***2013 Jaguar F-Type Premiere at Avalon Cars, Munich***

Started by cawimmer430, May 25, 2013, 08:55:17 AM

cawimmer430

Look! Subaru BRZ!

Attended the premiere of the new Jaguar F-Type yesterday. Stunning car. Here are the snapshots and videos!  :mrcool:

Getting tired of all those Jaguars? No problem!

Look! Infiniti G37S! Not a lowly G37, a G37S!!!

Yawn! Boring! Hold on! This will wake you up! Guaranteed!

Look! Mazda Miata! Mother of god it's gorgeous!!!

VIDEOS

Weird music prior to the cloth being taken off! Check out the smoke!

Jaguar FType Opening

F-Type 5.0 V8 Supercharged sound!

2013 Jaguar F-Type 5.0 Supercharged V8 Sound

I hope you enjoyed the photos of the Subaru BRZ, Infiniti G37S and of course the Mazda Miata!  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Onslaught

As always a great looking car from Jaguar. The good news is because it's an unreliable POS Jaguar it will depreciate so fucking fast and bad that you could pick up a used one for the price of a Yugo in a few years.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on May 25, 2013, 09:03:39 AM
As always a great looking car from Jaguar. The good news is because it's an unreliable POS Jaguar it will depreciate so fucking fast and bad that you could pick up a used one for the price of a Yugo in a few years.

:lol:

The F-Type seriously looks awesome and sounds good. They had the two V6 models and the V8 model on display and also demonstrated the engine sounds. The V8 sounds the best. Both the V6s sounded very tame and uninteresting to me.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

Actually, I wasn't joking. Great looking cars as always. But that H&H don't help them hold value.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Onslaught on May 25, 2013, 09:25:32 AM
Actually, I wasn't joking. Great looking cars as always. But that H&H don't help them hold value.

Yup, they drop like a rock.......tied a missile fired towards the ground.

FlatBlackCaddy

MX793

As dead sexy as it is, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it competes with.  I figured this thing would be priced in Boxster/SLK/Z4 territory , but the base model is $10K-$15K more than a Boxster S or SLK350 and $5K more than the top of the line Z4.  The base model is even slightly more than an SLK55 AMG (which has a considerably more powerful V8).  Step up into the "S" trim, which is still down on power to the SLK55, and you're looking at a $13K price difference vs the Benz.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Quote from: Onslaught on May 25, 2013, 09:03:39 AM
As always a great looking car from Jaguar. The good news is because it's an unreliable POS Jaguar.........

It would seem that the good citizens who completed  the 2013 JD Power Survey have a rather different experience.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2013-jd-power-customer-satisfaction-survey-full-manufacturer-results

Onslaught

Quote from: Colin on May 25, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
It would seem that the good citizens who completed  the 2013 JD Power Survey have a rather different experience.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2013-jd-power-customer-satisfaction-survey-full-manufacturer-results
I'd need to see 10 more years of this before I changed my opinion of the brand. Love looking at them, but they won't get my money.

MrH

F type is a great looking car. Being auto only still seems strange to me in such a vehicle. Really hoping they follow through and bring a manual version to the states soon.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

They said they were going to make a manual F-Type and introduce more manual transmissions.  If they keep true to that, the F-Type might just be the car to replace my Z4 in 4-5 years.  I'll, of course, go used, since Jag resale is legendarily poor. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

People who buy (er, finance/lease) Jags have no interest in manual transmissions - the brand caters to the Orange County housewife side of the market.

Catman

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on May 26, 2013, 02:21:59 PM
Its not a Lexus but I'd take it.

Agreed. It has style, class and HISTORY & HERITAGE. It's definitely not a Lexus.  :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on May 26, 2013, 02:05:04 PM
People who buy (er, finance/lease) Jags have no interest in manual transmissions - the brand caters to the Orange County housewife side of the market.

They came out saying that it would have a manual and they're planning more manual transmission cars in the coming years.   :huh:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MexicoCityM3

I just checked the prices for Mexico. Outrageous.

The base model V6 is 6K more than a Boxster S, the V6S is almost in Carrera S territory, and the V8S is priced close to a GT3.

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on May 29, 2013, 10:10:55 AM
I just checked the prices for Mexico. Outrageous.

The base model V6 is 6K more than a Boxster S, the V6S is almost in Carrera S territory, and the V8S is priced close to a GT3.

You need to change your jobs if you can only afford poor people cars like BMW 1Ms and M3s! How does Mexican drug baron sound to you? :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MX793 on May 25, 2013, 10:12:24 AM
As dead sexy as it is, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it competes with.  I figured this thing would be priced in Boxster/SLK/Z4 territory , but the base model is $10K-$15K more than a Boxster S or SLK350 and $5K more than the top of the line Z4.  The base model is even slightly more than an SLK55 AMG (which has a considerably more powerful V8).  Step up into the "S" trim, which is still down on power to the SLK55, and you're looking at a $13K price difference vs the Benz.

Not to mention, the XK is not much slower, heavier, or more expensive. I am guessing this one is a more "pure" driving experience, but probably not by much. I hate to play up the old internet refrain, but this thing really is too heavy and too expensive. Especially for what I understand is a bespoke platform. If they built this off of something bigger then I understand the result, but still not the effort. You know you botched when both the Boxster and the 911 are better buys.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Onslaught

It has a great looking ass however. Something most cars can't say.

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 29, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Not to mention, the XK is not much slower, heavier, or more expensive. I am guessing this one is a more "pure" driving experience, but probably not by much. I hate to play up the old internet refrain, but this thing really is too heavy and too expensive. Especially for what I understand is a bespoke platform. If they built this off of something bigger then I understand the result, but still not the effort. You know you botched when both the Boxster and the 911 are better buys.
Yet, neither of those have the sex appeal of the Jag. 

CALL_911

This thing has to be the best looking new car to go on sale in a long time.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on May 29, 2013, 10:57:12 PM
Yet, neither of those have the sex appeal of the Jag.
Sex appeal can only go so far. Remember the XLR?

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 30, 2013, 07:01:56 AM
Sex appeal can only go so far. Remember the XLR?
Yes I do.  I see one every single day.  It never had any sex appeal since it was horribly ugly.  The Jag is the sexiest car in years and it drives really well too.  What more could you ask for?

veeman

jaguars have always been overpriced, more so than their germen brethren.  since the german brethren are also overpriced, the jaguars are really really overpriced.  that's one of the reasons they sell in such small numbers. 

i always thought they looked better, like this one does, than the german luxury cars.  it looks better than a boxster or merc slk.

to get a better more exclusive looking car, you'd have to go to superlux like an aston martin or ferrari.

i think the guys who buy these cars don't care too much about performance.  no one tracks these.  they're meant for going to the country club to golf in top down style.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on May 30, 2013, 08:10:05 AM
Yes I do.  I see one every single day.  It never had any sex appeal since it was horribly ugly.  The Jag is the sexiest car in years and it drives really well too.  What more could you ask for?
For the spiritual successor of the E-Type to not weigh as more than a 3 series wagon, for starters. This thing is a lardass and falls short dynamically.

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 30, 2013, 10:02:51 AM
For the spiritual successor of the E-Type to not weigh as more than a 3 series wagon, for starters. This thing is a lardass and falls short dynamically.
The E-type is from an era when there was literally no safety equipment, no crash protection, and no options.  They were tin cans on wheels.  Even supercars weigh as much as a family sedan.  Hell, the tiny and lightweight Ferrari 458 weighs as much as a Ford Fusion.  Do I want cars to get lighter?  Hell yes, but at what cost?  It's not cheap to make cars lighter.

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 30, 2013, 10:02:51 AM

Wow, how did you get a test drive so quickly?  Were you one of the winners for that test drive an F type promotion they were running?

Also, Chris Harris disagrees.  I'm more inclined to believe him ;)
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT666

Quote from: MrH on May 30, 2013, 11:58:39 AM
Wow, how did you get a test drive so quickly?  Were you one of the winners for that test drive an F type promotion they were running?

Also, Chris Harris disagrees.  I'm more inclined to believe him ;)
The reviews I've seen say it drives pretty well, though the V6 is better than the V8, and it's much more GT than sports car.