The 2009 TL... I'm starting to like...

Started by YO, February 14, 2009, 02:27:48 PM

YO

Holy crap. The more TLs I see in traffic, the more I like. It looks STRONG
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Submariner

It looks like diarrhea. 

As for more TL's...I've seen one new one.  In the same period of time I have seen more

a. Bentley GT's
b. Mercedes SLR's
c. Face lifted RL's

Face it...even if it is a good car, it looks like ass. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ifcar

I actually like the outside, except for the grille and parts of the rear. The inside, not so much.

Submariner

Quote from: ifcar on February 14, 2009, 02:40:01 PM
I actually like the outside, except for the grille and parts of the rear. The inside, not so much.

If this was the RL, I'd agree.  Especially if we were talking about the pre facelift.  I actually genuinely like it...the TL OTOH is an abomination of epic proportions. 

ifcar

Quote from: Submariner on February 14, 2009, 02:41:09 PM
If this was the RL, I'd agree.  Especially if we were talking about the pre facelift.  I actually genuinely like it...the TL OTOH is an abomination of epic proportions. 

The 2009 RL is the 2005's basic design of elegant simplicity (though borderline bland) with tacky design cues slapped on the front and rear in an attempt to make it look newer. I was talking about the TL.

CJ

The TL is simply hideous.  It's just the wrong car.

Laconian

The TL is the Integra Girl of cars. Everything's good until... OH GOD, THE FACE!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

The more TL's I see on the road, the more tasteless people whose homes I hope I never have the curse of seeing I see on the road.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MX793

Quote from: Laconian on February 14, 2009, 03:04:44 PM
The TL is the Integra Girl of cars. Everything's good until... OH GOD, THE FACE!

I don't find any part of that car to be particularly attractive.  The profile isn't great, it sort of looks like the previous gen Maxima from some angles.  The front is awful, as is the rear.  Both ends suffer from the same problem:  there's way too much "bumper" (if you can call it that, there's no clear definition of exactly where it is, which is another problem) surface area.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CALL_911

YO, it's not the car you like, it's the badge.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

I think the 2005 RL was a very attractive, but generic car. The current model, though, is pretty tacky. I have never liked the interior either, they were trying too hard.

"Trying too hard," can also be used to describe the entirety of the new TL.

2o6

The proportions are dumb, it's trying to hide the fact it's a FWD car. If Acura is going to stick with FWD, then their designs are going to have to be outlandish, good outlandish, not bad/ugly outlandish.

sportyaccordy

Its fucking ugly as hell. It's gonna fail

Catman

I think it's ugly and kind of cool at the same time.  I think the new Maxima is a little bit more interesting though.

Submariner

Quote from: Catman on February 14, 2009, 08:17:56 PM
I think it's ugly and kind of cool at the same time.  I think the new Maxima is a little bit more interesting though.

The new Maxima looks eons better, inside and out.

FlatBlackCaddy

Saw one today, the front end literally shocked me. Horrible.

GoCougs

Quote from: Catman on February 14, 2009, 08:17:56 PM

The new Maxima is fantastic looking.

I've seen a number of the new TLs, and think they look much better in person. 

cawimmer430

Am I the only one that thinks that the new Acura grille actually looks good on the TL?  :huh:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

YO

agree

Quote from: GoCougs on February 14, 2009, 11:14:21 PM
The new Maxima is fantastic looking.

I've seen a number of the new TLs, and think they look much better in person. 
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 15, 2009, 04:49:47 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that the new Acura grille actually looks good on the TL?  :huh:

The grille is the least of the TSX's front end problems. The missing headlight chunks are the bigger issue.

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 15, 2009, 04:49:47 AM

Wimmer, that's an illustration of the TL. The actual one looks far, far worse.

YO

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 11:20:16 AM
that's actually a chopped TSX

And it still looks 100x better than the real TL.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

I thought you were banned from having opinions on vehicle "looks" from past purchases...

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 15, 2009, 11:22:02 AM
And it still looks 100x better than the real TL.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 12:16:59 PM
I thought you were banned from having opinions on vehicle "looks" from past purchases...

I don't believe that's how it works.

Anyone who thinks the TL, which makes the Asstek look good, looks good probably shouldn't have an opinion.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

See... the TL makes life more rewarding for you...

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 15, 2009, 12:18:38 PM
I don't believe that's how it works.

Anyone who thinks the TL, which makes the Asstek look good, looks good probably shouldn't have an opinion.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 12:28:07 PM
See... the TL makes life more rewarding for you...

It sure does, if you're Bulimic.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

sandertheshark

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 14, 2009, 04:07:11 PM
The more TL's I see on the road, the more tasteless people whose homes I hope I never have the curse of seeing I see on the road.

:clap:

YO

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS