Do you believe in God?

Yes
17 (43.6%)
No
19 (48.7%)
I dunno
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Well this is obviously simplifying things, so if you don't quite fit into those three categories you can explain your complex stance on the existance of God in this thread.

I personally fit neatly into the "No" category.  I currently don't believe in God, nor have I ever believed in God.  I'm not one of those anti-religious atheists though,  as long as you don't try to convert me or blow me up, I'm fine with whatever extremist rituals or beliefs you have.

Soup DeVille

Where's that damned flame suit when I need it?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

This whole thread is going to need a flame suit.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

Yes.  And Jesus doesn't love you.

hounddog

A little.

I have a hard time understanding how someone can claim there is no God.  But, I understand how they have a hard time understanding that I put my life in His hands, so I guess we are even.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

TBR

Quote from: TBR on September 14, 2008, 08:35:09 PM
Most of you know how I voted.

How did you vote? I really don't know.

the Teuton

I guess I'm the only agnostic here.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Agnostics are worthless pussies who aren't fucking man enough to make a decision.  Agnostics are almost as bad as the religious. 

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on September 14, 2008, 09:10:28 PM
Agnostics are worthless pussies who aren't fucking man enough to make a decision.  Agnostics are almost as bad as the religious. 

I'll never be a Bible thumper, old or new testament, but for some odd reason, I haven't given up on the idea of there being a god.

Maybe the only god out there is me.  I don't know yet.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on September 14, 2008, 09:17:00 PM
I'll never be a Bible thumper, old or new testament, but for some odd reason, I haven't given up on the idea of there being a god.

Maybe the only god out there is me.  I don't know yet.

Yes, there is a god, you stupid fuck.

Even if you don't believe, Jesus is always with you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on September 14, 2008, 09:23:21 PM
Yes, there is a god, you stupid fuck.

Even if you don't believe, Jesus is always with you.

Jesus was a messenger, a hype man, an early-era Flava Flav, if you will.

SVT666

No, and if I'm wrong, then God ain't what man has made him out to be.  Hounddog says he can't understand how someone can claim there is no god, well I can't understand how someone can claim there is a god.  Like I said though, if there is and I'm wrong, then god ain't all good.  If he is real, then he's one sadistic fuck.  There I said it.  Flame away.

Soup DeVille

Whether or not there is a god is an unanswerable question, so it makes no sense to ask it.

All I can say is that I see no overall difference in the fortunes or level of happiness between those who believe and those who don't, so the only thing to assume is that if there is a god, he takes very little active interest in the affairs of man. This goes back to an argument Epicurus made in ancient Greece.

From whence comes evil?
Is God omnipotent but unwilling? Then he is sadistic.
Is he willing but unable? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he neither willing nor able? Then why call him god?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Onslaught

I'm with HEMI. There is no God. And if I'm wrong then he/she is an ass hole who sure wants us to kiss his ass all the time. That is if he's anything like these backward religions preach.
I live a good life and I'm nice to anyone who's nice back. I give to the poor when I can and try and take the best care of my little part of the earth as possible. If I'm wrong and that's not good enough
for Mr.God then he can go screw himself. I'll try and rack him in the nuts before he sends me off to hell.

But I personally believe that when I die then it's just lights out. So I'm not going to worry about it.

Onslaught

Quote from: the Teuton on September 14, 2008, 09:35:25 PM
Jesus was a messenger, a hype man, an early-era Flava Flav, if you will.
From now on I'll think of him with a big clock around his neck.

Yea boy!

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on September 14, 2008, 10:21:54 PM
I'm with HEMI. There is no God. And if I'm wrong then he/she is an ass hole who sure wants us to kiss his ass all the time. That is if he's anything like these backward religions preach.
I live a good life and I'm nice to anyone who's nice back. I give to the poor when I can and try and take the best care of my little part of the earth as possible. If I'm wrong and that's not good enough
for Mr.God then he can go screw himself. I'll try and rack him in the nuts before he sends me off to hell.

But I personally believe that when I die then it's just lights out. So I'm not going to worry about it.

+2. Mankind's greatest hoax.

hounddog

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 14, 2008, 10:12:50 PM
No, and if I'm wrong, then God ain't what man has made him out to be.  Hounddog says he can't understand how someone can claim there is no god, well I can't understand how someone can claim there is a god.  Like I said though, if there is and I'm wrong, then god ain't all good.  If he is real, then he's one sadistic fuck.  There I said it.  Flame away.
Your right to believe however you want, of course.  That is the beauty of free will.  We have had a similar conversation in the past.  My job is not to convert anyone, I am not strong enough as a person anymore.

But, your post sounds like an angry child yelling at his parents.  (and please do not take that as I am calling you childish, childlike, a baby or anything remotely similar)  You might know those, "I hate you."   "You are so unfair."  "You hate me." 

Interesting response.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 14, 2008, 10:17:27 PMThis goes back to an argument Epicurus made in ancient Greece.

From whence comes evil?
Is God omnipotent but unwilling? Then he is sadistic.
Is he willing but unable? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he neither willing nor able? Then why call him god?
Not exactly, as you may or may not recall, the Greeks did not believe in one single god.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Onslaught

I get angry. Not at any of you guys but in my area if you're not a good little Christian then somethings wrong with you. And people try and turn me to the dark side all the time.
I'm not offended that someone believes in something that's crazy to me. Why the Hell do they have to look at me the way they do when I say I don't believe? It's to the point that I
want to just knock the fuck out of the next one that tells me I'm wrong.

And this time of year with voting brings out debates on other Christian views I don't agree with.

hounddog

Onslaught, you are wrong.

:lol:

And, you are crazy, only people who believe in God are right.

:lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on September 14, 2008, 10:28:18 PM
Your right to believe however you want, of course.  That is the beauty of free will.  We have had a similar conversation in the past.  My job is not to convert anyone, I am not strong enough as a person anymore.

But, your post sounds like an angry child yelling at his parents.  (and please do not take that as I am calling you childish, childlike, a baby or anything remotely similar)  You might know those, "I hate you."   "You are so unfair."  "You hate me." 

Interesting response.
What part of my response sounds like that Hounddog?  I re-read it and nothing stands out as like a "child yelling at his parents".  

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on September 14, 2008, 10:33:44 PM
I get angry. Not at any of you guys but in my area if you're not a good little Christian then somethings wrong with you. And people try and turn me to the dark side all the time.
I'm not offended that someone believes in something that's crazy to me. Why the Hell do they have to look at me the way they do when I say I don't believe? It's to the point that I
want to just knock the fuck out of the next one that tells me I'm wrong.

And this time of year with voting brings out debates on other Christian views I don't agree with.
What pisses me off is the red herring that's brought up every single election:  Abortion.  FUCK, THESE RIGHT WING CHRISTIAN WINGNUTS ARE GOING TO TAKE WOMEN'S RIGHTS AWAY.  Fuck off.  It's never happened, and it never will.  It's a red herring and yet it gets massive news coverage.  What I find most ironic and amusing about the whole situation, is that friendly Christians are trying to scare the voting Christians into not voting for the scary Christian because as a Christian the scary Christian might want you to live like the Christian you profess to being.

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 14, 2008, 10:43:56 PM
What pisses me off is the red herring that's brought up every single election:  Abortion.  FUCK, THESE RIGHT WING CHRISTIAN WINGNUTS ARE GOING TO TAKE WOMEN'S RIGHTS AWAY.  Fuck off.  It's never happened, and it never will.  It's a red herring and yet it gets massive news coverage.  What I find most ironic and amusing about the whole situation, is that friendly Christians are trying to scare the voting Christians into not voting for the scary Christian because as a Christian the scary Christian might want you to live like the Christian you profess to being.

Someone needs to take a chill pill. Why don't you try to look at this from the Christian point of view instead of just from your own?

The Christian POV is that every life is God ordained, this makes life especially sacred to Christians and promotes the idea that life begins at conception. So, to a Christian, abortion is murder. They are not trying to take a woman's rights away; they are trying to protect the rights of a baby. I understand your POV so please attempt to understand mine.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 14, 2008, 10:43:56 PM

Well, abortion was illegal for quite a long time, but otherwise you're right: its not going to be illegal again; at least there's not much of a chance of it anytime soon: and electing a pro-life VP sure isn't going to make it happen.

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on September 14, 2008, 10:47:21 PM
Someone needs to take a chill pill. Why don't you try to look at this from the Christian point of view instead of just from your own?

The Christian POV is that every life is God ordained, this makes life especially sacred to Christians and promotes the idea that life begins at conception. So, to a Christian, abortion is murder. They are not trying to take a woman's rights away; they are trying to protect the rights of a baby. I understand your POV so please attempt to understand mine.
Read my post again, I'm not angry, in fact I'm more amused then anything.  I think you totally and completely missed the point I was making.  See TBR's post below your own.

hounddog

That is a very good post, TBR.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

TBR

"FUCK, THESE RIGHT WING CHRISTIAN WINGNUTS ARE GOING TO TAKE WOMEN'S RIGHTS AWAY.  Fuck off. "

If that isn't angry, then what is it?

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on September 14, 2008, 10:55:13 PM
"FUCK, THESE RIGHT WING CHRISTIAN WINGNUTS ARE GOING TO TAKE WOMEN'S RIGHTS AWAY.  Fuck off. "

If that isn't angry, then what is it?
Well, it is nothing more then me paraphrasing what comes out of the scare mongers mouths every time an election rolls around and someone who is pro-life is running for office.  It's basically what they're saying.  I thought it was pretty clear what I was doing.  If not, then I will try harder next time.