The effects of ultra-cold weather...

Started by 850CSi, January 25, 2008, 11:31:54 AM

Secret Chimp

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 30, 2008, 12:13:03 PM
We'll see. :evildude:

The Trep can pwn the Santa Fe in a straight line AND curves because your turd will roll. Plus, your car has a lower MSRP and is a Hyundai.

Yeah, just glaze over my Honda. It may be slow on paper but I have my eBay brum-brum tube underhood.
And send me a postcard letter when your transmission rolls past 180,000 miles and doesn't sound like that weird Vincent Price waiter guy from the Simpsons when it shifts :P

(Admittedly mine sometimes goes "ooohREEEAllyyy")

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

Okay, so my car did something really funky the other day. First it started without issue, but it didn't run, it just died. So, I figured I didn't hold the key long enough, but when I went to try again, the gauges didn't come on (the radio did), so I assume that means the fuel pump didn't turn on either. I tried a couple of times with no success. So, I popped the hood, wiggled the battery cables, and then waited for a few minutes (saw a friend in the parking lot) and it started right up. Could this be the battery or would it be some problem with the ignition system?

And, shortly afterwards, I hit a curb fast enough to blow a tire (which is evidently not very fast at all, like 10 mph). 2 hours at Discount Tire (I had a warranty though) is a great way to spend a Friday night.

Gotta-Qik-C7

If the cables moved that was most likely the problem.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

TBR

They really didn't move at all. I am going to have it tested Tuesday I think.

TBR

The battery tested good, the Autozone guy thought it was probably a short in the ignition system. If I don't  sell it I am going to take it in and have them look for it. While I am at it I'll have the transmission fluid changed, the vacuum leak looked for, the oil leak looked for (but most likely not fixed), and see if they can grease the suspension bits (they groan like crazy when it is cold).