Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on April 11, 2010, 05:15:01 PM
I don't think he was talking about you in particular.  At least that's not the way I read it.

I didn't think so either, until I read "but that's besides the point, the decision's been made." 

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 11, 2010, 05:14:00 PM

I don't think it needed to be said at all, as it has been countless times before.

That's true.  We should probably get off this line of conversation, and just congratulate Chris on the car.  There's a certain thrill to driving a new car, and I really hope he enjoys it and makes the most of it, in a safe way.  :ohyeah:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Rupert on April 11, 2010, 03:40:15 PM
But... It's not his money, and the money bags don't seem to care about such things, so... What's the problem?

If it's his car, depreciation should absolutely matter. It sure as hell mattered when I made my decision.

If I wanted to, I could sell my car for exactly what I paid 3/4 of a year ago. It's my equity going down the drain, not my parents' (although it is registered to them).

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 11, 2010, 05:21:59 PM

If it's his car, depreciation should absolutely matter. It sure as hell mattered when I made my decision.

If I wanted to, I could sell my car for exactly what I paid 3/4 of a year ago. It's my equity going down the drain, not my parents' (although it is registered to them).

No, it doesn't matter.  I'm going to have this car for a long time.  Consider it like this:

A) I buy a 3-year-old used car for essentially $0 and am able to sell it for $6k in five years.

B) I buy a brand new car for essentially $0 and am able to sell it for $10k in five years.

Which am I gonna choose? :huh:

MaxPower

Congrats.  If you've driven a Bravada and a Lumina then you're in a whole different category from those who drive new luxury cars from the day they got their licenses.

It's also cool you're not getting the uber-trendy LED running lights.  Its like car designers finally discovered the bedazzler.  Besides that, what are the other differences between a premium and a premium plus?  Same engine, anyway, so what does it really matter?

Catman

Quote from: MaxPower on April 11, 2010, 05:28:17 PM
Congrats.  If you've driven a Bravada and a Lumina then you're in a whole different category from those who drive new luxury cars from the day they got their licenses.

It's also cool you're not getting the uber-trendy LED running lights.  Its like car designers finally discovered the bedazzler.  Besides that, what are the other differences between a premium and a premium plus?  Same engine, anyway, so what does it really matter?

He will be laughed at without the LED's.  Totally embarrassing.  :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: MaxPower on April 11, 2010, 05:28:17 PM

It's also cool you're not getting the uber-trendy LED running lights.  Its like car designers finally discovered the bedazzler.  Besides that, what are the other differences between a premium and a premium plus?  Same engine, anyway, so what does it really matter?

Premium Plus gets Homelink (garage door openers...who needs that? I've got one), Bluetooth, three-zone climate control (who cares?), rain/light sensing wipers/headlights (don't need that, I can do it on my own), iPod/Phone interface.  

Nothing necessary, just technology.

And yeah, driving it is a huge step up from the Bravvy and Monte Carlo.  I'm very excited for it.

EDIT:  Of the things I listed, the Homelink/Bluetooth, iPod interface, and heated seats are options.  So with the Premium Plus, you gain the LEDs, 3-zone climate, and auto lamps/wipers.

2o6

Congrats.

Only thing, I'd feel obligated to drive it until the wheels fell off.

giant_mtb

Recap:

Configured as such, the Audi I am getting has an MSRP of $33,755, including destination and options.  The options included are heated seats and the chrome exhaust tips, which is all that is really necessary to please me.  Premium trim, 6-speed manual, Brilliant Black exterior, black leather interior.

The dealer offered to sell it at $32,760.

Out the door, with all taxes and fees included, it's at an out-the-door price of $34,950.

Deposit check is in the mail so that the dealership can snag the car from the port on the East coast.

:cheers:

giant_mtb

Quote from: 2o6 on April 11, 2010, 05:41:21 PM
Congrats.

Only thing, I'd feel obligated to drive it until the wheels fell off.

Thanks man.  And yeah...I'll be doing a lot of driving this summer. :mask:  Thankfully it gets decent gas mileage. :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 11, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
Recap:

Configured as such, the Audi I am getting has an MSRP of $33,755, including destination and options.  The options included are heated seats and the chrome exhaust tips, which is all that is really necessary to please me.  Premium trim, 6-speed manual, Brilliant Black exterior, black leather interior.

The dealer offered to sell it at $32,760.

Out the door, with all taxes and fees included, it's at an out-the-door price of $34,950.

Deposit check is in the mail so that the dealership can snag the car from the port on the East coast.

:cheers:

Be careful with the heated seats.  They'll make you infertile... :lol:

J/K man.  Congratulations and enjoy.  :cheers:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on April 11, 2010, 05:43:58 PM
Be careful with the heated seats.  They'll make you infertile... :lol:

J/K man.  Congratulations and enjoy.  :cheers:

Oh snap!  I better not use them...and stop drinking Coke!

I'll be sure to enjoy the hell out of this vehicle.  I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get it if I can.  Not sure if I can upload pictures from my iPhone to the 'Spin, but I'll try to pose for a picture with it before I partake on my first drive back home! :cheers:

giant_mtb

Oh, and I'm probably going to get a vanity plate that reads: LOTR

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 11, 2010, 05:46:29 PM
Oh snap!  I better not use them...and stop drinking Coke!

I'll be sure to enjoy the hell out of this vehicle.  I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get it if I can.  Not sure if I can upload pictures from my iPhone to the 'Spin, but I'll try to pose for a picture with it before I partake on my first drive back home! :cheers:

I definitely want to see pictures.  I love that car.

Catman

I like the A4 but the new one really is plain for some reason.  I think I like the last model better.

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on April 11, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
I like the A4 but the new one really is plain for some reason.  I think I like the last model better.

It seems that the three main Audi models -- the A4, A6 and A8, now seem like differently sized versions of each other, with less to distinguish them from each other in terms of styling.  I like them, but the styling is very similar among the three.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on April 11, 2010, 06:27:44 PM
It seems that the three main Audi models -- the A4, A6 and A8, now seem like differently sized versions of each other, with less to distinguish them from each other in terms of styling.  I like them, but the styling is very similar among the three.

And for the previous generations...the same stuff inside also.

A fully loaded early 00's A6 had everything my car has :praise:

GoCougs

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 11, 2010, 05:08:53 PM
Yeah?  Tell that to my grandparents, who worked their asses off as second-generation immigrants to get to where they are today, whom then provided for my parents and gave them opportunities like aid and money (for higher education, etc.), whom then worked their asses off so that they could provide the same advantages and help to their kids (myself and my two brothers).  And you assume I'm not going to do the same, having been given these awesome opportunities and fruits of their labor?  I wholly appreciate everything they've done for me, and dream of being able to do the same for my family one day.

You and your "experience" can suck my dick, Cougs.

Interesting. It wasn't directed at you per se as I really don't know anything about you unlike some of the other younger members who talk in length about their family wealth, and if anything the rest of the post was sorta defending you against those criticizing the decision to blow the entire wad on a car and otherwise that it was too much too soon. I even thought I was kinda helping prior in giving advice on the transaction.

I was holding my tongue on this in keeping in line with my trying to turn over a new leaf here on the 'SPIN in trying to be a little more community oriented but unfortunately I feel obliged to return the favor (though don't flatter yourself - I do this primarily because it's so m-f'in g-d obvious):

I think this whole A4 story is 99.9% BS. None of the details of this story add up in any way, shape or form. I won't belabor the point and you can post any and all manner of pictures/proof/anger/whatever, but you'll never convince me this story is legit. The "details" of this thread and your posts of the last few weeks make this scenario virtually impossible. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that I am. This will be my last post in the thread.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: GoCougs on April 11, 2010, 07:03:54 PM
I think this whole A4 story is 99.9% BS. None of the details of this story add up in any way, shape or form. I won't belabor the point and you can post any and all manner of pictures/proof/anger/whatever, but you'll never convince me this story is legit. The "details" of this thread and your posts of the last few weeks make this scenario virtually impossible. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that I am. This will be my last post in the thread.

How on earth could you come to that conclusion?  :wtf:

Youze RETARDED    :facepalm:

dazzleman

Why are you taking the bait for this fight, Chris?  Let it go.  You know the truth, and that's all that really matters.

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on April 11, 2010, 07:16:58 PM
Why are you taking the bait for this fight, Chris?  Let it go.  You know the truth, and that's all that really matters.

That guy.  Is beyond belief.

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on April 11, 2010, 07:03:54 PM
Interesting. It wasn't directed at you per se as I really don't know anything about you unlike some of the other younger members who talk in length about their family wealth, and if anything the rest of the post was sorta defending you against those criticizing the decision to blow the entire wad on a car and otherwise that it was too much too soon. I even thought I was kinda helping prior in giving advice on the transaction.

I was holding my tongue on this in keeping in line with my trying to turn over a new leaf here on the 'SPIN in trying to be a little more community oriented but unfortunately I feel obliged to return the favor (though don't flatter yourself - I do this primarily because it's so m-f'in g-d obvious):

You, sir, are retarded. 

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 11, 2010, 05:24:33 PM
No, it doesn't matter.  I'm going to have this car for a long time.  Consider it like this:

A) I buy a 3-year-old used car for essentially $0 and am able to sell it for $6k in five years.

B) I buy a brand new car for essentially $0 and am able to sell it for $10k in five years.

Which am I gonna choose? :huh:

I don't follow. Why would the new car depreciate less than the used car? That's not possible.

Colonel Cadillac

Anyways, you can't get a used B8 A4, so we perhaps should not be having this argument.

I wouldn't know how your g-parents/you feel about BMWs, but those on the used side of things...are a completely different story...

I wanted a 328i so badly, but that was out of the question because of the "premium badge."

Tave

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 11, 2010, 07:56:12 PM

I don't follow. Why would the new car depreciate less than the used car? That's not possible.

:nutty:

He's not paying for it.

A new A4 costs more than a 3-year old A4.

In 3 years, a 3-year old A4 will resale for more than a 6-year old A4.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 11, 2010, 07:56:12 PM

My initial investment is $0 (because I'm not paying for it).

The newer (new) car will have a greater return on investment than the older (used) car.

:huh:  It's not that hard. :huh:

:lol:

2o6

I don't understand cougs' jihad for premium compacts.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Tave on April 11, 2010, 08:04:26 PM
:nutty:

He's not paying for it.

A new A4 costs more than a 3-year old A4.

In 3 years, a 3-year old A4 will resale for more than a 6-year old A4.

I may have been a bit confusing. I was not referring to my car, but a similar car worth $35,000 that was a couple-3 years used.

A couple-3 years used car purchased now would most likely be worth more than a brand new car in 3 years.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 11, 2010, 08:40:41 PM

I may have been a bit confusing. I was not referring to my car, but a similar car worth $35,000 that was a couple-3 years used.

A couple-3 years used car purchased now would most likely be worth more than a brand new car in 3 years.

Ohhh.  That could be the case, yeah.

Submariner

This thread got stupid, fast. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550