2010 Camaro Revealed

Started by CJ, July 18, 2008, 02:10:21 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on July 18, 2008, 08:01:53 PM
Is that the power door look button below the hazard switch?  :nono:

You've never driven a BMW, have you?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: the Teuton on July 19, 2008, 05:34:11 PM

I see several things in the camaro's interior that looks lifted from BMW, the graphic for the cruise control is a carbon copy. Also as you pointed out a central(single) lock button is another(though not exclusive to BMW).

I just can't get into this car, the exterior looks hacked together to me, by comparison the mustang was a much better "redo" of a classic car. The camaro looks big, fat and plain akward. The front end(while retro) is just unappealing(once again, mustang 10 times better) and that theme is carried through all over the exterior from front to back.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: the Teuton on July 19, 2008, 05:34:11 PM
Yep! And it doesn't make sense on them either!  :rage:

It seems like a pain in the ass to have to reach that far to unlock (espcially on a 2 door) the damn doors. I might as well reach a lil farther and open the door myself!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rich

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on July 19, 2008, 06:53:30 PM
Yep! And it doesn't make sense on them either!  :rage:

It seems like a pain in the ass to have to reach that far to unlock (espcially on a 2 door) the damn doors. I might as well reach a lil farther and open the door myself!

It should be the same distance to the power window switch on the door panel (which is the place power door lock buttons usually get placed).  In the MINI the power lock button was the center toggle on the toggle switch panel and it wasn't an inconvenience.  Well, it was to new passengers who couldn't figure out how to unlock the door when they wanted to get out :lol:  (two pulls on the door handle or flipping the unlock toggle unlocks the doors)

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: HotRodPilot on July 19, 2008, 07:06:48 PM
It should be the same distance to the power window switch on the door panel (which is the place power door lock buttons usually get placed).  In the MINI the power lock button was the center toggle on the toggle switch panel and it wasn't an inconvenience.  Well, it was to new passengers who couldn't figure out how to unlock the door when they wanted to get out :lol:  (two pulls on the door handle or flipping the unlock toggle unlocks the doors)

But the position on the door would have a more "natural' feel. You wouldn't have to reach,your hand would just fall into place.  :huh:

Rich

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on July 19, 2008, 07:18:47 PM
But the position on the door would have a more "natural' feel. You wouldn't have to reach,your hand would just fall into place.  :huh:

I guess it's personal preference.  I'm driving a Mazda 6 rental right now and I find it a pain in the butt to look down at all the little buttons on the drivers door panel to find the one I want to use.  The past two cars I've had have had one button (power window on Wagon R) or none (MINI) and have enjoyed their button use more :devil: :lol:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: HotRodPilot on July 19, 2008, 07:24:59 PM
I guess it's personal preference.  I'm driving a Mazda 6 rental right now and I find it a pain in the butt to look down at all the little buttons on the drivers door panel to find the one I want to use.  The past two cars I've had have had one button (power window on Wagon R) or none (MINI) and have enjoyed their button use more :devil: :lol:
I understand. I think by the shifter would have been better position but I'll get used to it!  :wub:

r0tor

i'd be screwed since i normally lock the doors with the switch on the door after i'm out of the car....
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

ChrisV

Quote from: r0tor on July 20, 2008, 09:41:03 AM
i'd be screwed since i normally lock the doors with the switch on the door after i'm out of the car....

I normally lock the doors with the remote.

Once you own and live with a car, knowing where its various controls are become second nature.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: r0tor on July 20, 2008, 09:41:03 AM
Now you have to reach inside to unlock/lock the door for the passenger. I guesse GM figures you'll use the key fob.   

S204STi

I dig it.  The interior isn't the greatest thing ever but it blows the Challenger out of the water, hands down.

The power train is clearly superior to the Mustang, and should have little trouble keeping up with Dodge, and if the pricing stays low as rumored it should be a bit of a performance bargain.

Payman

I love it. I love the interior, the exterior, the engines choices... all of it.

This car has no business existing today, but it does. And some of you have nothing better to do than bitch and moan about it.

FlatBlackCaddy

I don't think the pricing is going to be all that great considering the current base engine.

I don't remember what the previous car went for, but i recall v8's being a deal at 23-25K.

This new car i believe with the "high feature" v6 will probably start in the 23-25K range with the V8's touching close to 30(28K for the lower output V8 and maybe 31-32K for the 400HP 8). The higher cost of the V6(production cost) added to the fact that GM NEEDS to make money off this car leads me to believe they will price it similar to what i mentioned above.

The G8 pricing also leads me to believe that they won't offer a 2 door camaro with a v8 powertrain for several thousand less than you get it in a G8.

FlatBlackCaddy

Plus with a V6 base price at 23K it leaves the door open for a 20K turbo 4 model in the future if gm goes with that.

GoCougs

I forgot about the G8 GT, and the bargain $$ that that portends for the Camaro. However to me that says the base 416 hp SS could possibly come in at under $30k, and if so, wow, what a coup.

I don't know what their sales targets are, but to make a go of it they'll have to get really aggressive.

CMan

Quote from: Raza  on July 18, 2008, 11:10:42 PM
Although if they price it similarly to the Mustang, it should kill it.  The V6 is as powerful as the Mustang's V8. 

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. 296 HP is pretty good.

Challenger>Camaro>Mustang
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on July 20, 2008, 10:12:10 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. 296 HP is pretty good.

Challenger>Camaro>Mustang
This is assuming the Mustang stays as is...and it's not.  At the most, the Camaro will have a horsepower advantage for 6 months.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 20, 2008, 11:09:30 PM
This is assuming the Mustang stays as is...and it's not.  At the most, the Camaro will have a horsepower advantage for 6 months.

At least the Mustang will still look better for those six months.

I wonder, though, if the V6 will be more fuel efficient than the Mustang's engine choices.  Neither the V8 nor V6 in the Mustang are even particularly efficient in the current form.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=15254.msg852522#msg852522 date=1216617160
At least the Mustang will still look better for those six months.

I wonder, though, if the V6 will be more fuel efficient than the Mustang's engine choices.  Neither the V8 nor V6 in the Mustang are even particularly efficient in the current form.
The Mustang is getting the new 3.6L V6.  The V8 isn't too bad as long it gets a 6 speed. 

GoCougs

There's no way the base Mustang GT will get 85+ hp (V6) 100+ hp (V8) bumps to stay even with the Camaro by 2010. Ford has never really been known for major power bumps.

If the Camaro is priced upmarket, then there's no faulting the performance bargain that is the Mustang. However, if the Camaro has price parity with the Mustang, wow, then that's that. 

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on July 20, 2008, 11:46:30 PM
There's no way the base Mustang GT will get 85+ hp (V6) 100+ hp (V8) bumps to stay even with the Camaro by 2010. Ford has never really been known for major power bumps.

If the Camaro is priced upmarket, then there's no faulting the performance bargain that is the Mustang. However, if the Camaro has price parity with the Mustang, wow, then that's that. 

I still don't think I'd buy a car that ugly. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

If it stays at its current weight it won't need huge HP increases.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

r0tor

i'd rather buy a Suzuki SX4t
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

NomisR

That car looks so dated already even before it comes out.

ChrisV

Other than the area around the radio, with the funky playstation shaped switches, I like the interior. And I love the exterior. Classic Camaro with modern touches and detailing.

GoCougs

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 21, 2008, 08:56:29 AM
If it stays at its current weight it won't need huge HP increases.

The Camaro with those engine options will tower over the Mustang in acceleration performance; especially so with the 6sp AT/MT.

However I doubt that it will outsell or even come close to the Mustang's sales volume.

Depends on your definition of "need" I guess.

The more I think about, the more the Camaro could be stacking up to be one of the best vehicles "GM" has ever built.

SVT666

No, you're right.  But with all the hype around the Camaro and the big power it will be putting down, and that it's the only true competitor for the Mustang, Ford will have to bump power in a big way.  BTW the GT500 only has 110 more horsepower then the Cobra did.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: GoCougs on July 21, 2008, 11:22:11 AM
The Camaro with those engine options will tower over the Mustang in acceleration performance; especially so with the 6sp AT/MT.

However I doubt that it will outsell or even come close to the Mustang's sales volume.

Depends on your definition of "need" I guess.

The more I think about, the more the Camaro could be stacking up to be one of the best vehicles "GM" has ever built.
+1

Raza

And one of the ugliest.
Aztek looked prettier!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on July 21, 2008, 12:35:19 PM
And one of the ugliest.
Aztek looked prettier!

Completely disagree. I think it looks great. I'd love one in Bumblebee pearl yellow.

Do Want!