Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 28, 2021, 08:10:09 AM
A jewel amid lumps of stone.  We've lost all sense of style and elegance.

Indeed. It stands out so much!

Lamborghini Aventador

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Triumph TR7 and Mercedes-Benz 250SE Cabriolet (W111)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

What a gem, the Mercedes.  Beautiful.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 01, 2021, 12:50:46 PM
What a gem, the Mercedes.  Beautiful.

Indeed. I prefer the coupes over the convertibles but they're one of the most beautiful MBs ever made.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Pontiac Fiero with a Ferrari 308 body.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Stunning 1955 Mercedes-Benz 190SL - very early model, for sale. That metallic green exterior color, the dark green cloth roof and the green interior leather....simply gorgeous.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Yes, beautiful.  A work of art.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

shp4man

Beautiful. Nice colors.

cawimmer430

Vintage Setra bus and Marty McFly vacationing in Munich.  :lol:

Vintage Volkswagen Beetle Convertible

1967 Chrysler Town & Country. Where's that whiny monster Greta?  :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

This is a later model with fenders and some ornamentation from earlier models to make it appear older. It's about a 69, 70 or 71 model. The dash pad is missing, late model wheels and hubcaps, the engine cover is flat on the bottom, locking steering column and fuel filler location. The Wolfsburg crest on the hood is from a '50s model.
It does have a better rear suspension than the older models, though.

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on September 05, 2021, 03:31:34 PM

This is a later model with fenders and some ornamentation from earlier models to make it appear older. It's about a 69, 70 or 71 model. The dash pad is missing, late model wheels and hubcaps, the engine cover is flat on the bottom, locking steering column and fuel filler location. The Wolfsburg crest on the hood is from a '50s model.
It does have a better rear suspension than the older models, though.

That's what I suspected. Interior looked like a late-model Bug and the front was so vintageish:ohyeah:

Encountered on the Autobahn near Grünwald an hour ago. Some kind of what I assume is an incredibly rare vintage Aston Martin coupe with fins! Anyone know what model exactly it could be? My Googling has been unsuccessful!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 06, 2021, 01:55:30 PM
May be a kit car.

The experts in a Facebook group said it's a Peerless GT, an incredibly rare British sports car. Wow!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 06, 2021, 06:29:51 PM
The experts in a Facebook group said it's a Peerless GT, an incredibly rare British sports car. Wow!

So basically a Triumph under the skin...Peerless GT

What appears to be an Aston Martin badge on the back seems a bit deceptive.

cawimmer430

My Google search was limited to Aston Martin because of the "logo" on the rear trunk lid and because the front side fenders had a DB3 to D5 look to it. The grille at the front didn't look Aston Martinish, but I figured this was some kind of special Aston where the grille looked different, a Zagato perhaps. Finally happy to know the mystery car is a Peerless GT, and I've never heard of that car before!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ferrari Monza SP1 and Volvo 360

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

TWO FOR ONE! Mercedes-Benz 450SE S-Class (W116) and possible ex-US-spec (mph speedometer) Mercedes-Benz 380SL (R107). That W116 S-Class....  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

That '67 Chrysler Town & Country I saw a few days ago towing some kind of F1 or F2 race car.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

afty

Saw this cool Land Rover Defender restomod today. Looks like one of these: https://www.arkonik.com/custom-defenders/

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz W111/W112 Convertible, a Lamborghini Aventador two cars behind it, and a few seconds later another silver Lamborghini and a lovely red Porsche 944 across from the Mercedes. In Munich.

Mercedes-Benz 280SE Automatic Convertible (W111) and Jaguar E-Type V12 Convertible

Bentley Azure

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

The white Mercedes is outstanding.

Payman

Down in Wellington yesterday, a silver Ferrari Roma was in Tim Horton's parking lot. What a gorgeous car.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on September 12, 2021, 09:34:19 AM
Down in Wellington yesterday, a silver Ferrari Roma was in Tim Horton's parking lot. What a gorgeous car.

Beautiful lines.  The front looks especially clean compared to most.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

nice!

FYI the MRI tech at the military hospital in Kuwait City drives a new Maserati. She also dresses nice. :lol:
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 22, 2021, 09:38:56 AM
nice!

FYI the MRI tech at the military hospital in Kuwait City drives a new Maserati. She also dresses nice. :lol:

Is she hot?  :praise:

Spotted this 1973 Mercedes-Benz 280CE W114 for sale in Grünwald, Germany today. The color is so gorgeous! Bonus - in the first photo there's a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG W210 E-Class passing - great coincidence and great timing!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Fiat 130 Coupe parked on my street. Gorgeous.  :wub:

Downsized 1990s (?) Cadillac Eldorado - this is what happens to cars when climate and eco terrorists have their say.  :cry:

Volvo PV544

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 27, 2021, 08:24:19 AM

Volvo PV544

A friend of mine had one of these in the mid '60s, though it might've been a PV444.  The thing I remember is that you could shift gears without declutching.  Must've had great synchro.  Such a neat little car.  I've always liked them

AutobahnSHO

A white Crosstrek!!!!!!!!!!!

near the chow hall at lunchtime. It's only 105deg today!! :confused:

I really can't understand buying that car here. No need for AWD. I figured there would be no dealerships but zoom in. And look around at the other buildings near by LOL

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:4&tbm=lcl&q=kuwait+subaru&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwiny8nL_6PzAhUJhP0HHROaDXsQtgN6BAgQEAc#rlfi=hd:;si:1823459680220275927;mv:[[29.398621744821938,48.16579548589478],[29.179136966717625,47.76342121831666],null,[29.288938307540587,47.96460835210572],12]
Will

MrH

???

White cars are less hot than dark cars.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

Absolutely perfect Mercedes-Benz 170S in Aying. What a gorgeous little car.  :wub:

The smallest Mercedes-Benz in the late 1940s and the smallest Mercedes-Benz today.  :thumbsup:

Citroen GS and a Mercedes-Benz 200D (W123) in front of it in the last photo.

Volkswagen Polo GTI used by a senior citizen home care service.  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de