Which do you prefer...

Mayo
17 (65.4%)
Miracle Whip
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

TBR

Quote from: Laconian on April 29, 2008, 12:01:13 PM
My tastes are largely the result of what I ate when I was growing up. My parents only bought nonfat milk, so to me, 1% and 2% milk just taste too creamy. They bought Adams peanut butter instead of Jif, so I eat that now (although the stirring is still a pain in the ass.) And they bought Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

Mayonnaise doesn't add any taste to a sandwich, just sort of a bland wet taste, but Miracle Whip adds a nice zip that makes the sandwich contents taste fresher.

I agree with you on the milk, I can't stand whole milk.

Oh, hate to break it to you guys, but check out a bottle of mayo, the second ingredient is corn syrup.

Also, I eat almost exclusively at chains, but that is all we have (besides a very good tex-mex restuarant (my favorite place to eat), a chinese restaurant (I don't eat Chinese food though), and an Italian place that will likely be shut down soon thanks to a new Olive Garden (Joe's is supposed to be good, I've never been though)).

Lebowski

Quote from: TBR on May 07, 2008, 11:26:26 PM

Oh, hate to break it to you guys, but check out a bottle of mayo, the second ingredient is corn syrup.

I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

1) Mayo comes in jars, not bottles

2) The second ingredient in the mayo in my fridge is pasteurized eggs.  The first is soy oil.  Corn syrup isn't on the ingredients list.

r0tor

Quote from: akuma_supreme on May 06, 2008, 12:25:31 PM
So five pages in, it appears that mayonnaise is in fact the winner, provided that the Super Delegates don't throw the election results in some smoke-filled back room.   :tounge:

i'm talking to the super delegates and they are taking bribes from the miracle whip lobby
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TBR

Oh crap, I feel like an idiot. That was actually Miracle Whip (I don't use either).
Quote from: Lebowski on May 08, 2008, 05:39:20 AM
I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

1) Mayo comes in jars, not bottles

2) The second ingredient in the mayo in my fridge is pasteurized eggs.  The first is soy oil.  Corn syrup isn't on the ingredients list.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: TBR on May 07, 2008, 11:26:26 PM

Ingredients of "Fresh & Easy" brand Mayo (by no means a fancy brand:

Soybean oil, water, cider vinegar, whole eggs, egg yolks.  Contains less than 2% of: salt, spice, lemon juice concentrate, natural flavors.

I think you may be mistaking mayonnaise with Miracle Whip.  That godless abomination does include high-fructose corn syrup, aka Satan's Own sugar substitute.   :ohyeah:

r0tor

the superdelegates vote Miracle Whip  :praise:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

akuma_supreme

Quote from: r0tor on May 08, 2008, 05:29:38 PM
the superdelegates vote Miracle Whip  :praise:

The high-fructose corn syrup lobby must have bought them off.   :tounge: