Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

TheIntrepid

Update:

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 03:08:28 PM
There may be an update on my car situation:

My uncle, who works for Toyota, and who's currently driving my new car, told us that the Ontario provincial government gives us a $2000 rebate on a Hybrid car, and the federal government an additional $1500. Plus, my university for next year has a yearly parking rate of $584 ($68 for every month of school), and a $350 annual flat rate for Hybrids.

My uncle also said that since it's within 10 days of purchase, we can get a full refund on the LE and, if we put a down payment down, get a new Camry Hybrid for $2200 more (after discounts and rebates) than we got hte LE for.

It more than pays for itself, since Ontario's government is going to grant free use of carpool lanes with one occupant in the car for Hybrid drivers.

My dad says he's seriously considering it.

My dad went back to Ken Shaw Lexus Toyota and put a $3000 deposit down on a 2007 Camry Hybrid and dropped off the LE. Since it's under 10 days old and has less than 300km there's a no-questions-asked guarantee.

The MSRP with tax was $34,862 and after my uncle's discount, the $3500 government rebate which we'll be getting in the mail within 6 weeks, and taxes, we got the Hybrid for $30,593.58.

Delivery either late June or early July.

Now I'll still be bored to death, but I'll be helping the environment while I do it! Keyless start/go FTW!!!!!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

So you got a Camry as a grad present?  That's like saying that you love your puke-flavored filet mignon.  :confused:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Catman

Cool a free Camry!  Awesome. :rockon:

TheIntrepid

Oh, and yes it's boring, but my commute is 95km on a long, straight highway with a 100km/h limit. All I need is comfort, a sunroof, and a good sound system. The 270-horses don't hurt either.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

So Treppy... if you don't put a damn fart-can muffler on that car right away, I'll be forced to put one on the Esteem, because somebody around here is getting a damn fart-muffler whether they like it or not!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on May 09, 2007, 08:26:12 PM
So Treppy... if you don't put a damn fart-can muffler on that car right away, I'll be forced to put one on the Esteem, because somebody around here is getting a damn fart-muffler whether they like it or not!

It's too quiet and smooth to fuck up.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 09, 2007, 08:27:22 PM
It's too quiet and smooth to fuck up.

Bull.
You'd get +3hp at least.  :lol:

You can't keep it stock dude, it's just too boring. At least tighten up the suspension and get an ECU flasher or something.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on May 09, 2007, 08:30:30 PM
Bull.
You'd get +3hp at least.  :lol:

You can't keep it stock dude, it's just too boring. At least tighten up the suspension and get an ECU flasher or something.

It's a 36-mth lease.

Eye of the Tiger

TheIntrepid

I don't want to. I just told my mom that she can have it if she wants, she deserves it more than I do. I'm giving ol' Treppy some window tint, some summer tires, and some SilverStars. Perhaps an HID kit is ont he way as well.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 09, 2007, 08:34:18 PM
I don't want to. I just told my mom that she can have it if she wants, she deserves it more than I do.

It's your car or your mom's? What happens to the Intrepid?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on May 09, 2007, 08:35:05 PM

It's your car or your mom's? What happens to the Intrepid?

Initially she was going to take the Intrepid, but that was under the condition that I get a car of my choice. They randomly dropped a Camry on me, and it's a great car and everything, but I'd much prefer the Intrepid. I'm keeping it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 09, 2007, 08:36:03 PM
Initially she was going to take the Intrepid, but that was under the condition that I get a car of my choice. They randomly dropped a Camry on me, and it's a great car and everything, but I'd much prefer the Intrepid. I'm keeping it.

Cool, keep the 'Trep, let your mom take the new Camry. I'd probably do the same.

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

It's a 2007 LE V6, with a sunroof and the JBL stereo (bluetooth)

Don't mind the haters.  Great new car.  Luxurious, quiet, reliable, yet capable of taking a S2000 in a straight line, not to mention those supposedly high performance compacts (MS3, GTI, Si, SE-R, WRX... the list goes on).

The new Camry's a beast  :rockon:

Raghavan

Quote from: 565 on May 09, 2007, 08:37:32 PM
Don't mind the haters.  Great new car.  Luxurious, quiet, reliable, yet capable of taking a S2000 in a straight line, not to mention those supposedly high performance compacts (MS3, GTI, Si, SE-R, WRX... the list goes on).

The new Camry's a beast  :rockon:
:lol: :wtf:

S204STi

Quote from: 565 on May 09, 2007, 08:37:32 PM
Don't mind the haters.? Great new car.? Luxurious, quiet, reliable, yet capable of taking a S2000 in a straight line, not to mention those supposedly high performance compacts (MS3, GTI, Si, SE-R, WRX... the list goes on).

The new Camry's a beast? :rockon:

In a straight line. :lol:

Congrats on the new car!  I think highly of the new Camry.

the Teuton

'Tis an appliance.  A very good appliance, but an appliance nonetheless.  Call me a hater, but I like the 'Trepid.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

Congratulations.  They are good cars regardless of what people around this form say. Should give you years of trouble free motoring.

GoCougs

I am envious.

IMO a much better car than the Accord I chose.

AKL

Just something I noticed....

That looks more like the bread and butter model of the Camry ( LE i4 Camry - no packages)

The LE V6 comes with standard 16inch alloy wheels  :confused:

And IMO GoCougs, you're wrong.  :lol: :praise:

EDIT: And, just an addition. The LE V6 doesn't come with the JBL Audio option. Only the Hybrid, SE, and XLE have it.

:devil:

---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

Raghavan

Quote from: AKL on May 09, 2007, 09:29:30 PM
Just something I noticed....

That looks more like the bread and butter model of the Camry ( LE i4 Camry - no packages)

The LE V6 comes with standard 16inch alloy wheels  :confused:

And IMO GoCougs, you're wrong.  :lol: :praise:

That's what i was thinking but i thought i was wrong. Maybe it has a "dealer installed" V6. :lol:

AKL

Quote from: Raghavan on May 09, 2007, 09:33:21 PM
That's what i was thinking but i thought i was wrong. Maybe it has a "dealer installed" V6. :lol:

It can actually only be the LE i4 -with no packages.

The LE i4- B/C package come with the alloy's.

I only know SO MUCH about the Camry because I was dragged out to help buy one for my friend.  :lol:

Trep needs to do some explaining  :nono:
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

Raghavan

TREP!!! YOU'VE GOT SOME ASPLAININ' TO DO!

eThirteen

keep the intrepid or else you'll have to change ur username :D

eThirteen

To: TheCamry i might add...

ro51092

850CSi

Someone has some explaining to do...