96' Neon Project thread

Started by 2o6, September 07, 2010, 08:04:02 PM

Rupert

Sounds to me like yer car is a piece. ;)
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Sounds like it's time to redo all the hardware and get new shoes (brake shoes, not Converse  ;) )

S204STi

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on October 29, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
Sounds to me like yer car is a piece. ;)

False.  It is worthy of Cavalier rims.

2o6

Code 15 - No signal from vehicle speed sensor - CEL on.

Code 17 - Engine cold too long. Either i'm getting this because I don't let my car warm up (I get in and go, and my car isn't warm by the time I get to school) or the balance of antifreeze in my car is wrong. I already redid the thermostat, and I don't have overheating problems.

I may fix this (and the parking brake) then quit while I'm ahead.

2o6

"if your facing your engine bay, go to about the top left corner of the engine, basicly where the tranny meets the block. from there, look straight down. you should see a sensor sticking up towards you on the tranny. its probaby camoflaudge (sp) with grease/oil and grime over it. if you cant find it, just look for a wire going to the tranny and follow it. there should be 1, 10mm bolt holding it down, loosen it, then just pull it right out."

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=253408&p=1931032&hilit=vehicle+speed+sensor#p1931032

Sounds simple enough, but there's probably not much clearance. Sensor is pretty cheap, too.