Lexus LF-A pricing leaked

Started by SVT666, May 21, 2008, 12:23:31 PM

NomisR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 04, 2008, 11:13:59 AM
Gosh, when I hear the name LS600h I think of horses galloping on a green grass field! I think of birds chirping and flying around in a place that looks like paradise! I think of a little girl putting her mouth on the exhaust of an LS600h and breathing in and then smiling at her mother. But all of a sudden this world falls apart and I see pollution and I see the horses and birds dying and the little girl and her mommy turning to ashes. Oh no, an evil S600 just drove by! Incredible what that car just did for the environment! Shame on Mercedes! Everyone should drive LS600h's and protect the planet!

OMG, ROTFL, haha, they really should make a commercial like that.  I'd buy whatever evil car they had in that commercial. 

It's just like that Audi commercial with the Audi sliding into a parking space poking fun at the Lexus park for you system. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 04, 2008, 11:55:11 AM
What do you mean there is nothing to get excited about when you hear Lexus...

You heard me, there's nothing emotionally appealing about the Lexus brand to me. I've already admitted that the big reason I like MB is because I was and am fascinated by their history and heritage. Those two things pulled me into the MB brand and got me interested and passionate about them. I cannot produce the same emotions or feelings for Lexus because their history is lacks so many of the elements that made Mercedes-Benz "Mercedes-Benz" or BMW "BMW", Jaguar "Jaguar", Cadillac "Cadillac", Fiat "Fiat", Citroen "Citroen" etc.

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 04, 2008, 11:55:11 AMWhat about the CARS?

Technically outstanding but again, they don't interest me. Furthermore some Lexus cars are just cramped as hell. I used to admire the current GS but the more I saw it the uglier it became to me and the interior space is a joke. I honestly couldn't fit comfortable in the front or rear no matter how often I adjusted the seats (at a Lexus show in a nearby town were everyone had full access to the cars).
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 04, 2008, 03:45:49 PM
Wimmer, you go on about how MB makes exciting cars. The cars, sans the AMG cars, aren't much more exciting than an equivalent Lexus. I am not denying that they are better to drive, but that is FAR from the goal of MB. Since driving experience has to go on with prestige and whatnot, I hereby declare BMW more prestigious.

Where do I say that Mercedes' makes exciting cars? I never said that. I said what "excites" me about Mercedes is their history and heritage and of course some of their cars. The A-, SLK-, CLK-, GL- and new C-Class for example are pretty fun to drive and so was the new S550 I tried. Of course here in Europe we have sharper steering and sportier suspension setups compared to the watered down setup you receive in the US so that accounts for a lot of "fun" in terms of handling and control.

I'm sure Lexus has some fun cars in their lineup like the IS/IS-F and that new LX570 look pretty interesting to drive but the rest of the lineup make this "ultra cushy" impression on me. I read about Lexus testdrives on American car sites and I get the impression that cars like the ES and LS and SC are just floaters in that sense. The GS is apparently marketed as a sports sedan but just totally lacks the handling and even comfort qualities of its competitors from what I've read.

Either way I simply find MB's more appealing and of course they're a brand with heritage and history - two things which I like and which interest me and have shaped my fascination with this brand.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: NomisR on June 04, 2008, 05:27:33 PM
OMG, ROTFL, haha, they really should make a commercial like that.  I'd buy whatever evil car they had in that commercial. 

It's just like that Audi commercial with the Audi sliding into a parking space poking fun at the Lexus park for you system. 

And at the end of it...

LEXUS: The Passionate Pursuit of Preserving The Environment

:wtf:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

I read the LF-A they entered into the 24hrs of Nurburg a few weeks ago was the closest car to production yet, and when it was running correctly was the fastest on the track...

4.8L V-10 with a carbon fiber body.... can't argue with that
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: r0tor on June 09, 2008, 06:09:39 AM
I read the LF-A they entered into the 24hrs of Nurburg a few weeks ago was the closest car to production yet, and when it was running correctly was the fastest on the track...

4.8L V-10 with a carbon fiber body.... can't argue with that

You can easily argue with that.  The Mercedes SL350 might only have 6 cylinders, but it has the heritage that the Lexus can only dream of  :ohyeah:

Vinsanity

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on June 09, 2008, 10:18:45 AM
You can easily argue with that.  The Mercedes SL350 might only have 6 cylinders, but it has the heritage that the Lexus can only dream of  :ohyeah:

hey, same goes for the Chevy Impala :ohyeah:

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Vinsanity

HurricaneSteve

The most fun I ever had in a Mercedes was pissing in the gas tank of one. Whooooooo what a rush that was...it sure as hell was more exciting than driving one.

AltinD

Yeah, like I was really asking what Impala was?

Sigma Projects

i hope they make the next Impala as nice as they did with the Malibu.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Vinsanity

NomisR

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on June 09, 2008, 12:31:24 PM
The most fun I ever had in a Mercedes was pissing in the gas tank of one. Whooooooo what a rush that was...it sure as hell was more exciting than driving one.

But it has heritage!  Just that one Mercedes is full of heritage AND piss!

AltinD

Quote from: Sigma Projects on June 10, 2008, 12:08:52 PM
i hope they make the next Impala as nice as they did with the Malibu.

GM sells here the Holden Commodore as Chevrolet Lumina and the Stateman as Caprice. Convert the speedometer in MPH and there you go, 2 nice GM products.

omicron

Quote from: AltinD on June 11, 2008, 11:02:05 AM
GM sells here the Holden Commodore as Chevrolet Lumina and the Stateman as Caprice. Convert the speedometer in MPH and there you go, 2 nice GM products.

You get some interesting trim levels for the Caprice, too - a base LS specification that we don't have, body-coloured grilles on the SS, and our base Statesman grille on the top Royale.

Sigma Projects

Quote from: AltinD on June 11, 2008, 11:02:05 AM

that would be nice. Where are you located?

AltinD

AltinD

Quote from: omicron on June 11, 2008, 11:41:20 AM
You get some interesting trim levels for the Caprice, too - a base LS specification that we don't have, body-coloured grilles on the SS, and our base Statesman grille on the top Royale.

I liked more the interiours and look of the SS then the Royal. Before the car use to be popular especially with the local Emarati population, but in the last 2 generations most of the cars are being sold as Hotel or taxi services limos and a surprisenly big number of them have headrest mounted TFT screen for the the rear passangers. Not many seams to be sold to private persons. Even sales of the Lumina (Commodore) seams to have gone down in the last couple of years. Probably their costumer base moved on to Lexus IS and Infiniti G35, which numbers have increased allot.

Sigma Projects