C&D's 5Best Trucks

Started by VetteZ06, January 26, 2007, 10:43:15 PM

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on January 31, 2007, 01:06:31 PM
Rattles, trim problems, and suspension problems mostly.
I'm speaking from personal experience.  I don't have a single rattle, squeak, suspension, trim, or any other problem then my door seal.  I have 54,000 kms on my truck and I don't baby it in the least.  In fact I offroad with it fairly often and I have hauled multiple loads over 2000 lbs in the box.

QuoteI know two people who had major front suspension problems , one had a strut mount crack into pieces after a single winter's worth of corrosion - he owns an F-250 now.
Interesting.  The 2006 model was the first model that used struts.

QuoteThese are mostly the last generation Dodges, but these tales, combined with the mediocre and below average reliability rankings of most Chrysler and Jeep products till this very day, lead me away from wanting to own any Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge product in the near future. I really don't think they've made the quality strides Ford and GM have in the last five years. I'm not saying they're bad trucks, I'm just saying I wouldn't buy one over a Ford, GM, or even Toyota truck. Might concider one over a Nissan though, I'm not as gung-ho about that company as I used to be.
-FordSVT-
I agree with you on a lot of what you said, however the trucks seem to be the only thing they build right now that are of quality.  There are always lemons, and my neighbours F-150 is one of them.  The only things in Chrysler's lineup that I would buy right now are the Dodge pickups and the LX cars.  I love the 300C and Magnum, but there are a few interior things I don't like that I think not only look cheap, but they are cheap that might stop me from buying one (like the chrome rings around the shifters for example).