Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

sandertheshark

Quote from: the Teuton on May 12, 2007, 03:52:47 PM
Big city = big prices.  Parking in Pittsburgh, if you do it legally, is about $700 for the whole year.  Consider yourself lucky.
You should consider yourself lucky.  I payed $1440 a year in Hoboken.  And that was the cheapest monthly space in town.

sandertheshark

Quote from: NomisR on May 11, 2007, 01:13:36 PM
Saying German cars have soul is like saying Toyota Camry is a sporty car... neither are true.. :devil:
Every car, except Toyotas, have at least a shred of soul.  But German cars have precious little, it's true.

Tave

Quote from: Danish on May 12, 2007, 10:06:00 PM
Damn dude, do you not know that it is the Incredible Hulk that you are speaking to? :devil:

Yeah, he's a beast, but I was just fucking with him. Besides, he's a wrestler and I ran track. I'd just imagine anchoring a 4x4 and bust ass out of harm's way :lol: Plus, people tend not to pick on me; I'm not exactly a shrimp.

QuoteHonestly, I think ASU parking is an anomaly.... I paid about $500/year at UCSD. To park at a lot off campus and then grab a shuttle to campus

See that's so weird. You'd think that since so many students attend ASU the demand for spots would drive the price up. Maybe it's just economics of scale: people are going to pay for parking anywhere, and there's more students at ASU to spread the costs between.

Guess how much I pay @ UW?

$0 - living across the street from campus is the shit.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ro51092

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 12, 2007, 10:47:44 PM
Every car, except Toyotas, have at least a shred of soul.  But German cars have precious little, it's true.

GERMAN CARS HAVE SOUL BITCH.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FordSVT on May 12, 2007, 03:39:37 PM
Yes, but your car's soul is composed of the ground up bonze of teh Jewz!? :lol:
-FordSVT-

Ouch! That's rough!

But...soul is soul...I'll take what I can get.  :huh:

And, its still pure bred german racing car after all.  :thumbsup:

mazda6er

Ooooo, holocaust jokes. Tasteful.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

93JC

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 12, 2007, 10:44:58 PM
You should consider yourself lucky.? I payed $1440 a year in Hoboken.? And that was the cheapest monthly space in town.

Parking at the U of C (my uni) is $700/8 months for a spot in a parkade, $140/8 months in the stadium parking lot off-campus.

Parking downtown for work on the other hand is $4250/yr. :mask:

Danish

Yeah, but those are Canadian dollars.... your parking costs nothing more than a few trinkets and pieces of flair
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

TheIntrepid

Your dollar's weakening daily, smartass :P

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 14, 2007, 08:31:59 PM
Your dollar's weakening daily, smartass :P

Our exports are increasing as a result!

SVT_Power

and the canadian exports are decreasing
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on May 13, 2007, 12:30:09 PM
Yeah, he's a beast, but I was just fucking with him. Besides, he's a wrestler and I ran track. I'd just imagine anchoring a 4x4 and bust ass out of harm's way :lol: Plus, people tend not to pick on me; I'm not exactly a shrimp.

You have permission for the time being.  I'm old and way too out of shape.

See that's so weird. You'd think that since so many students attend ASU the demand for spots would drive the price up. Maybe it's just economics of scale: people are going to pay for parking anywhere, and there's more students at ASU to spread the costs between.

Guess how much I pay @ UW?

$0 - living across the street from campus is the shit.

The $700-800 is for a parking pass from the school.  Unfortunately, the city parking isn't much cheaper, to be honest.

Also, Trep, to be fair, you need to sound like a celebrity trying to make a difference in your hybrid.  For right now, let's just say you will be driving a Tesla Roadster or something.  :ohyeah:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

I don't wanna read the whole thing... What did Trep lie about now?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Psilos on May 20, 2007, 03:54:29 PM
I don't wanna read the whole thing... What did Trep lie about now?

Said he had a Camry V6 but he didn't.  Then said that he had a 4cyl.  Then said that he had a hybrid on order.

Raghavan

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 20, 2007, 03:59:55 PM
Said he had a Camry V6 but he didn't.  Then said that he had a 4cyl.  Then said that he had a hybrid on order.
And people saw the hubcaps and said that it was an I4, and so he said that his dad probably got jipped at the dealer. :lol:

Rupert

So, tomorrow he'll say he has a bicycle in the mail?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

850CSi

Wow guys I paid $80 at Purdue to park in the Stadium lot all year. Then again, that was in hick town, Indiana.

And trep, I still don't really get the point of the Hybrid, but good luck with it! And make sure to whore plent of pics with a paper on it that says "fuck the doubters -Trep"

If you don't, I'll call BS on your ass!? :devil: :lol:

Rupert

And on Tuesday, he'll say he was thinking of getting a skateboard. Or some new shoes.