Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on April 18, 2010, 12:57:53 PM
That was your mistake.  You never put down a deposit until you have decided that you will get the car.  These cars aren't that rare that you couldn't have found another one if the one in which you were interested had sold.

Car dealers are pretty sleazy.  Usually, the higher end German car dealerships try to at least appear to be a little less sleazy.  This move sounds like something I'd expect from a Chevrolet or Honda dealer.

Keep after them.  If you really want to go ghetto on them, tell them you have a bunch of friends who will show up at their lot with baseball bats and start smashing windshields if you don't get your money back.  That worked for somebody I know.

I certainly wouldn't be afraid to play hardball with them.  I have the receipt, I have my credit card statement, etc.  $200 is a lot of money for a college kid to have tied up.  I could probably call the credit card company today and have them refund it for me, but I'd rather piss and moan and bitch at the dealership.

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 18, 2010, 01:01:14 PM
I certainly wouldn't be afraid to play hardball with them.  I have the receipt, I have my credit card statement, etc.  $200 is a lot of money for a college kid to have tied up.  I could probably call the credit card company today and have them refund it for me, but I'd rather piss and moan and bitch at the dealership.

You may not be able to get the money back through the credit card company, if they've already paid the dealership the money.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MX793

Quote from: dazzleman on April 18, 2010, 01:13:58 PM
You may not be able to get the money back through the credit card company, if they've already paid the dealership the money.

You should be able to dispute the charge.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: MX793 on April 18, 2010, 02:04:22 PM
You should be able to dispute the charge.

But he approved the charge when he was at the dealer.  They may very well tell him he needs to get the money back from the dealer.  It's not that easy to get money back through the credit card.  I'm not saying he shouldn't try, but I couldn't say success is assured.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

giant_mtb

I will call them tomorrow; both the saleswoman and the sales manager.  I e-mailed the sales manager earlier today.

giant_mtb

Fuckin' wankers.  Sales manager responded with "oh yes, I'll get that taken care of for you! Sorry for the delay!" yesterday.  Said he'd do it yesterday.  Still hasn't.

E-mailed the saleswoman today with a similar e-mail telling her to either go die or give me my money back.  Her choice.

(not really)

r0tor

Don't e-amil for serious matters... e-mails are always easier to ignore
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Tave

Quote from: r0tor on April 20, 2010, 10:17:36 AM
Don't e-amil for serious matters... e-mails are always easier to ignore

The good thing about emails is then you have a record of the conversation.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

I'm going to go there in person tomorrow if it hasn't been done.  I have a big exam tonight and don't have much time to deal with the bull shit.  After tonight, I'm free and classes are over. 

r0tor

Quote from: Tave on April 20, 2010, 10:19:06 AM
The good thing about emails is then you have a record of the conversation.

True, however he needs to escalate to yelling maniacal asshole levels to get his money back and that can not be done effectively over an e-mail because it would just be ignored.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

hotrodalex

Quote from: r0tor on April 20, 2010, 10:28:11 AM
True, however he needs to escalate to yelling maniacal asshole levels to get his money back and that can not be done effectively over an e-mail because it would just be ignored.

:lol:

I think email first and then in-person lunacy is the best route.

giant_mtb

I'm going in tomorrow for sure.  I'm going to take a copy of a letter that I will send to the Michigan Attorney General, the Consumer Protection Division, the FTC, and any other consumer protection agencies I can get my hands on.  I'm a fucking idiot as I no longer have the receipt from the transaction, but that's moderately irrelevant as it is on my bank statement which has all the numbers and dates anyways.

If all else fails, I'll mention that I have a lot of college buddies that would be happy to celebrate the end of the semester by smashing up some glass and sheet metal.

All conversations will be recorded via iPhone.  And if they give me shit for "well, it's non-refundable," I will procure the e-mail sent to me yesterday which explicitly stated that "Yes! I will make sure that your $200 is refunded today. I apologize for the delay."

Fuck these motherfuckers.  I am definitely not taking my Audi there for service once I get 'er.

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 20, 2010, 03:47:11 PM
I'm going in tomorrow for sure.  I'm going to take a copy of a letter that I will send to the Michigan Attorney General, the Consumer Protection Division, the FTC, and any other consumer protection agencies I can get my hands on.  I'm a fucking idiot as I no longer have the receipt from the transaction, but that's moderately irrelevant as it is on my bank statement which has all the numbers and dates anyways.

If all else fails, I'll mention that I have a lot of college buddies that would be happy to celebrate the end of the semester by smashing up some glass and sheet metal.

All conversations will be recorded via iPhone.  And if they give me shit for "well, it's non-refundable," I will procure the e-mail sent to me yesterday which explicitly stated that "Yes! I will make sure that your $200 is refunded today. I apologize for the delay."

Fuck these motherfuckers.  I am definitely not taking my Audi there for service once I get 'er.

I'd recommend against threats of smashing stuff (especially if you're recording).  If, by some coincidence, stuff does happen to get smashed, you'll be pegged as a suspect.  Also might want to be careful about recording conversations unless you get their permission first.  Not sure what the laws are regarding that.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

I'm kidding about the threatening part; I'm not that stupid. :ohyeah:

And phooey; Michigan law makes it a felony to record conversations without consent from both parties.

Meh.  I don't think they'll give me too much hassle if I go in there and use legal action as a playing card.

EDIT:  Wait a minute...

"Because Michigan?s definition of ?eavesdrop? is to ?overhear, record, amplify or transmit any part of the private discourse of others,? Michigan courts have held that participant recording (even without the consent of the other parties) is not prohibited. Therefore, a party to the conversation can record the conversation himself without obtaining the consent of the other parties. He cannot, however, employ a third party to record the conversation on his behalf without getting the consent of all the parties."

SVT_Power

So when are you getting this car?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 20, 2010, 08:51:12 PM
So when are you getting this car?

Assuming it has arrived at the dealership - which it probably will - I'll be picking it up next Friday on my way home from school. :ohyeah:

giant_mtb

Got mah $200 back today.  Apparently the sales manager forwarded my initial e-mail to the saleswoman, who had my paperwork.  She claimed that she then proceeded to send me an e-mail asking me for my credit card number.  Which I never received.  Apparently her e-mail is fucked up. :facepalm:

Catman

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 21, 2010, 04:23:41 PM
Got mah $200 back today.  Apparently the sales manager forwarded my initial e-mail to the saleswoman, who had my paperwork.  She claimed that she then proceeded to send me an e-mail asking me for my credit card number.  Which I never received.  Apparently her e-mail is fucked up. :facepalm:

Ya, she is fucked up. Yeah.

giant_mtb

SVT_Power

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2010, 06:16:44 PM
Ya, she is fucked up. Yeah.

Quite frankly, I don't get why you use "ya" and "yeah" in two different spellings in the same sentence.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 21, 2010, 06:27:32 PM
Quite frankly, I don't get why you use "ya" and "yeah" in two different spellings in the same sentence.

Too many margaritas tonight!  Yeah.

Tave

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 21, 2010, 06:27:32 PM

"Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Catman

Quote from: Tave on April 21, 2010, 06:32:39 PM
"Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

:lockedup:  BTW, ya and yeah are two different word mang.

Tave

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2010, 06:34:24 PM
:lockedup:  BTW, ya and yeah are two different word mang.

Indeed. One is used by strawberry-blond male bimbos from the fjords of Scandalandia, and the other is used by glassy-eyed burlap-ed beach bumbs from Californada.

I however, was quoting a memorable line from an indelible piece of Americana in an effort to point out the gauche forwardness of questioning your diction on matters so trivial, and now you've forced my hand and here I am writing more and more about this flippant nonsense by the second. Curses to you and the horse you road in on.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Quote from: Tave on April 21, 2010, 06:41:27 PM
Indeed. One is used by strawberry-blond male bimbos from the fjords of Scandalandia, and the other is used by glassy-eyed burlap-ed beach bumbs from Californada.

I however, was quoting a memorable line from an indelible piece of Americana in an effort to point out the gauche forwardness of questioning your diction on matters so trivial, and now you've forced my hand and here I am writing more and more about this flippant nonsense by the second. Curses to you and the horse you road in on.

From a slightly less critically acclaimed movie than gone with the wind:

"ro-ad"  :lol:

Catman

Quote from: Tave on April 21, 2010, 06:41:27 PM

I can't read this post its too long.

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2010, 06:28:45 PM
Too many margaritas tonight!  Yeah.

:rockon:
Drunk posting, Greg?  That's great, mang.....I think this is a first.... :ohyeah:

giant_mtb

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 21, 2010, 06:57:57 PM
:wtf:

Gregory.

Cut him some slack, mang...he's wasted.... :rockon:

Greg, were did you go tonight to get trashed?  It sounds like fun.... :evildude: