Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

You guys and your little paper sizes. Letter?   :wtf:

Good choice in choosing the proper paper size Chris. A4. A4 indeed.

giant_mtb

A4's license plate will officially read: LOTR

:praise:

Don't hate.  I :wub: Lord of the Rings.  Audi...rings...get it? :mask:

SVT_Power

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 02:04:49 PM
ISO 216!

Get off meh.  Though I must give you credit for that.  That's a hell of an idea. :ohyeah:  Maybe I'll get that in a year when the registration renews or somethin'.

SVT_Power

Raza

Ugh, I don't like vanity plates.

ISO 216?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 02:02:00 PM
A4's license plate will officially read: LOTR

:praise:

Don't hate.  I :wub: Lord of the Rings.  Audi...rings...get it? :mask:

:facepalm: ^ 2

You know we're not hanging out after I move to Michigan, right?

giant_mtb

"ISO 216 specifies international standard (ISO) paper sizes used in most countries in the world today. It is the standard which defines the commonly available A4 paper size."

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 28, 2010, 02:21:36 PM
:facepalm: ^ 2

You know we're not hanging out after I move to Michigan, right?

Blah blah blah.  I don't care what people think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm my own man!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 02:22:08 PM
Blah blah blah.  I don't care what people think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm my own man!

Apparently, you're your own Lord...  :rolleyes:

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

And I finally got mah $200 back.  Cripes.

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 02:21:44 PM
"ISO 216 specifies international standard (ISO) paper sizes used in most countries in the world today. It is the standard which defines the commonly available A4 paper size."

Mildly interesting is a very geeky way. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

the Teuton

What's the fun if no one gets it?

People would get 'PAPER OR' on my car, but srsly, ISO 216?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on April 26, 2010, 05:15:02 PM
You old people were probably cool as hell a long time ago.

:evildude:

I have more cool in my little finger than you do in your entire self.  Even as an old dude.  I'm down on Bourbon Street this week at a conference and I've already earned some beads.  Yup, flashing my man-boobs to those ladies on the balcony really paid off!  :praise:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 02:21:44 PM

I'm guessing most folks would see that as a non-vanity plate.  And those who get it are bound to be insufferably boring. (Not that you'd be insufferably boring for having it, but you know what I'm getting at..... :lol: )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 04:56:52 PM

I have more cool in my little finger than you do in your entire self.  Even as an old dude.  I'm down on Bourbon Street this week at a conference and I've already earned some beads.  Yup, flashing my man-boobs to those ladies on the balcony really paid off!  :praise:

When you're 6'7, your little finger is probably the size of a regular person's index finger.

But anyway, I refuse to believe that you were/are cool  :devil:

Actually, I would say you're pretty cool. But Dave isn't!

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 04:56:52 PM

No shit, whatchu doin in my adopted city?!  Let me know if you want any restaurant/bar/music/general things to do recs...

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 05:58:31 PM
When you're 6'7, your little finger is probably the size of a regular person's index finger.

:rage: :rage:
WTF is that all about?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 06:29:49 PM
No shit, whatchu doin in my adopted city?!  Let me know if you want any restaurant/bar/music/general things to do recs...

I'm at a conference at the Astor on the corner of Bourbon and Canal St.  My 1st time in N.O. - quite the place!  You went to school down here, right?  I can't imagine getting much studying done around here.  :partyon:  Ate at the Palace Cafe and the Bourbon Cafe right in the hotel so far.  Food is amazingly good.  Seafood like up in New England, but cooked Cajun style. So any recommendations?  I'm hanging with a pretty sedate bunch though. They're easily frightened!  Is it any good down by the river at Decatur St, or just a good place to get mugged?  I'm used to Boston where you really have to look for a bad place to walk.  in N.O, it's a lot easier to find those.   :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 05:58:31 PM

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 06:47:24 PM
:rage: :rage:
WTF is that all about?

:lol: I think Eddie is still mad because you beat up on him for being a slacker.  He's venting.  Not sure why he's laying the beat down on me, though.  :cry:  Although he did say I was "pretty cool", so I guess that's a start.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 06:54:44 PM
I'm at a conference at the Astor on the corner of Bourbon and Canal St.  My 1st time in N.O. - quite the place!  You went to school down here, right?  I can't imagine getting much studying done around here.  :partyon:  Ate at the Palace Cafe and the Bourbon Cafe right in the hotel so far.  Food is amazingly good.  Seafood like up in New England, but cooked Cajun style. So any recommendations?  I'm hanging with a pretty sedate bunch though. They're easily frightened!  Is it any good down by the river at Decatur St, or just a good place to get mugged?  I'm used to Boston where you really have to look for a bad place to walk.  in N.O, it's a lot easier to find those.   :devil:

Ha, I'm at law school down here now.  A couple miles uptown of you.

There is a blues club called BMC all the way down Decatur that I like.  If you go all the way down Decatur and turn onto Frenchman street, that's the real Quarter where all the jazz clubs are.  Bourbon St is fun once in a blue moon, but...  You should check it out while you're here, get a Hurricane at Pat O's (sit in the piano bar).

The park by the river right off Jackson Square is pretty cool.  Well, I like it b/c I like watching the shipping...  it's right at a bend in the Mississippi so you get to see the pilots navigate the long barge strings and freighters through a big current rip, the water guy in my loves that.

I don't know what kind of dinner you are looking for, but in my biased opinion (friends w/ the owner, well until he sold it this past year) the best fancy meal is at Galatoire's on Bourbon.  Old old old New Orleans institution.  Wear a jacket to dinner.  Failing that, at least check out Arnaud's or Antoine's.  A local favorite in the quarter is Irene's.  Call ahead- waits can be over two hours on busy nights.

There is a restaurant called Herbsaint right on St. Charles Ave across from Lafayette square that is fantastic, and another famous NOLA place.  None of the ones I have recommended are cheap, mind you.

Do you have a rental car at all or are you on foot?  Get uptown if you can.  Once you start heading uptown your options open wide...  you should get an old fashioned on the porch at the Columns Hotel, again on St. Charles.  If you want funky, right near the Columns (on Amelia St) there is a place called Mayfair that gets an eclectic crowd. 

Magazine St. has a ton of cool shit.  I spend alot of time down there.  If you want a real dive check out Ms Mae's, corner of Napoleon and Magazine.  I spend most of my time at the Bulldog, also on Mag.

Let me know if you've got any questions or specifics.  If you find yourself wending your way up town at all I'll get you a beer!

J86

Oh, and you should have a Sazerac while you are down here.  Go to the Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel (on Canal, pretty close to the Astor) for that.

saxonyron

Shit, I didn't know you were still here.  We should grab a beer for sure!  Don't know how to get uptown though.  In fact, not sure what uptown is, since isn't the lake only a few blocks from here? :lol:  The conference is at the hotel where I'm staying, and I knew we were downtown, so I pussied out and didn't get a car.  I always heard this was a walking city anyway, right?  Well, I'm here till Friday, so it would be cool if we could meet up at some point.  :cheers:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan