Pirate, too.
Why do they all have to leave me?! They said I was "special'!  :cry:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

omicron

Quote from: mazda6er on January 26, 2007, 11:00:34 PM
Why do they all have to leave me?! They said I was "special'! :cry:

Correction! They said your swashbuckling member was useful.

Tave

Quote from: mazda6er on January 26, 2007, 10:52:51 PM
Anyone ever get the urge to just run down pedestrians? I mean, sure it seems illegal, but who really knows?

Just the ones who take a diagonal path across the street. I can't stand that; walk perpindicular to the road, it's so easy!
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SaltyDog on January 24, 2007, 11:02:35 PM
My ... teacher was saying
Don't want to sound like an 'intelligent-butt' but you should never repeat those words again.  Just say, "Someone said" or "I heard"...    :devil:

Was it Dave Barry that had the idea we all (the decent drivers anyways  :lol: ) have paintball guns??
You see an "infraction" and you shoot them with a certain color, so the cops know who to pull over.  Different colors for different 'smooth moves'..
Will

dsred

Leave it to a ricer to bring a knife to a gunfight.... :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: dsred on January 27, 2007, 11:19:14 AM
Leave it to a ricer to bring a knife to a gunfight.... :ohyeah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

heelntoe

i really laughed out loud for that one.
@heelntoe