2007 Maxima (Update - Bought it!)

Started by Catman, April 09, 2007, 07:54:04 PM

Catman

My wife shocked me the other day when she said she'd consider a new Maxima.  Now, we have 2002 and I like it but the 2007 wasn't my first choice for various reasons you guys would understand.  However, I'm not the one who will be driving it every day and it's a roomy, powerful and reasonably decent looking car.  I still want a G35 but with no incentives and a price just north of what I'm comfortable with it's looking a bit intimidating.  So, back to the Maxima.....Nissan is dealing with these and there is a $1500 rebate right now.

So, if I were to get one of these we figured we'd at least get the same options we have now to include heated seats, steering wheel, leather, etc.  Well, not so fast, in order to get the heated wheel and the heated seats you need to get the sensory package and the preferred package.  That adds over $5000 to the price.   Now, I'd be an idiot to pay over $33K for a Maxima when I can get a G35 with a longer warranty for not much more.  So I did some figuring and what we'd like is a Maxima SE with the sensory package (includes 360 watt Bose, heated Leather), sunroof and bluetooth.  That comes in around a $28K TMV.  Yeah we loose the heated steering wheel but no biggie.

So I go looking at inventory and what do I see?  The one's in stock are either completely loaded with nav, strippers or SL's.  Would I get a good price if I order what I want instead?  How long would it take?

mazda6er

Hell, if she's gonna be driving it, save the money.  :P
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SaltyDog

2002 Maximas > 2007 Maximas

Sorry, I'm no help.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TBR

It would take 6-8 weeks.

Catman

Quote from: SaltyDog on April 09, 2007, 08:01:39 PM
2002 Maximas > 2007 Maximas

Sorry, I'm no help.

Not really.  The newer one is larger (important) and rides better with the IRS.

Catman

Quote from: TBR on April 09, 2007, 08:02:18 PM
It would take 6-8 weeks.

I don't mind waiting that long but will the dealer be less inclined to discount?

Catman

Quote from: mazda6er on April 09, 2007, 08:01:13 PM
Hell, if she's gonna be driving it, save the money.  :P

Exactly. :ohyeah:

S204STi

Quote from: Catman on April 09, 2007, 08:06:12 PM
I don't mind waiting that long but will the dealer be less inclined to discount?

Maybe you could ask the salesman.? I'm not sure if dealer incentives apply only to in-stock vehicles, but I got mine with some major incentives even after they had to work with another dealer to get it.? Chances are good, in other words.

BTW, I dig the 2007 Maxima.  Very nice cars, much better than 04-06.

JYODER240

They can dealer-trade for a model optioned similarly to what you're looking for.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Maybe you could get a demo model that's fully loaded for about what you're looking for right now.

Raza

A bird in the hand...

Logic says they won't be willing to deal heavily on a car they have to order from the factory.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the current Maxima.

A dealer should be able to search regional inventory of other dealers to locate a car.

A low mileage used 2006 could also be the ticket.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: GoCougs on April 09, 2007, 10:45:59 PM
I guess I'm one of the few that likes the current Maxima.

A dealer should be able to search regional inventory of other dealers to locate a car.

A low mileage used 2006 could also be the ticket.

Yea an '06 sounds like the best of both worlds... you get the facelift look for less money.

Are you gonna be driving it at all? Why not the G35?

ifcar

Have you driven it? The SE ride really isn't very comfortable.

An Altima 3.5SL at a comparable price is a nicer car except for the rear-seat space.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on April 10, 2007, 05:17:40 AM
Have you driven it? The SE ride really isn't very comfortable.

An Altima 3.5SL at a comparable price is a nicer car except for the rear-seat space.

I will soon.  I haven't read a lot of ride complaints, actually I've seen the opposite.  Supposedly, the 07 SE got the SL suspension settings.  I agree on the Altima but I don't think she likes them for some reason.  I'll try.

Catman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 10, 2007, 05:09:15 AM
Yea an '06 sounds like the best of both worlds... you get the facelift look for less money.

Are you gonna be driving it at all? Why not the G35?

I'd like a G35 but we don't want a $500 car payment.  $28000 vs $34000

Catman

I won't buy an 06.  The 07 looks better and has a nicer interior.

Catman

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 09, 2007, 09:26:58 PM
They can dealer-trade for a model optioned similarly to what you're looking for.

I checked everyone's inventory and no one has the package I want.  For some reason every dealer around here needs to order their cars the same, fully loaded or stripped. :huh:

ifcar

Quote from: Catman on April 10, 2007, 06:54:55 AM
I will soon.  I haven't read a lot of ride complaints, actually I've seen the opposite.  Supposedly, the 07 SE got the SL suspension settings.  I agree on the Altima but I don't think she likes them for some reason.  I'll try.

That would be nice. I have driven the 07 SL, and it rides well.

850CSi

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 09, 2007, 09:26:58 PM

That's how I got my car.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on April 10, 2007, 05:17:40 AM

In Canada, they don't make a 3.5SL. It's either the 3.5S, or the 3.5SE.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: Catman on April 10, 2007, 07:01:25 AM
I checked everyone's inventory and no one has the package I want.? For some reason every dealer around here needs to order their cars the same, fully loaded or stripped. :huh:

The dealer can check a lot more dealships than you can. At work we'll get cars from Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, New York, etc. The dealership should be able to find one for you and truck it in as long as you make a deposit.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

My Passat was driven in from New York.  Thankfully, since otherwise I'd have ended up with Stonehenge Gray, which is very, very different from Silverstone Gray.  It's green.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

the price is probably a tad different for whatever your your zip code is, but I was able to build an 07 Maxima SE with the sensory package for $26,760 on carsdirect.com

I forget how long it takes for them to deliver your car, though

Catman

Quote from: Vinsanity on April 10, 2007, 10:58:37 AM
the price is probably a tad different for whatever your your zip code is, but I was able to build an 07 Maxima SE with the sensory package for $26,760 on carsdirect.com

I forget how long it takes for them to deliver your car, though

That's a great price!

Raza

Check the trunk.  If it's as bad as the 06 model, I wouldn't touch it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

You can't get a fully loaded demo model for the price you're looking for?

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on April 10, 2007, 11:26:28 AM
You can't get a fully loaded demo model for the price you're looking for?

Not all manufacturers/dealers run demo models.  Usually demos are cars that are given to higher management to drive for a short period of time and then sold at a discount.  That means that they may not always be available for sale, and they may not even be offered. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

heelntoe

and who knows what kind of abuse they were put through.
@heelntoe

Catman

Cars Direct:

We do not currently have a dealer partner who is a match for your Nissan Maxima request. :huh: