Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

giant_mtb

Nah, dude.  It's all good. :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

Quite frankly, I find this behaviour unbecoming of a moderator.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 21, 2010, 07:10:04 PM
Quite frankly, I find this behaviour unbecoming of a moderator.

Haha, I like the wasted side of Greg.  Pretty cool... :rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Far from wasted but I did indulge a bit at the local Mexican joint.

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on April 21, 2010, 07:29:11 PM
Far from wasted but I did indulge a bit at the local Mexican joint.

:ohyeah:
You seemed a little wasted.  Who am I to talk?  I posted really wasted from the train back in December, in between running in and out of the bathroom to throw up.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Quote from: dazzleman on April 21, 2010, 07:31:51 PM
:ohyeah:
You seemed a little wasted.  Who am I to talk?  I posted really wasted from the train back in December, in between running in and out of the bathroom to throw up.

:lol:

dazzleman

That was one hellish train ride.  There were other people on the train who needed to use the bathroom, so it wasn't always empty, and a few times I was desperately trying to keep from barfing right out in the main part of the train.  What a fucking mess that was.   Of course, I couldn't drive home.  Thank God the cab stand was still open at 1 or 2 am when I got there.  It wasn't until noon the next day when I felt sober enough to go back to the station and get my car.

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on April 21, 2010, 07:36:30 PM
That was one hellish train ride.  There were other people on the train who needed to use the bathroom, so it wasn't always empty, and a few times I was desperately trying to keep from barfing right out in the main part of the train.  What a fucking mess that was.   Of course, I couldn't drive home.  Thank God the cab stand was still open at 1 or 2 am when I got there.  It wasn't until noon the next day when I felt sober enough to go back to the station and get my car.

dude, you sound like my drinking habits sophomore year of high school... :lol:

SVT_Power

Chris, did you ever go to a stealership by yourself while shopping for the car?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 21, 2010, 09:36:17 PM
Chris, did you ever go to a stealership by yourself while shopping for the car?

My father was with me when we went to the dealership that we're getting the car from (Grand Rapids).  I went to the dealership here in Ann Arbor by myself; though my parents were there a few days before, and they were thus expecting me.

Why?

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BimmerM3

Quote from: Tave on April 21, 2010, 06:41:27 PM
Indeed. One is used by strawberry-blond male bimbos from the fjords of Scandalandia, and the other is used by glassy-eyed burlap-ed beach bumbs from Californada.

I however, was quoting a memorable line from an indelible piece of Americana in an effort to point out the gauche forwardness of questioning your diction on matters so trivial, and now you've forced my hand and here I am writing more and more about this flippant nonsense by the second. Curses to you and the horse you road in on.

Too bad you mis-quoted it. There's no "Quite" at the beginning. ;)

SVT_Power

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 21, 2010, 09:56:33 PM
My father was with me when we went to the dealership that we're getting the car from (Grand Rapids).  I went to the dealership here in Ann Arbor by myself; though my parents were there a few days before, and they were thus expecting me.

Why?

I went to a BMW dealership today with a guy I work with (he's well into his 30s, has a 350Z) and I was kind of wandering around by myself looking around and I saw sales people just standing around, look at me, and then continue standing around. I had to go up to them to ask them some stuff. Long story short, I will not be trying to get my mom into a (CPO) BMW.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

BimmerM3

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 21, 2010, 10:18:53 PM
I went to a BMW dealership today with a guy I work with (he's well into his 30s, has a 350Z) and I was kind of wandering around by myself looking around and I saw sales people just standing around, look at me, and then continue standing around. I had to go up to them to ask them some stuff. Long story short, I will not be trying to get my mom into a (CPO) BMW.

lol... I wish sales people would do that more often. If I have a question, I'll ask it. Otherwise, go the hell away.

Minpin

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 21, 2010, 10:29:52 PM
lol... I wish sales people would do that more often. If I have a question, I'll ask it. Otherwise, go the hell away.

Seriously. As I made my way into Best Buy the other day, I got asked no less than 4 times if I needed help finding something. "No! Fuck you! I am just trying to walk from the front doors to the back of the business! For fucks sake!" is exactly what crossed my mind.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Rupert

I don't mind telling one person one time to fuck off, but I hate it when nineteen different people try to help. I've got a good fuck off face for those places.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: J86 on April 21, 2010, 09:34:35 PM
dude, you sound like my drinking habits sophomore year of high school... :lol:

I swear... Brother from another mother...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 21, 2010, 10:18:53 PM

Yeah, I hate that shit.  Oddly enough, I rarely got that treatment, except for at a local Honda dealership (owned by the family of baseball player Mike Piazza).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

This one of the most bizarre threads ever. About 8 different topic changes. Cougs baits yet no one takes it. Greg's drunk. Two isolated discussions about grammar/vocab.

On track to get the car on Thursday Chris?

Your exams are freakishly early btw, I thought mine were early, and they don't start until Friday.

giant_mtb

A weird thread, indeed.

Will be picking up the car on Friday.  I got an e-mail from the salesman today confirming that the car arrived at the dealership and it's ready for pickup. :ohyeah:

Yeah, our exams seem to be atypically early, but seem to be relatively consistent with most schools in Michigan.  Classes were done last Tuesday and exams go through Thursday.

TBR

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2010, 05:07:52 PM
A weird thread, indeed.

Will be picking up the car on Friday.  I got an e-mail from the salesman today confirming that the car arrived at the dealership and it's ready for pickup. :ohyeah:

Yeah, our exams seem to be atypically early, but seem to be relatively consistent with most schools in Michigan.  Classes were done last Tuesday and exams go through Thursday.

Sweet, that's pretty exciting. I am afraid my school work would suffer drastically under these circumstances. 'Luckily' I don't have to worry about that.

giant_mtb

Also, I went to the dealership in Ann Arbor (not the one I'm getting the car from) to get my $200 deposit back.  They swiped my card and I have a slip that says "refund" on it.  This was last Wednesday.  The refund has still not gone through...what the fuck?

dazzleman

Quote from: TBR on April 26, 2010, 05:05:07 PM
This one of the most bizarre threads ever. About 8 different topic changes. Cougs baits yet no one takes it. Greg's drunk. Two isolated discussions about grammar/vocab.

On track to get the car on Thursday Chris?

Your exams are freakishly early btw, I thought mine were early, and they don't start until Friday.

Greg being drunk was the best part.  It's a side of him we don't often see.

TBR

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2010, 05:10:17 PM
Also, I went to the dealership in Ann Arbor (not the one I'm getting the car from) to get my $200 deposit back.  They swiped my card and I have a slip that says "refund" on it.  This was last Wednesday.  The refund has still not gone through...what the fuck?

How long did it take for the initial charge to process? I'd wait another couple of days. The processors that small businesses typically use don't seem to be very efficient.

giant_mtb

Quote from: TBR on April 26, 2010, 05:10:10 PM
Sweet, that's pretty exciting. I am afraid my school work would suffer drastically under these circumstances. 'Luckily' I don't have to worry about that.

haha Yeah, I've been getting pretty antsy, but I'm pretty good at keeping it contained.  Plus, 3/4 of my exams were done over two days, and my last one is just for a bullshit class, so I haven't had too much to worry about.

giant_mtb

Quote from: TBR on April 26, 2010, 05:12:17 PM
How long did it take for the initial charge to process? I'd wait another couple of days. The processors that small businesses typically use don't seem to be very efficient.

The charge went through the day of.  At least, it showed up on my online activity statement that same day.  I assumed the refund would take no more than a few days.  I am getting exuberantly frustrated with this POS dealership.

the Teuton

Quote from: dazzleman on April 26, 2010, 05:11:15 PM
Greg being drunk was the best part.  It's a side of him we don't often see.

You old people were probably cool as hell a long time ago.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Quote from: the Teuton on April 26, 2010, 05:15:02 PM
You old people were probably cool as hell a long time ago.

We were actually cooler than a lot of you young guys are now, back in our time.... :lol:

TBR

Quote from: dazzleman on April 26, 2010, 05:16:16 PM
We were actually cooler than a lot of you young guys are now, back in our time.... :lol:

Well, at least in my case, that wouldn't be saying much. :tounge:

dazzleman

Quote from: TBR on April 26, 2010, 05:17:02 PM
Well, at least in my case, that wouldn't be saying much. :tounge:

I know.... :lol: