One Car

Started by JYODER240, June 26, 2007, 08:21:28 AM

CJ

I'm going to be sensible here. 

I REALLY like the Veracruz.  Looks fantastic and the interior is one of the best out there. 

heelntoe

you'd pick a vera cruz given a choice between it and every other car ever made?
@heelntoe

CJ

I'm being reasonable.  I don't need something flashy and expensive, just something reasonable and relatively cheap.  Besides, I like them.

CMan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 26, 2007, 12:24:02 PM
A tossup between

Aston Martin DB9

and

Mercedes S550 4-Matic (Distronic Plus)

You damned PICTURE STEALER.  :nono: :lockedup:
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT_Power

Either this

or this

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

heelntoe

Quote from: CJ on June 26, 2007, 01:01:14 PM
I'm being reasonable.  I don't need something flashy and expensive, just something reasonable and relatively cheap.  Besides, I like them.
what do you mean cheap, in this situation, the car is basically given to you at no cost.
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                               |
                                                                                                                             how i wish this were really true
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CMan on June 26, 2007, 01:51:01 PM
You damned PICTURE STEALER.  :nono: :lockedup:

Sorry; I couldn't find any better pictures of a 4Matic S550. Hell, I don't even have any good pictures of OUR S550.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

996 Turbo or E39 M5 FTW!
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

I wish this came in M5 guise. :(

TheIntrepid

Uh... Hemi? That's an M5 wagon.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

Is there actually a M5 wagon right now?

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 26, 2007, 02:46:59 PM
Uh... Hemi? That's an M5 wagon.
:mask:  I didn't look at the fender.

Raghavan

SVT_Power

Raghavan

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza on June 26, 2007, 08:26:09 AM
That's the only thing. I couldn't take driving in a car that doesn't have A/C.

If it did, I want one in orange.

You're a punany... I haven't had A/C in 4 years

If I had to pick one car... damn. 5 years? There's a lot to consider... I live in NYC, so nothing that the roads would destroy... I drive a lot, so gas is a bit of a priority... I need 4 legitimate seats... mad shit. Hmmmm...

I would have to go with the BMW 330i (E90)... I don't really like or need the turbo motor, and the 4dr looks phenomenal, IMO. With a little drop and E60 M5 style wheels, it would look great and handle well, without being too low or slow.

If I didn't have to drive to work it would be a no-brainer... Ferarri F430

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 26, 2007, 03:29:39 PM
You're a punany... I haven't had A/C in 4 years

I don't like heat.  And I can't get to work all sweaty.  I've got to wear pants and a shirt to work, and when it's 95 and muggy rolling your windows down just kills your gas mileage.  I've run around in below freezing temperatures with the top down without so much as a jacket on, but when it comes to heat, I just don't want to deal with it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Gimme a Lincoln LS V8 with everything and a nice aftermarket exhaust system.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 03:35:12 PM
I don't like heat.  And I can't get to work all sweaty.  I've got to wear pants and a shirt to work, and when it's 95 and muggy rolling your windows down just kills your gas mileage.  I've run around in below freezing temperatures with the top down without so much as a jacket on, but when it comes to heat, I just don't want to deal with it.

Using A/C makes your mileage worse than does opening your windows.  But A/C is seven hundred times better than opening your windows. 

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 26, 2007, 03:29:39 PM
I would have to go with the BMW 330i (E90)... I don't really like or need the turbo motor, and the 4dr looks phenomenal, IMO.
How can you not like the Turbo motor?  I drove my co-workers car for about 5 minutes and the engine is beautiful.  It's seamless and has lots of power.  BTW, the 335i comes with 2 or 4 doors.

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 26, 2007, 03:38:20 PM
Using A/C makes your mileage worse than does opening your windows.? But A/C is seven hundred times better than opening your windows.?

No way is that even possible.  Opening your windows at highway speed adds so much drag to your car, you might as well be pulling a trailer.  I've gotten 33mpg with aircon; with windows the best I've gotten was 27, over the same trip.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 03:47:02 PM
No way is that even possible.  Opening your windows at highway speed adds so much drag to your car, you might as well be pulling a trailer.  I've gotten 33mpg with aircon; with windows the best I've gotten was 27, over the same trip.

Oh.  That's different from what I read somewhere.  I guess every car and every test is different.

nickdrinkwater

Would have to be a Vanquish, with the new gearbox

sportyaccordy

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 26, 2007, 03:43:41 PM
How can you not like the Turbo motor?  I drove my co-workers car for about 5 minutes and the engine is beautiful.  It's seamless and has lots of power.  BTW, the 335i comes with 2 or 4 doors.

It's not that I don't like the turbo motor... I just like the response and sound of the N/A motor. Not to mention, I'm sure the 330i is much lighter in the nose with the magnesium block and all, and consequently, a much better handler than the 335i. Plus again, I'm really trying to make a practical choice... between my heavy foot and penchant for modding, I'd be doing myself some good by staying N/A...

And the coupe has potential to look good w/the right aero parts... but I like the sedan better stock.

Colonel Cadillac

I can't decide between a 911 Turbo or a RS4 tuned by MTM.

goldenlover1101

No thought, Zo6. Excellent daily driver, decent gas mileage, and enough local dealers to not make it outrageously expensive to repair. Plus I love them! Otherwise, second choices are 911 GT3 and 2008 M3

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

S204STi

Hmm, daily driver really narrows it down a lot.

I would take, cost and use no object, one of the upcoming Nissan GTRs.

But for everyday use, I am going to take a very close look at the upcoming WRX STI hatchback, particularly when their engines get direct injection in the next 2-3 years.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9829.msg488604#msg488604 date=1182894422
No way is that even possible.? Opening your windows at highway speed adds so much drag to your car, you might as well be pulling a trailer.? I've gotten 33mpg with aircon; with windows the best I've gotten was 27, over the same trip.

What about turning the air all the way up and dropping the windows? In a convertible at 120?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: NACar on June 26, 2007, 09:50:06 AM
Your car.

Thanks man :ohyeah:

but I think you're crazy for choosing it.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

JYODER240

After giving it more thought I'll go with a GT3, but I can't decide between a 997 or 996 :banghead:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*