Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 07:05:43 PM
Oh, and you should have a Sazerac while you are down here.  Go to the Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel (on Canal, pretty close to the Astor) for that.

I've been drinking Abita Ambers.  They're pretty good.  But the sea food down here....holy shit!  Haven't seen a Sazerac yet.  What is it? 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

To meet Ron and Josh at the same time...that'd be a fucking riot.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on April 28, 2010, 07:24:17 PM
To meet Ron and Josh at the same time...that'd be a fucking riot.

New Orleans GTG!  Anyone else around?? Although there aren't too many nice rides around here.  No automotive eye candy.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:21:21 PM
Shit, I didn't know you were still here.  We should grab a beer for sure!  Don't know how to get uptown though.  In fact, not sure what uptown is, since isn't the lake only a few blocks from here? :lol:  The conference is at the hotel where I'm staying, and I knew we were downtown, so I pussied out and didn't get a car.  I always heard this was a walking city anyway, right?  Well, I'm here till Friday, so it would be cool if we could meet up at some point.  :cheers:

You guys have to meet up!  Isn't Colonel Cadillac still there also?  Ron, maybe Charlie could get you back into fingering chicks in bars as you're snorting coke..... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:27:06 PM
New Orleans GTG!  Anyone else around?? Although there aren't too many nice rides around here.  No automotive eye candy.

Went there a couple years ago and stayed right there at the Omni.  Place sicks IMO, glad I was on the company dime.  I liked the food though.

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on April 28, 2010, 07:34:59 PM
Went there a couple years ago and stayed right there at the Omni.  Place sicks IMO, glad I was on the company dime.  I liked the food though.

I remember you didn't like it.  What was the problem, none of the women there flashed their tits at you?  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 07:28:59 PM
You guys have to meet up!  Isn't Colonel Cadillac still there also?  Ron, maybe Charlie could get you back into fingering chicks in bars as you're snorting coke..... :lol:

:evildude:  From what I've seen on Bourbon Street, I'd fit right in doing that.  Is Charlie here too?  What's with all the New England guys ending up in New Orleans?

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:37:25 PM
:evildude:  From what I've seen on Bourbon Street, I'd fit right in doing that.  Is Charlie here too?  What's with all the New England guys ending up in New Orleans?

It would be pretty funny if you met, considering that I don't think Josh and Charlie have ever met, even though they've been going to the same school for a year.  And the two Tims are Wake Forest (Tave and TBR) have never met either.

I don't know if Charlie is in NOLA right now.  He was traveling a bit lately.  But it would be pretty cool if you guys met up.  If so, post pictures!

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:22:58 PM
I've been drinking Abita Ambers.  They're pretty good.  But the sea food down here....holy shit!  Haven't seen a Sazerac yet.  What is it? 

That was one of my most pleasant surprises.  The local beer is great!

Yeah, hope you like oysters.  It's crawfish season right now, and it's actually a pretty good year, so make sure you get some.

Plenty of nice rides- just gotta get uptown into the rich guy area!

As per my PM- hopefully we can catch up tomorrow.

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
It would be pretty funny if you met, considering that I don't think Josh and Charlie have ever met, even though they've been going to the same school for a year.  And the two Tims are Wake Forest (Tave and TBR) have never met either.

I don't know if Charlie is in NOLA right now.  He was traveling a bit lately.  But it would be pretty cool if you guys met up.  If so, post pictures!

Nah, haven't met Charlie yet.  He's been drinkin' with some of my friends though :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 07:47:48 PM
That was one of my most pleasant surprises.  The local beer is great!

Yeah, hope you like oysters.  It's crawfish season right now, and it's actually a pretty good year, so make sure you get some.

Plenty of nice rides- just gotta get uptown into the rich guy area!

As per my PM- hopefully we can catch up tomorrow.

I'm jealous that I can't be there for this GTG.  You and Ron will have a lot of fun grabbing a drink together!

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 07:48:24 PM
Nah, haven't met Charlie yet.  He's been drinkin' with some of my friends though :lol:

That's not saying much.  That kid drinks with everyone down there.... :evildude:

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 07:39:57 PM

They've never met? I think it should be mandatory that any Spinner within a 1 hr drive should meet any fellow Spinner. Or you're out of the club.  I've been buried at work lately, so this trip pretty much came up as a surprise, even though it's been booked for over 6 months.  I never stopped to think about who might be down here.  Sometimes the unplanned events work out better than the planned ones.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Oh, and a Sazerac is Sazerac Rye whiskey, Peychard's Bitters, and some simple syrup, served neat.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:49:58 PM
They've never met? I think it should be mandatory that any Spinner within a 1 hr drive should meet any fellow Spinner. Or you're out of the club.  I've been buried at work lately, so this trip pretty much came up as a surprise, even though it's been booked for over 6 months.  I never stopped to think about who might be down here.  Sometimes the unplanned events work out better than the planned ones.

I'll miss omicron  :frown: :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:49:58 PM
youre catching me during exams, which is an odd time, because it is on the one hand insanely busy, but there are brief periods of complete downtime, such as right after the exam I have tomorrow.

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 07:51:40 PM
youre catching me during exams, which is an odd time, because it is on the one hand insanely busy, but there are brief periods of complete downtime, such as right after the exam I have tomorrow.

Too bad Ron is down there without the Audi.  He could have taken you for a really fun ride as part of the GTG!

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 08:00:25 PM
Too bad Ron is down there without the Audi.  He could have taken you for a really fun ride as part of the GTG!

Too bad my bud's modded MINI is in the shop (AGAIN!!!) or else I'd borrow that to joy ride around in.  Guess we'll have to make do with the Grandpa Cruiser. :lol:

giant_mtb

Get out of my thread, you old fogies. :rage:

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 07:51:40 PM

That might work out perfectly - I just PMed you.  Maybe our 1st Annual NOGTG tomorrow? :cheers:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 08:03:24 PM
That might work out perfectly - I just PMed you.  Maybe our 1st Annual NOGTG tomorrow? :cheers:

It's on!  I'll give you a holler when I get out of the damn exam (sometime hopefully not too far past 5).

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 08:00:25 PM

:lol:  I think my driving style will fit right in around here.  After the cab ride from the airport, I had to change my underwear.  Twice. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

The Pirate

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 07:22:58 PM

Get an Abita Turbodog while you're down there!  It's one of my favorite beers, and you can't find 'em up here.  It's a brown ale, so similar to Newcastle, but much much better.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:04:12 PM
It's on!  I'll give you a holler when I get out of the damn exam (sometime hopefully not too far past 5).

Awesome! See you then, and good luck with the exam.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Thanks!  And yeah, the drivers are nuts.  I have two friends who have had their cars toatled...while parked.  I get honked at regularly for NOT blowing reds.

J86

Quote from: The Pirate on April 28, 2010, 08:05:49 PM
Get an Abita Turbodog while you're down there!  It's one of my favorite beers, and you can't find 'em up here.  It's a brown ale, so similar to Newcastle, but much much better.

Turbodog is delicious.  My favorite Abita is probably their Red Ale.  Their Jockamo IPA is pretty decent, but a bit too sweet for my tastes when Im looking for an IPA. 

BTW if youre ever in NYC, Gingerman on E 36th has Abita sometimes.

dazzleman

Well Ron, you could just put on your skirt and rent a Suburban...:devil:

saxonyron

Quote from: The Pirate on April 28, 2010, 08:05:49 PM

I've heard the Turbodogs mentioned.  I think I'll shoot back down to the bar and order one up. The night is still young. :cheers:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 08:11:13 PM
Well Ron, you could just put on your skirt and rent a Suburban...:devil:

Now where'd that "Bite Me" smiley go??

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:10:41 PM
Turbodog is delicious.  My favorite Abita is probably their Red Ale.  Their Jockamo IPA is pretty decent, but a bit too sweet for my tastes when Im looking for an IPA. 

BTW if youre ever in NYC, Gingerman on E 36th has Abita sometimes.

Now I'm getting thirsty.  I might just slip out and grab a pint.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan