***Gorgeous White BMW M3 Coupe***

Started by cawimmer430, October 19, 2007, 06:21:07 AM

Onslaught

Quote from: ChrisV on October 23, 2007, 06:47:54 AM
http://austin.craigslist.org/car/455286767.html

http://www.hondacarforum.com/acura/3854-1989-acura-legend-dash-kit.html

The point is, any car can have a cracked dash as it ages, depending on location and how it was taken care of. And any car can NOT have a cracked dash. Judging it by brand is ridiculous.

Oh, come on, Way to act like a fucking baby. Face it, you made a blanket statement that was wrong. Not all of them have to be perfect for that to be the case.

The fact is, I bought a cheap used one, and like all of them I looked at, the dash is uncracked. The car is 10 years old, thus your statement that they WILL fucking crack at 10 years old is WRONG.

Quit acting like a fucking baby about it and crying because I caught you out on a blanket statement.
Listen up grandpa. The little 10 year old comment with the devil head after it was a fucking joke. Most people would understand that and if you can't then I don't give a fuck.
I live right down the road from a German specialty shop called Touring Car. My good friend has worked there for about 16-17 years and is a BMW specific mechanic. I go and see him all the time and look at all kinds of BMW cars over the years. I personal noticed that cars from around 6+ years old seemed to have the problem I stated before. I asked him if it was just me or did they seem to not hold up as well as you would think a car that cost that much should and he said that they aren't the best in that department. And he's about the biggest Bimmer troll I know.
My info isn't false but just and observation of many cars I've observed over the years. I'm not saying that if you buy a BMW it's dash WILL blow up in 10 years. But if I got one it would be something I'd worry about myself.

But you are the know it all on this site. I should know better than to question or dispute your vast knowledge of the automobile. I mean you have had over 100 cars in your life time and I've only worked on them for over 14+ years so WTF do I know? I never get in and out of hundreds of cars a month so how would I know what problems some cars seem to have more than others?
Please don't get mad at me and track me down in your rascal and give the the thrashing of my lifetime. Pompous ass jerk wad.

Submariner

Quote from: JYODER240 on October 22, 2007, 08:16:39 PM
I agree those years of Lexus are clearly better built and have better materials than the competition. I think they've slacked a little on their more recent stuff and are trying to live off their reputation.

The Newest LS shows no real improvements over its predecessor in terms of build quality or detail...infact, it seems to have slipped, slightly.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AM
You can delude yourself into believing whatever you want. Toyota will laugh to the bank regardless.

Ahhh but this is not about their profit margins.  This is about the build quality of their cars.  I simply stated that they were not better than Mercedes of the time.  I never said they sold poorly.

JYODER240

Quote from: Submariner on October 23, 2007, 04:08:03 PM
The Newest LS shows no real improvements over its predecessor in terms of build quality or detail...infact, it seems to have slipped, slightly.

I'd agree with build quality but not with detail.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BimmerM3

Quote from: Raza  on October 23, 2007, 08:56:11 AM
Okay, here's the hypothetical.  The BMW is better.  But only by a little (let's say 5%).  But it costs 25% more.  Would you still buy it?  What if it costs 50% more?  100% more?  If so, you're a fool. 

The argument isn't whether or not the car is marginally better.  The argument is whether it's worth the extra money.
If I sit down and decide that I can comfortably spend $45,000 on a car (and I'd never buy a car that I couldn't comfortably afford), I'm not going to go with my second choice just to save 10 grand. Go ahead, call me a fool, but it's no less foolish than any of us not buying Yaris hatchbacks.

CALL_911

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 23, 2007, 08:12:11 PM
If I sit down and decide that I can comfortably spend $45,000 on a car (and I'd never buy a car that I couldn't comfortably afford), I'm not going to go with my second choice just to save 10 grand. Go ahead, call me a fool, but it's no less foolish than any of us not buying Yaris hatchbacks.

Damn fool.

I'm with you on that.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Submariner

Quote from: JYODER240 on October 23, 2007, 05:20:25 PM
I'd agree with build quality but not with detail.

Compared to the A8 or S-class...yes. 

JYODER240

Quote from: Submariner on October 23, 2007, 08:27:51 PM
Compared to the A8 or S-class...yes. 

You said over its predecessor. That's what I was refering to.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Submariner

Quote from: JYODER240 on October 23, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
You said over its predecessor. That's what I was refering to.

Ahh...I see. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on October 23, 2007, 06:00:21 AM
Bull shit.
A good car is a good car regardless of how many races or inventions the manufacture has made in the past. How the hell does prestige help you after you buy a Jag and it leaves you on the side of the road?

Quality aside, we're talking about BRAND PRESTIGE here. Lexus can be the most reliable car in the world, but that doesn't make them prestigeous in any way. They're just reliable, that's it.

Quote from: Onslaught on October 23, 2007, 06:00:21 AMI'm fully aware that MB has done many great things in the past and present. But that's not enough to say that others can't make something just as good as they do. Hell, Hyundai could make a better car.
I know that they have been around longer and have a more"prestigious" history. But in the end it makes no difference in the quality of the current cars sold.

All I am saying is that the history of Mercedes gives them an edge in the prestige department above many car manufacturers, particularly Lexus etc. If Hyundai makes a great car, that's good for them, but that doesn't mean they have more brand prestige than Mercedes. Brand prestige can be defined by past and present achievements (in many areas such as motorsport, safety, innovations etc.), global appeal, quality etc.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AM
He's a tow-truck driver...

So? Possibly has a Lexus fetish.  :devil:

:lol: :cheers:

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AMExactly. What separated the 'omnibus' from ever other car at the time? The BODY. Netphener could just as easily have picked some other car to put their body on.

A small Omnibus could have passed for a small "van" in those days, that's all.

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AMMercedes-Benz, corporately, tends to overexaggerate in such claims. I suppose you think The first cars to have ABS and airbags were Mercedes-Benzes? That's what they would have you believe, but it's not true.

Any real car enthusiast will know that Mercedes-Benz was the first to use ABS in the mass-produced W116 S-Class beginning in 1972. The ABS claim lies on the S-Class class, the upper luxury class segment where MB was the first to use it. Chrysler used it in what, 1971 on some of their cars? Furthermore in the mid 1930s, I know that Mercedes and the Robert Bosch company worked together on a crude ABS system which actually saw service on some Mercedes' cars, notably the heavy 770. Source: "Faszination Mercedes-Benz" by Trevor Legate.

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AMThe whole reason I keep prodding you on in this thread is to play devil's advocate: I don't like Lexus, I don't like Mercedes-Benz. I'm trying to make a point, because frankly, on behalf of the rest of the forum, we're sick and fucking tired of the idiotic trolling.

Oh please, I am not trolling. When I told Treppy that Mercedes "invented" the minivan, I was looking to firstly piss him off a bit.  :tounge:

Let me come clean. Mercedes didn't exactly invent the minivan but they invented a similar concept that evolved into the minivan.

Oh yeah, and after World War II Mercedes produced these 170V "Kastenwagens" which were classified as "panel vans": a concept that evolved into cars such as the Sprinter or L409 series.

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AMYou need to understand and accept this: we don't give a fuck. We don't give a fuck if Mercedes-Benz has more racing wins, more 'innovations' throughout its history, blah blah blah, etc. No one cares. No one cares about what you think about Lexus. You made your point a LONG time ago.

I know that. :rolleyes:

My point in this case is that the history of Mercedes makes them more prestigeous than Lexus anyday. Lexus is where they are because of Toyota's financial backing and because they began making cars in the late 1980s when anyone could build a car. In the late 19th century things were different, yet Benz & Cie. / DMG pulled through with innovations, motorsport success etc. etc. etc.

This is my point: MB PWNS LEXUS WHEN IT COMES TO BRAND PRESTIGE.

Quote from: 93JC on October 23, 2007, 11:33:37 AMAccept these facts:

- we don't care about Mercedes-Benz's prestige
- we don't care about Lexus' prestige
- we don't care who has more prestige
- we don't care who has less prestige

So shut the fuck up about it.

:praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Onslaught

I know what you're trying to say. But to be honest I just don't give a fuck.

This could have been a post just about the looks of the M3 you posted. But like many post you had to throw a jab at Lexus in it and to be honest it's getting just a little old.
We all know what you think of them. We all know the joke by now.  And making fun of them on occasion would be one thing but all the time is another. Some of us don't
hate Toyota and some of us even like some of the cars that they offer. I'm not trying to be a jerk off about it.

Yawn

Heres an interesting pic of an M coupe near my house.. My house is a few miles from the firestorm in OC.

http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/2007/10/23/fire.bbc2.jpg