***Gorgeous White BMW M3 Coupe***

Started by cawimmer430, October 19, 2007, 06:21:07 AM

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 21, 2007, 12:48:21 PM
Your mother is an idiot. It looks like it's from the late 80s.
Well, you're a fucking dumbass. So there.
And it still looks awesome and always makes me stare when one drives by.
Unlike a certain POS Intrepid. I can't think of one car that I could care less of.

TheIntrepid

So does Dodge deserve that much prestige for developing the first minivan, first removable seats, first Stow'N'Go, Swivel'N'Go, etc etc etc

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 21, 2007, 01:12:25 PM
So does Dodge deserve that much prestige for developing the first minivan, first removable seats, first Stow'N'Go, Swivel'N'Go, etc etc etc

Let's be honest here. The history and accomplishments of Mercedes blow those of Dodge out of the water. Sure, Dodge has their achievements etc., but Mercedes was and still is a leader in the global automotive scene - something Dodge never was.

And MB actually invented the "minivan". No lie.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

93JC

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:09:47 PM
:mask: :confused:

There's so much which makes MB probably the most prestigeous carbrand in the world. The inventor of the automobile, various innovations and safety features which are standard on all cars today, a glorious motorsport heritage (with impressive innovations and engineering feats and accomplishments) etc.

And they still can't screw together a car as well as Lexus.

93JC

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:15:25 PM

Ha! I'd love to hear this story...

Raghavan

Quote from: 93JC on October 21, 2007, 01:17:28 PM
At this point, Wimmer is just spewing BS out of his ass.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on October 21, 2007, 01:16:52 PM
And they still can't screw together a car as well as Lexus.

Proof please.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

Most of the cars you just showed are ugly overrated  German junk. :lol:

Raza

Prestige comes from history and tradition.  A car like the Farboud doesn't have prestige.  It has exclusivity.  A Ferrari has prestige (an amount that even Lamborghini doesn't have). 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:15:25 PM

That's bullshit. Ever heard of the Scout Scarab?

I like Mercedes a lot too, but you're taking it WAY too far. Jake Miller's taken over you.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on October 21, 2007, 01:17:28 PM

Quote from: Raghavan on October 21, 2007, 01:18:22 PM
At this point, Wimmer is just spewing BS out of his ass.

Here's a bunch of MBs that could pass for a bus/minivan (MULTI-SEATER).

PWNED

1895 Benz Omnibus
Offering a seating capacity for 8 people, the Benz Omnibus was the world's first bus. They were used for public transportation between Siegen-Netphen-Deuz, only for a weeks however since massive rainfalls made the muddy roads impassable. The originals have been lost, the model shown is a replica.

1899 Daimler Motor-Gesch?ftswagen
The Daimler Gesch?ftswagen (business vehicle) was the forerunner of today's commercial vans (Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Econoline etc.). A Phoenix engine powered the car and enabled it to transport freight with a maximum weight of 500 kg.

Mercedes-Benz L 406 Kastenwagen
The L 406 is a representative of the L 319 van series. Introduced in 1955, the model offered an innovative and ground breaking design that distinguished it from trucks.

Heck, the L406 is basically a minivan in commercial disguise. These were also sold as "minibuses" to private and commercial buyers meaning they were available in better trim for family use.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Quote from: Raghavan on October 21, 2007, 01:12:10 PM
Well, you're a fucking dumbass. So there.
And it still looks awesome and always makes me stare when one drives by.
Unlike a certain POS Intrepid. I can't think of one car that I could care less of.

I CARE LESS ABOUT THE CAMRY HYBRID!!!!!!!! AND A GRAND CARAVAN!!!!!

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on October 21, 2007, 01:18:52 PM
Most of the cars you just showed are ugly overrated

Read the history behind them. They are not overrated.  :ohyeah:

You want overrated? I got a five letter word for you: L E X U S

Now that stuff is MEGA-OVERRATED.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 21, 2007, 01:24:07 PM
I CARE LESS ABOUT THE CAMRY HYBRID!!!!!!!! AND A GRAND CARAVAN!!!!!
Oh yeah, that is true. :devil:

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 21, 2007, 01:22:53 PM
That's bullshit. Ever heard of the Scout Scarab?

I like Mercedes a lot too, but you're taking it WAY too far. Jake Miller's taken over you.

I am not taking this too far at all, just CLEARING UP A FEW THINGS.  :ohyeah:

Dodge/Chrysler might have been the first to make minivans popular for the family, but they didn't exactly invent this concept. In fact, I am sure there were probably a few unheard of European manufacturers that came up with this concept before Dodge and even before MB.

People always claim that "BMW invented the sports sedan". Did they? Because Daimler and Benz were offering cars in the 1900s all the way to the 1930s that were considered sport sedans - and were sporty for their time.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:23:23 PM

PWNED

1895 Benz Omnibus
Offering a seating capacity for 8 people, the Benz Omnibus was the world's first bus. They were used for public transportation between Siegen-Netphen-Deuz, only for a weeks however since massive rainfalls made the muddy roads impassable. The originals have been lost, the model shown is a replica.

What a POS! Look at those skinny little tyres! Leaf springs? No shocks? That is the worst front end design I've ever seen in my life. The headlights look like something you hang on a Christmas tree, and the steering wheel looks straight off the plumbing  in my basement. Don't even get me started on the panel gaps!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:28:29 PM
I am not taking this too far at all, just CLEARING UP A FEW THINGS.  :ohyeah:

Dodge/Chrysler might have been the first to make minivans popular for the family, but they didn't exactly invent this concept. In fact, I am sure there were probably a few unheard of European manufacturers that came up with this concept before Dodge and even before MB.

People always claim that "BMW invented the sports sedan". Did they? Because Daimler and Benz were offering cars in the 1900s all the way to the 1930s that were considered sport sedans - and were sporty for their time.  :ohyeah:

Infiniti G35

That is all.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 21, 2007, 01:30:19 PM
Infiniti G35

That is all.

Infiniti didn't invent the sports sedan. They just showed BMW how to make them cheaper.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 21, 2007, 01:32:50 PM
Kids.

Know what? Call me a n00b, but please explain your joke. I still don't get it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:32:43 PM
Infiniti didn't invent the sports sedan. They just showed BMW how to make them cheaper.  :lol:

And not quite as good. I'd like to see every G35/3-series review re-done without price taken into account. There's a reason the G35 costs less money.

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 21, 2007, 01:39:48 PM
And not quite as good. I'd like to see every G35/3-series review re-done without price taken into account. There's a reason the G35 costs less money.

Trust me, BMW is still and will always be the Ultimate Driving Machine. Infiniti might come close, but they can't recreate the BMW passion and motorsport heritage.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:18:31 PM
Proof please.

Every quality survey in the world in the last 20 years.

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2007, 01:23:23 PM

My Jeep has multi-seats: that doesn't make it a minivan.

Buses are buses, not minivans.

1895 Benz Omnibus

That's a bus, not a minivan.

Besides, it isn't a Benz: it was built after-market by Netphener Omnibusgesellschaft.

Quote1899 Daimler Motor-Gesch?ftswagen
The Daimler Gesch?ftswagen (business vehicle) was the forerunner of today's commercial vans (Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Econoline etc.). A Phoenix engine powered the car and enabled it to transport freight with a maximum weight of 500 kg.

Trucks aren't minivans, and minivans are by definition not truck-based.

QuoteMercedes-Benz L 406 Kastenwagen
The L 406 is a representative of the L 319 van series. Introduced in 1955, the model offered an innovative and ground breaking design that distinguished it from trucks.

Heck, the L406 is basically a minivan in commercial disguise. These were also sold as "minibuses" to private and commercial buyers meaning they were available in better trim for family use.

It's a forward-control van. Congratulations, you found a forward control van that debuted five years after the VW Type 2. It's a body on frame truck, it's not a minivan.

First minivan was arguably the Stout Scarab, probably the VW Type 2, and now defined by the Dodge Caravan.

Raza

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 21, 2007, 01:39:48 PM

Says the guy with a BMW in his name, avatar, and signature. 

Price has to be taken into account because the price matters.  If you disregard price you should be allowed to disregard any other thing.  Like BMW's historically shitty brakes (according to Evo, I haven't driven every BMW), or the Infiniti's high weight. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 21, 2007, 01:35:49 PM
Know what? Call me a n00b, but please explain your joke. I still don't get it.

Jake Miller likes the Infiniti G35. That was a very Jake Miller-y post that I quoted, so i said "Infiniti G35". Wimmer, whom the joke was intended at, got it, so stfu.