I'm looking at this tomorrow

Started by Raza , November 03, 2005, 04:57:49 PM

Raza

That's not bad, but a Carrera still faster than that, and definitely handles better.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Raza

I've thought about the NSX, but I'd want a 96 or newer to maximize the power output, but those are a pretty pricy proposition sometimes.  I love the cars, don't get me wrong, but the Porsche Boxster S would do just about as much for less without the mess of storing the targa top.

EDIT:  Wow...that's a clean car!  A lot of miles for an NSX, but these are some of the most reliable exotics out there.  Maybe I'll look around a little harder at the NSX.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

I have a feeling I could never convince them on this.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Hmm...Just how unreliable are 1997 Esprits?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

QuoteI have a feeling I could never convince them on this.
Good luck on that one :D  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

Esprits have 14 cu ft of trunk space?  That's amazing!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Speed_Racer

Dude, I'd gladly take any of these cars. You are truly lucky to be able to chose from cars like the 911, NSX, M3, etc.

Good luck with whatever you get!

TBR

QuoteI've thought about the NSX, but I'd want a 96 or newer to maximize the power output, but those are a pretty pricy proposition sometimes.  I love the cars, don't get me wrong, but the Porsche Boxster S would do just about as much for less without the mess of storing the targa top.

EDIT:  Wow...that's a clean car!  A lot of miles for an NSX, but these are some of the most reliable exotics out there.  Maybe I'll look around a little harder at the NSX.
All of the ones I posted are 1996+ and are also under $50k, which is your budget IIRC.

Raza

QuoteI've thought about the NSX, but I'd want a 96 or newer to maximize the power output, but those are a pretty pricy proposition sometimes.  I love the cars, don't get me wrong, but the Porsche Boxster S would do just about as much for less without the mess of storing the targa top.

EDIT:  Wow...that's a clean car!  A lot of miles for an NSX, but these are some of the most reliable exotics out there.  Maybe I'll look around a little harder at the NSX.
All of the ones I posted are 1996+ and are also under $50k, which is your budget IIRC.
50K is the budget for a new car (which is relatively irrelevant, since there few cars that touch 50K that I fancy) but for a used car (with financing as opposed to leasing) it would have to be lower, around the 40K range.  I don't know if I could push it any further, but the NSX is a good choice.  The place that had the 911 has a 1991 NSX, but it's 35K, and that's much more than that car is worth.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteI have a feeling I could never convince them on this.
Vipers arent the best everday cars ;)   Especially earlier gen ones...

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SaltyDog

Corvette, either new or slightly used?  GTO?  New Mustang for 25k?  Make it crazy-fast for 32k?

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TBR

I believe he is still considering a GT500 convertible.

mazda6er

*cough*insurance!*cough*

If that's not an issue, then all I can say is: :rockon:!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Speed_Racer

What can you do with the extra $$? Lets say you buy a car for $20K (god forbid!  ;) ), could you invest the other $30K allowance? That's what I'd do, but I'd buy like an $8K car and invest the other $42K.

Yeah...I'm a loser.

Raza

QuoteCorvette, either new or slightly used?  GTO?  New Mustang for 25k?  Make it crazy-fast for 32k?
The Corvette just doesn't strike me.  It's a car I'd love to have, but not to own.  There's just something about it that turns me off.  Maybe it's the kid I knew in high school that had Corvette.

Stang doesn't really do it for me either--I hate to admit it, but it's an image thing, I think.  Almost for the same reason I'd never own a Scion, even if they started making good cars.  

GTO's got no sunroof.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteWhat can you do with the extra $$? Lets say you buy a car for $20K (god forbid!  ;) ), could you invest the other $30K allowance? That's what I'd do, but I'd buy like an $8K car and invest the other $42K.

Yeah...I'm a loser.
No, it doesn't work that way!  I wish it did, because I'd get something like a 944 Turbo and an MR-2 Spyder and stick the rest of the money into vending machines.  There's good money in vending machines.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteI believe he is still considering a GT500 convertible.
I don't believe that will be out in time, but it is quite a machine.

As an aside to what I said earlier about the Mustang...it is a great car, and I would love to own one, but not as my primary car.  Later on, when I have the income to own two cars, I would love one as second car (daily or weekend), but right now I don't want to be lumped into a crowd of tilted hat punk kids.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

Raza, have you considered a CTS-V?

Raza

QuoteRaza, have you considered a CTS-V?
Yes, but they're not the easiest to find.  It is a possibility, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

I'd check AutoTrader, when I looked they had a fair number of them. All manuals, of course.

Raza

I found one ten minutes from my house, a 2005 for only 40K.  I'll check it out this week.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SaltyDog

QuoteCorvette, either new or slightly used?  GTO?  New Mustang for 25k?  Make it crazy-fast for 32k?
The Corvette just doesn't strike me.  It's a car I'd love to have, but not to own.  There's just something about it that turns me off.  Maybe it's the kid I knew in high school that had Corvette.

Stang doesn't really do it for me either--I hate to admit it, but it's an image thing, I think.  Almost for the same reason I'd never own a Scion, even if they started making good cars.  

GTO's got no sunroof.
You could have one custom fabricated.  Even with that you will have money to spare.  

6.0L Corvette Engine[/size]

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

SaltyDog

As an aside to what I said earlier about the Mustang...it is a great car, and I would love to own one, but not as my primary car.  Later on, when I have the income to own two cars, I would love one as second car (daily or weekend), but right now I don't want to be lumped into a crowd of tilted hat punk kids.
I don't think that's a fair steryotype.  Those kids are more likely to own a 10yo civic than a new Mustang.  They can't afford one.  I'll bet a good many young professionals and 50yo midlife-crisesers own .

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

Raza

I don't think that's a fair steryotype.  Those kids are more likely to own a 10yo civic than a new Mustang.  They can't afford one.  I'll bet a good many young professionals and 50yo midlife-crisesers own .
Where I live, kids get new cars from their parents, mostly.  And so many of them drive Mustangs and tilt their hats and listen to bad rap music.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

A lot of kids around here get new cars for graduation, but few of them get Mustangs or such (an over $20k sticker price and high insurance rates, not a combo parents love).

Raghavan

I'd be lucky to end up with a Civic Si. That and the Integra GS-R would be the only FWD'ers i'd consider.

Secret Chimp

QuoteCorvette, either new or slightly used?  GTO?  New Mustang for 25k?  Make it crazy-fast for 32k?

GTO's got no sunroof.
C5's don't look all that good. They strike me as stylized bars of soap.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

GTO's got no sunroof.
You could have one custom fabricated.  Even with that you will have money to spare.  

6.0L Corvette Engine[/size]
The aftermarket ones aren't powered, they don't seal as well, and they don't stow in the roof.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i