Started by SVT666, April 02, 2007, 09:32:42 AM

Which would you buy?

Shelby GT
26 (57.8%)
350Z
19 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

SVT666

I picked the Shelby GT to use in this poll because it is the version of the Mustang that competes with the 350Z in both price and handling performance.

SVT666

Mustang....duh! :ohyeah:

goldenlover1101

Mustang. I like the 350Z but that Shelby GT is Hot! and nothing beats V8 power.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

850CSi

Easy one for me... 'Stang.

ro51092

I'll have to think about this one.

On another note, why is there a Shelby GT as the Mustang picture, and a stripper, basic, boring Z as the Z picture? Bias, eh? :devil:

JYODER240

Whats different about the Shelby GT from a regular GT?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Stang, though the 350z actually falls pretty much between the Shelby GT and the regular GT in price.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

MX793

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 02, 2007, 09:50:50 AM
Whats different about the Shelby GT from a regular GT?

It's basically a Mustang GT with the Ford Racing Power Pack and Handling pack installed and some Shelby styling touches.  The Power Pack gives you 25 extra horsepower through a better exhaust, reprogrammed ECU, and a CAI.  Also includes a shorter rearend gear and a short-throw shifter.  Handling pack lowers the car, and adds stiffer shocks and anti-roll bars and a strut tower brace.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Easiest question since "are you a vegetarian?"

Mustang. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: MX793 on April 02, 2007, 10:00:22 AM
It's basically a Mustang GT with the Ford Racing Power Pack and Handling pack installed and some Shelby styling touches.? The Power Pack gives you 25 extra horsepower through a better exhaust, reprogrammed ECU, and a CAI.? Also includes a shorter rearend gear and a short-throw shifter.? Handling pack lowers the car, and adds stiffer shocks and anti-roll bars and a strut tower brace.

Thanks.

I really like my Z so I wouldn't be able to tell which I'd pick without a test drive.

ro51092

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on April 02, 2007, 10:00:22 AM
It's basically a Mustang GT with the Ford Racing Power Pack and Handling pack installed and some Shelby styling touches.  The Power Pack gives you 25 extra horsepower through a better exhaust, reprogrammed ECU, and a CAI.  Also includes a shorter rearend gear and a short-throw shifter.  Handling pack lowers the car, and adds stiffer shocks and anti-roll bars and a strut tower brace.

It's probably the best version of this new Mustang yet.  You get alot of extra handling bits, and a little more power (without it overpowering the experience).  I could do with new color combinations and without that little scoop, but there's no wing (Mustangs look so good without the wing; were I to buy one, I would get one with a spoiler delete) and you get everything else.  As it stands, I guess I would have to go with the white/silver combo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: ro51092 on April 02, 2007, 09:49:28 AM
I'll have to think about this one.

On another note, why is there a Shelby GT as the Mustang picture, and a stripper, basic, boring Z as the Z picture? Bias, eh? :devil:
To be honest I didn't even know the 350Z in the picture was a base model.

JYODER240

When does the Shelby GT go on sale?

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on April 02, 2007, 09:52:19 AM
Stang, though the 350z actually falls pretty much between the Shelby GT and the regular GT in price.
It's closer in price to the Shelby then it is to the GT in the US...and where I am the 350Z is the same price as a GT500.

Raza

There's the Grand Touring.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8406.msg404123#msg404123 date=1175530139
It's probably the best version of this new Mustang yet.? You get alot of extra handling bits, and a little more power (without it overpowering the experience).? I could do with new color combinations and without that little scoop, but there's no wing (Mustangs look so good without the wing; were I to buy one, I would get one with a spoiler delete) and you get everything else.? As it stands, I guess I would have to go with the white/silver combo.
I love that riveted on hood scoop.  It just looks so badass.

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 02, 2007, 10:13:12 AM
When does the Shelby GT go on sale?
Apparently the cars are being shipped to dealers right now.

Raza

Ah, from the picture, it looked like one of those tack on types you see on dealer lots.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

I don't like the hood scoop. Especialy since its riveted on, its looks like a cheap aftermarket mod that someone did in their driveway.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on April 02, 2007, 10:08:59 AM
It's probably the best version of this new Mustang yet.  You get alot of extra handling bits, and a little more power (without it overpowering the experience).  I could do with new color combinations and without that little scoop, but there's no wing (Mustangs look so good without the wing; were I to buy one, I would get one with a spoiler delete) and you get everything else.  As it stands, I guess I would have to go with the white/silver combo.

I agree, this is my favorite of the current Mustang variants.  I think I'd actually rather just get a base GT and add the Ford Racing packages instead of ponying up for the Shelby, though.  You'd get the same performance but likely at a lower price since I'm sure they inflated the price when they added the Shelby name to it.  Sure, it wouldn't be a "Shelby", but all of the Shelby-related stuff is aesthetic.  While it does look pretty good, I have no complaints about how the regular GT looks.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

Quote from: MX793 on April 02, 2007, 10:18:54 AM
I agree, this is my favorite of the current Mustang variants.? I think I'd actually rather just get a base GT and add the Ford Racing packages instead of ponying up for the Shelby, though.? You'd get the same performance but likely at a lower price since I'm sure they inflated the price when they added the Shelby name to it.? Sure, it wouldn't be a "Shelby", but all of the Shelby-related stuff is aesthetic.? While it does look pretty good, I have no complaints about how the regular GT looks.
I would agree, except the Shelby styling bits are really hot, and you wouldn't be able to do the performance parts and body/paint for that price. :rockon:

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 02, 2007, 10:16:28 AM
Apparently the cars are being shipped to dealers right now.

Hmmm... I might have to test drive one then.

Whats the deal with the Boss Mustang? Whats that going to be about?

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 02, 2007, 10:27:13 AM
Hmmm... I might have to test drive one then.

Whats the deal with the Boss Mustang? Whats that going to be about?
2008.  5.0L 3-valve 440-450 hp and will weigh less then a stock Mustang GT (I'm guessing 3350-3400 lbs).  It will also cost a shit load because only 1000 will be built.  2008 will also see the return of the Bullit Mustang that will have 400 hp. 

A Mustang for everyone.  I just wish they would build more of the special edition cars so that I could actually afford one. :cry:

Raza

Those V6 California Specials should be getting pretty cheap soon...:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Nethead

Of course the Nethead here voted for the Mustang--any version.  But a 350Z is a fine vehicle, too!  I'll never forget the gorgeous first-year 240Z my neighbor waited nine months to get.  Light orange with a charcoal interior--ah, young men and their dreams.  But I'll never forget the only G.T. 350 my little hometown ever had, either--a Lime Gold (I believe that's "Legend Gold" today) '67 G.T. 350 with white side stripes.  Or the first GTO in my hometown, a red '64 triple-deucer four-speed with a white roof and a red interior.  And the only Ferrari ever in my hometown--a metalflake gold 250 GTO owned by a doctor, of course.  There was even one first-year Lotus Cortina (naturally, white with green in the recessed scallop along each side), but that was hardly in a class with the Ferrari 250 GTO, the G.T. 350, the 240Z, or the '64 Pontiac GTO...
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8406.msg404148#msg404148 date=1175531933
:rolleyes:

Real Mustangs have 8 cylinders. :P

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on April 02, 2007, 10:38:53 AM

I think the California Special package is only available on the GT.
Needs more Jiggawatts

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 02, 2007, 10:52:23 AM
Of course the Nethead here voted for the Mustang--any version.? But a 350Z is a fine vehicle, too!? I'll never forget the gorgeous first-year 240Z my neighbor waited nine months to get.? Light orange with a charcoal interior--ah, young men and their dreams.?
Hmmmmmmm.....240Z.  Now that's a car I love.  I would love to drop a 5.0L V8 in it :lol: