Greatest Ferrari of all time???

Started by sportyaccordy, June 03, 2007, 09:18:50 PM

sportyaccordy

Too many choices for a poll...

For me, it's a tie up between:

The F40

And the 360CS

Just pure and beautiful... and fast... like I like my women...

omicron

F40.

F40.

I'll say that again.

F40.

Raghavan

S204STi

Of the two you listed, it would have to be the 360CS, but honestly the 599 GTB Fiorano is my favorite Ferrari of all time.  Simply beautiful.

Onslaught

Between the two that I have to chose it would be the F40.

goldenlover1101

I love both, but the F40 seems to be the more exotic and exciting. Any Ferrari is the greatest of all time though!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

the Teuton

250 short wheelbase California Spyder.   :rockon:

Pure sex.  A Ferrari need not be the fastest to be the best.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

I don't see how you could even compare a F40 and a 360 CS...

Anyway F40 for me.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

850CSi

The greatest is the F40.

My personal favorite is the 550 Maranello. 360CS is up there.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: M_power on June 03, 2007, 11:28:13 PM
I don't see how you could even compare a F40 and a 360 CS...

Anyway F40 for me.

I love the F40 with all my heart and soul... but if I had to have one car to drive right now, it would be the 360CS... the new F430 is too high-tech, and the regular 360, while beautiful, and probably more than enough car for me, just isn't as special as the CS... although a regular 360 w/a Novitec exhaust and some BBS LMs would be enough for me.

SVT666

The greatest is the Enzo, but my favourite is the F40.

Payman

Greatest? Maybe the 1957 Testa Rossa. I also like the F40, and a special mention to the 512 Berlinetta Boxer:

omicron

Quote from: the Teuton on June 03, 2007, 11:13:01 PM
250 short wheelbase California Spyder. :rockon:

Pure sex. A Ferrari need not be the fastest to be the best.

That, or a 250GTE, and I entirely agree.

GoCougs

I'd vote for anyone of the front engine GTs of the '50s and '60s.

A '62 250 GTO for example:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

The F40 is an icon. It's definently the greatest Ferrari compared to the CS. However at this point if I had to choose between the two for myself I'd pick the CS.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

pommes-t

F40 for me! Just like sportyaccordy I like the F40 like I like women: They should be born before 1990...  :lol:

No, seriously: The F40 is a beast. It's edgy, loud and fast. I once had one on the Autobahn in front of me... For a short time until that dude in front of it turned to the right. Then I smelled gas and it was gone...

SVT666

The F40 is a great car...for as long as it doesn't fall apart.  I remember reading and 3 day long head-to-head comparison in Road and Track back in the early 90s between the F40 and the Diablo and R&T hired an exotic car mechanic to travel with them thoughout the three days to fix everything that broke on both cars.  The Diablo had a list of 40 or so items and the F40 had a list of 15 or so things.  Everything from the doors shifting on their hinges, to engines not starting, to interior trim falling off, etc.  If I had to I could probably find the issue at home.

ChrisV

Of the two, the F40. My second favorite Ferrari of all time. But my favorite Ferrari, and one of my top 5 cars of all time is the 250 Lusso:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 04, 2007, 10:00:06 AM
The F40 is a great car...for as long as it doesn't fall apart.  I remember reading and 3 day long head-to-head comparison in Road and Track back in the early 90s between the F40 and the Diablo and R&T hired an exotic car mechanic to travel with them thoughout the three days to fix everything that broke on both cars.  The Diablo had a list of 40 or so items and the F40 had a list of 15 or so things.  Everything from the doors shifting on their hinges, to engines not starting, to interior trim falling off, etc.  If I had to I could probably find the issue at home.

There were three F40s in my old sports car club, a couple of which were used regularly. I don't recall there being that many issues with them.

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on June 04, 2007, 11:09:48 AM
Of the two, the F40. My second favorite Ferrari of all time. But my favorite Ferrari, and one of my top 5 cars of all time is the 250 Lusso:

That car is sooooo hot.

Eh.   I never liked the F40.  I don't know why everyone goes so crazy for it.  It's development was done on the 288GTO Evoluzione (which shares many of it's parts), which was just a hopped up version of the regular 288GTO, which itself was a hopped up version of the entry level 308GTB.  I'd much rather have the F50, which was built as a road going formula car, with the suspension directly bolted the the transmission. 

FoMoJo

Maybe not the greatest, but one of the most beautiful, imo, is the 275GTB...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

goldenlover1101

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 04, 2007, 12:06:53 PM

Agreed

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ChrisV

Quote from: 565 on June 04, 2007, 12:05:20 PM
Eh.   I never liked the F40.  I don't know why everyone goes so crazy for it.  It's development was done on the 288GTO Evoluzione (which shares many of it's parts), which was just a hopped up version of the regular 288GTO, which itself was a hopped up version of the entry level 308GTB. 

That's actually a lot of the reason it's so well loved. The basic Pininfarina 308/328 shape is very well known and  attractive, and the mods done to it to get both the 288 GTO and the F40 add a good deal of aggression while retaining that beautiful coke-bottle form. The F50 wasn't as well received because it is far less beautiful/aggressive to most people. The F40 says "I'm a raw, fun, race car evolved from a street car." The F50 says, "I'm checkbook engineering" Most people tend to appreciate the former rather than the latter.

ChrisV

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 04, 2007, 12:06:53 PM

Another good choice!

Raza

I think the most beautiful car ever made is this:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on June 04, 2007, 12:44:49 PM
I think the most beautiful car ever made is this:

What about the 246 Dino makes it your favorite?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 565 on June 04, 2007, 12:05:20 PM
Eh.   I never liked the F40.  I don't know why everyone goes so crazy for it.  It's development was done on the 288GTO Evoluzione (which shares many of it's parts), which was just a hopped up version of the regular 288GTO, which itself was a hopped up version of the entry level 308GTB.  I'd much rather have the F50, which was built as a road going formula car, with the suspension directly bolted the the transmission. 

The F50 was also hideous, and didn't have the same impact on the world as the F40. From what I know, when the F40 came out, it was the fastest car in the world and basically unlike anything the world had ever seen. The F50 was basically routine in comparison...

It was also very ugly...

ro51092